Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Superbowl Setlist Predictions
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 15, 2006 10:07

1) Happy
2) Sway
3) Lucky in Love
4) Emotional Rescue

Actually, I would prefer a nice 2 song set:

1) Midnight Rambler
2) Can't You Hear me Knocking

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: January 15, 2006 10:53

Remembering that the NFL considers the Superbowl a family show, it makes me seriously wonder if the Stones will have to choose their songs [or lyrics] carefully. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, which would seem like the obvious choice to be performed, may be too racy for the NFL. The "dead man come" line from Start Me UP is unlikely to be heard. Even the two words "black girl" from Brown Sugar would probably be too politically incorrect if the NFL o the network read the words in advance. "I laid a divorcee in New York City" is problematic too. Under My Thumb is politically incorrect.

So, unless they plan to sing songs like Dandelion and Wild Horses, they will probably do It's Only Rock and Roll (with clean lyrics), Jumping Jack Flash, and one other warhorse [maybe take a chance with Brown Sugar].

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 15, 2006 11:32

They will just play songs from 1971 onwards.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: January 15, 2006 12:08

too tough: Do you think the Stones are going to perform to the zillion people who watch the Superbowl and not do their best known songs? It will take a lot of nerve and not be well received if they do a song off A Bigger Bang.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: salar ()
Date: January 15, 2006 17:29

RJ as opener followed by a 12 minute version of Rambler....than leaving the stage.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home