Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NYC jan 20th- Good hotel close to msg?
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: January 3, 2006 22:07

does anyone know a good reasonabily priced hotel close to the garden, i am going to see the show on the 20th

Re: NYC jan 20th- Good hotel close to msg?
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: January 3, 2006 23:36

Hotel Pennsylvania directly across from the Garden has bed bugs..

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: January 4, 2006 00:49

Yes. Avoid the Pennsylvania but the New Yorker isn't too bad and I hear it's pretty cheap.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 4, 2006 01:27

There's a great Holiday Inn maybe 4 streets down from the Garden and when I stayed there in 2003 for their 2 January shows I paid about $125 per night and it was really comfy and close. Breakfast was included.

Posted by: Tully ()
Date: January 4, 2006 01:42

I stayed at the Hotel Penn for the September show and hads no problems, just be sure to ask for a renovated room. My room was great and clean...no bed bugs!

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 4, 2006 08:35

MSG is in a miserable part of Manhattan... Why don't you get a room in the Village (or even in Chelsea) and then just take a cab up to MSG... who wants to hang around 8th and 9th avenue in the 30's for any reason other than to see a show and get out of there.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 4, 2006 11:54

Ramada New Yorker on 8th Ave is great and only 135 dollars. Hotel Pennsylvania is a lottery. I have killed a cockroach as big as my a finger there one time. And you spend half an hour there queuing for the reception every time there is a problem. It needs a renovation. But Ramada works fine. And if you use Ramada closer to the East Village it is only 110, but then you have to walk a bit.

Don't delay booking a hotel in NYC. The prices just go up and up as you get closer to the day you will arrive. It's painful to pay top price when you could have booed early. Probably the only city where Priceline does not make sense.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home