Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's Long intros from '89
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 4, 2006 19:00

Would anybody else besides me enjoy hearing long guitar intros to “Honky Tonk Women” and “Paint it Black” like the ones played by Keith on the Steel Wheels tour? I thought they sounded nice and injected a sense of building drama as the audience got excited about what was coming.

Re: Keith's Long intros from '89
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 4, 2006 19:17

i agree 100%..it would really help with paint it black...sounded great in 89...bring it back!

Re: Keith's Long intros from 89/90
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 4, 2006 19:33

the 89/90 PIB is beautiful every which way.
the long intro to HTW ... okay, i admit my first impression was that Keith was prolonging it just to annoy a certain Twin of his. :E
(i did finally figure out that it was related to giving those inflatables time to inflate.)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: January 4, 2006 19:42

The long intos on HTW were the best...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 4, 2006 20:04

While on the subject on intros, have they ever done the "studio" begininning to Jumping Jack Flash? Wonder why they have dropped that.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 4, 2006 20:17

bill won't let them play his his riff!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 4, 2006 20:25

well, All in all--the Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle Tour was their greatest
saw them 1973 and 78!!--

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 4, 2006 20:28

'89 was opera all over! the best version of HTW is of course the 1975-76 version. Grrreat!Smnoot like a tiger and cool singning by the twins. Last good version really.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 4, 2006 20:40

Never forget : Gimme Shelter. Keith's greatest achievement in terms of intense/dramatical intro. I still wonders, 36 years after, how and where he did find those bloody reverbarating notes. Dunno any other example of this kind in rock history. Present in my memory is the souvenir of taking the LP out of the cover sleeve, putting it on the gramophon ( be kind on my english) and " LOUD" as written, and then those notes .....Intense moment for a person of 14.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 4, 2006 21:13

>> have they ever done the "studio" begininning to Jumping Jack Flash? Wonder why they have dropped that <<

i believe they did do it that way in concert once or twice, but i don't remember the details of when/where, sorry.
one theory i've heard about why they don't use that intro to JJF in concert
(apart from the fact that on stage they're using different instruments, playing in a different key etc)
is that it's so similar to the intro to Street Fighting Man.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home