Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brussles Affair
Posted by: country honk ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:19

Brussles Affair - just listened to it today - one more time, can't get enough of it, fantastic - rough, agressive, fast, mean, hot - you name it.....

Street Fighting man - is it MT playing an endless "fast" solo (can't hear it very well), while Keith plays another "slow" solo - two guitar solos at the same time.....?

Does anybody know, if the consert ever was recorded on video - if so, does a video / DVD exists somewhere.....

Statement - must be one of the best conserts ever made by any band.....

Re: Brussles Affair
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:21

Great boot. I like Taylor's lead on "Heartbreaker" among many shining moments.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:25

My favorite version of: Midnight Rambler!!! fastest tempo!!!!

MLC

Re: Brussels Affair
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:29

yeah, the whole planet was plugged directly into the source, via the Rolling Stones.
i'm still looking for anyone (other than the band) who actually survived that first Brussels show -
i know someone who was at the second one, but it seems like the whole audience at the first one
was assumed bodily into some kind of eternity situation.
and i've never heard of any footage from it in circulation (or existing at all).

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: stein ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:32

It was first called "Nasty Music" on dobbel Lp later "Europe 73" Look for this titels also. I have never seen this fantastic consert on any kind of film.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:35

Its so tremendous!!!!I love those Mick Taylor melodies,everybody should own it, its time for a dvd!!!!What about Rotterdam,1973!!!!get your pussies clean,a good boot, hope there s a soundboard!

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:39

Can anyone please help me get a copy of this.

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:50

this the deserted island cd..nuff said

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-09 22:51 by lonecrapshooter.

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:51

Brilliant indeed,although my own preference is for the mighty handsome girls.

Posted by: Sharks Will Cry ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:54

Yea. I bought Brussels Affair when I was drunk one night. It also has a second CD with some random ok stuff (some of the sound quality isnt as good).

It whups the seamonkey's flap.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: January 9, 2006 22:58

Would love to hear a couple of great solos on the current tour...

It doesn't need to be on every track, but a couple of them..... Ronnie showed in 1975, that he can (could) play solos.....

Question is:

- can he still do it - or has he lost the pace / ability because of drugs / alcohol?
- or has it been decided by Mick / Keith not to have solos anymore, because it doens't fit in the current concept of Stones music?

Posted by: Sharks Will Cry ()
Date: January 9, 2006 23:03

I think two things have happened:

1) Ronnie is no longer deemed capable of owning 30 seconds of stage time by Mick, and maybe even Keith. This is probably due to him not being able to consistantly nail solos, but it might also be vanity on the part of the Glimmer Twins, and a certain insecurity on their part.
2) I think the stage production and arrangements have left little room for the type of extended jamming and improv that one hears is shows like Brussels '73. Things are hemmed in very tightly, and can't be changed in accordance to how "on" Ronnie, Keith, Mick's Hemmrhoids, etc...are feeling that night. So they go with the lowest risk format: fewer solos and even less from Ronnie.

Date: January 9, 2006 23:17

There is a Video of a 1973 European show; the Stones doing: Street Fighting
Man - Taylor sure cook's on that one!! Keith's rhythm's are top notch also!

If someone recorded that, that can't be the only song they recorded!

Bet the Stones have that recording in their "vaults"....

Love to pose a question to Jagger/Richards about that...

MLC

Date: January 9, 2006 23:21

>> There is a Video of a 1973 European show; the Stones doing: Street Fighting Man <<

that's from the Frankfurt show (sep 30th 1973) ...

Date: January 10, 2006 00:20

Soul - again, if that was recorded, it couldn't be the "only" song recorded that night! wonder who has the "original" footage and how much of it exists...

MLC

Re: Brussels Affair
Date: January 10, 2006 00:47

i ain't arguing with you, MLC - just thought i'd identify the show for the people who don't know.
maybe someone else can answer your questions. or you could submit it to the Ask Keith gizmo over at KeithRichards.com ... :E

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: January 10, 2006 03:35

I downloaded Brussels Affair from RP. I thought the recordings may be too fast? Anyone knows these are at the proper speed? If so they would play twice as fast as on Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home