Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hotel Pratersternin Vienna..any information??
Posted by: sater ()
Date: December 31, 2005 21:17

Hi
i find this hotel..it's realy cheap..single room cost 29 euro including breakfast..and they have free rooms beetwen 17-20 06 2006..this hotel is 15 min from Ernst happel stadium...What you think??maybe you know cheapest hotels in Vienna??Or Brno hotels..??

Re: Hotel Pratersternin Vienna..any information??
Date: December 31, 2005 22:04

you'll have to fight your way thru about 200 prostitutes after the show - just in case you care ;-)

but 29 EUR is really cheap !

silk

Date: December 31, 2005 22:19

smiling smiley you think so??

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 31, 2005 22:57

I don't know the hotel, but at that price you would normally be talking about a one star hotel, best case two stars, with shared facilities. It is hard to find good hotel rooms below 40 Euro in big cities, even at two stars. There must be a reason why it is cheap.

Bjornulf

Date: December 31, 2005 23:04

it's one star hotel..but you know it's only 29 euro..it's good price and what want more..??Bed..beer and stones gig..smiling smiley

Date: December 31, 2005 23:23

It's just that when you pay a low price for a hotel room then often there are some others in the room already. Guys with more than four legs that is. I've seen them a few times.

Bjornulf

Date: December 31, 2005 23:42

so BV maybe you know cheap hotel in vienna??and what about brno??will you be in brno??

Date: January 1, 2006 00:32

sater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you think so??

I'm not sure but I think this hotel is actually in use by the whores around the place. I'm not kidding - if you don't care to learn something about the sound of sexual experience in Vienna grab a room - it's cheap and if that is important I would take it. You don't have to be worried to find yourself in the middle of a fight - it's just women, women, women - and screams and moans all over I bet ;-)

silk

Date: January 1, 2006 00:46

silkcut1978 aka smith Wrote:
> sater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > you think so??
>
>
> I'm not sure but I think this hotel is actually in
> use by the whores around the place. I'm not
> kidding - if you don't care to learn something
> about the sound of sexual experience in Vienna
> grab a room - it's cheap and if that is important
> I would take it. You don't have to be worried to
> find yourself in the middle of a fight - it's just
> women, women, women - and screams and moans all
> over I bet ;-)
>
> silk

you are from vienna???

Date: January 2, 2006 08:01

sater Wrote:
>
> you are from vienna???

more or less - nowadays I live outside of town in a small village near to Vienna.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: January 2, 2006 11:49

BRNO Hotel:

There is a Holiday Inn Hotel on the festival site (exhibition center). No rooms available from 15 to 16. But from 16 to 17. Expensive. About EUR 100.00 best available rate.

[node0.bvv.cz]

Direct link:
[www.hibrno.cz]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 4, 2006 00:44

I just used all of my starwood points and reserved the Imperial hotel.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 4, 2006 00:46

I am a little worried that this show might get canceled. It seems that tickets are still available in all price ranges.

Date: January 4, 2006 10:04

The Stones never cancel shows due to poor ticket sales. Never.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: January 4, 2006 11:16

Hi BV!

Wasn't in 98 all French shows reduced to just one Paris show due to poor sales as there was Soccer world-cup in French around the same time? Perhaps I am wrong...

cu
Stoneswolf

Date: January 4, 2006 11:37

bv Wrote:
> The Stones never cancel shows due to poor ticket
> sales. Never.
>
> Bjornulf

Perhaps I'm wrong too - but wasn't the Dublin 1995-show cancelled because of poor sales? I think I read something many years ago - but anyway, I might be wrong.

silk

Date: January 4, 2006 11:46

I have been following the Stones as long as I can remember. They never cancel shows, unless they can not perform. Due to Ice storms in Montreal. Mick's voice problem several times. Keith's rib incident one time. Lisa may be ill and they don't do Gimme Shelter or Night Time. Bobby may be sick and they don't do Can't You Hear Me Knocking. But they never ever cancel shows due to ticket sales.

One time in Istanbul they totally miscalculated the sales. They had to change the venue from Besiktas stadium into Ali Sami Yen i.e. capacity 60,000 down to capacity 20,000 and still it was only half full but they NEVER cancel shows because of ticket sales. I am sure. They leave that to not so serious artists. Even the broadcasted Bremen show I think they let in a lot of people for free because for some reason it was sold poorly.

The way they avoid loss with poor sales is to sell one show first then add another and look as the markets move. Then they can adjust. And if Ernst Happel Stadium is really selling poor then they simply bring in the biggest act in Austria or bay be two and make it a more popular show. Like they did with AC/DC in Germany 2003 and with Metallica San Francisco 2005. But they NEVER cancel shows due to bad ticket sales.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: January 4, 2006 11:56

well, looking into your 98 archives brings the following

June 5: Paris 2nd show on July 26 cancelled
The 2nd Stones show in Paris on July 26th has been cancelled. So there won't be three shows in a row anyway that week-end (Paris 25th, Gelsenkirchen 27th). Unconfirmed info say the reason is poor ticket sales. Re-scheduling the Gelsenkirchen show is another good reason for the cancellation. So France lost two out of four Stones shows this summer, with Paris-2 and Lyon both bein cancelled. Too bad!

June 5: Barcelona new date; Gijon cancelled
The Stones show in Barcelona, Spain has been re-scheduled to July 20. The postponed show in Gijon Spain has been cancelled, due to poor ticket sales (only about 11,000 tickets sold).

Posted by: StonesLicks2002 ()
Date: January 4, 2006 11:57

Well, maybe I'm wrong, but I bought my ticket for the show in Gijon (Spain) 1998 Bridges to Babylon Tour. Here in Spain, newspapers said the show was cancel due the poor ticket sales. They sold 5.000 tickets for a 45.000 stadium capacity.
In the same tour, they cancel the show at Bilbao, but it was because Mick was ill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home