Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boulder 81
Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: January 9, 2006 04:58

This was my first Stone show...I saw both days. Was anyone else at this show?

Re: Boulder 81
Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: January 9, 2006 06:50

I wasn't there but where was the show? I don't think they've ever played Red Rocks. Have they?

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 9, 2006 07:11

I used to have a bootleg,of the last of the two......very nice boot,I regret sold it,high up in the mointains,drunken fans laughing all through the show,Mick playfull,and on the end of the show sayin ,to the crowd'''drive carefully''wich wos the name of this 3double lp also.I will buy it again,but Inever saw it again!Tell us your concert storie!!!?And did ya also went in 78??or who did no one seems to know much of this show!.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 9, 2006 07:17

letitbleed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wasn't there but where was the show?

Folsom Field.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: January 9, 2006 10:23

2nd day is coming out on sbd quality,from Empress valley.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: January 9, 2006 10:26

If you locate "Pave Boulder" and "My Heart's Pounding" you can piece together the whole October 3 show. "Drive Carefully", the October 4 show was released by VGP on CD in nice audience quality. Also, Empress Valley just released a soundboard of the second show.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: January 11, 2006 01:46

Yes, Folsom Field was packed both days. I drove from Chicago and was at both shows and thought the band was in very good form. One of the best versions of LIB I have ever heard. Opening show had one of the best field surges I was ever in. A friend and I grabbed and carried 2 people who would have likely been trampled. Ah for the good old days.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 11, 2006 05:06

Boulder, Colorado October 4, 1981, just posted @ Rocks Off, d/l'ing even as we speak

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 11, 2006 05:20

letitbleed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wasn't there but where was the show? I don't
> think they've ever played Red Rocks. Have they?

Nope

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: January 11, 2006 05:25

What a great place for a show...the weather was great and those mountains! Seeing them for the first time was a thrill...I'll never forget it!

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 11, 2006 05:34

Sounds as if it was a good one, looking forward to listening to this, @ the rate I'm going it'll take 11-12 hours to get this, I'll have to be patient

Posted by: Messhead ()
Date: January 16, 2006 05:42

Downloaded the Boulder show at Rocks Off, very nice sound. During my first listen, I found it interesting that Mick refers to both Boulder and Denver at different points in talking to the crowd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home