Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Missing Shows from 2005
Posted by: campino001 ()
Date: December 28, 2005 03:19

Hallo

Have anyone Information about the Shows.
Excist a recording to the shows ???

I search this Shows

2005-09-06 St' Paul
2005-10-15 Atlanta
2005-10-19 Tampa
2005-10-21 Charlotte
2005-10-28 Calgary
2005-10-30 Seattle
2005-11-01 Portland
2005-11-18 Las Vegas
2005-11-22 Salt Lake City
2005-11-24 Denver
2005-11-27 Glendale
2005-12-03 Memphis

If anyone have a Shows can you make a torrent for us
We are a good stonesfamily

I want to say sorry for my bad Englich but I hope you understand me

Have all a dood year 2006

Yours
Sebastian

Re: Missing Shows from 2005
Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: December 29, 2005 08:40

I have Memphis, good audience recording, but Drake is working on a better version I believe.

Date: December 29, 2005 10:56

JoeHill - I think plenty of people would be very glad to hear your good audience recording of Memphis - why don't you give it a try and seed it on Dime or RO ?

As drake was so upset with SM's release of his other recording from this tour I doubt that he will ever seed it. But if he decides to do so it's no problem for me (and others too, I bet!) to own two different sources.

Please think about it, thanks!
Cheers, silkcut1978

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: December 29, 2005 11:02

JoeHill, if you want to trade your Memphis with St. Paul or Glendale, pls send me an email privately to:
silvertrain@telefonica.net

Date: December 29, 2005 12:07

so far 441 people have snatched my (and drno's !) San Francisco torrent (with 61 leeches waiting to get complete) and as far as the feedback goes many people are pleased with it.

why don't you people give it a try and do the same with St.Paul. Memphis, Charlotte and whatever? This remains a mystery to me...

don't get me wrong, if I might have studio-stuff which I would never seed because I paid hell of a money for it or I am simply not allowed by the sender I would do the same and would not seed it - but we're talking about live-stuff here which we sooner or later get anyhow. so why make others waiting...

just my 2 cents, don't want to bother anybody!
silkcut1978

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-29 12:33 by silkcut1978 aka smith.

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: December 29, 2005 12:27

silkcut1978 aka smith,
So why we all must know that you have studio stuff and don't want to share???

Date: December 29, 2005 12:31

simply forget it ;-)

I'll try to do the same with silvertrain's St.Paul and JoeHill's Memphis...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 29, 2005 12:45

sumi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> silkcut1978 aka smith,
> So why we all must know that you have studio stuff
> and don't want to share???

Read his post. In some cases, theres a good reason for not doing so. Respecting the wishes of the person who gave it to you and who doesnt want it distributed to just anyone is one. Circulating something for which you've paid maybe thousands of pounds to acquire is another. Perfectly logical.

Hoarding an audience tape of a show thats probably been recorded by other people anyway and which will freely circulate in some form sooner or later isnt.

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: December 29, 2005 13:39

ok Gazza,
you are right, everyone have choice EVEN that people who recorded that shows, I mean on 2005 stones shows.They have right to decide what to do.You are not in right when you say that shows will circulate sooner or later.It is big chance that some show was recorded, but quality??How do you feel if you know that i have in pocket better recording than one which is circulating?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 29, 2005 13:48

personally, I dont really care. Its nice to get the best recording available but the difference is rarely THAT significant to make it worth while hunting down numerous versions..

I agree with you that everyone has the right to choose not to circulate a show theyve recorded (or in my case 'discovered' -as I've unearthed a few uncirculated shows down the years and distributed them freely only for someone to make a bootleg of them) . My point being that theres less point in hoarding a recording youve made for a current show attended by 20 or 50,000 people (and which has probably been recorded by someone else too) than a 'lost' show from decades ago thats never circulated in any form, or some rare studio recording.

and the shows DO generally circulate in some form sooner or later. The number of public shows in North America and Europe in the last 30 years that havent eventually circulated are minimal. probably no more than about ten from either region. It's the more 'out of the way' shows that are harder to track down, such as Singapore 2003, Buenos Aires 98 (4 shows), Estonia 1998 etc

Date: December 29, 2005 14:10

Thanks Gazza, your English is so much better than mine...still I wonder why..;-)

and sumi, yes, you are right - everyone who tapes a show is free to decide to share or not. my point was simply - I can't understand. As Gazza pointed out in the end we get every single show except for a few "exotic" ones so there is no reason at all in hoarding it.

I have 5 versions now of Vienna 2003 and if I would care I could probably find some more but who really cares - I don't. I would be happy enough with one version as long as it's not really bad-sounding.

And in the end I find it strange if some people download a few hundred GB of gigs and then decides to hoard their own stuff. Again, up the tapers but as I said - I can't understand it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-29 14:12 by silkcut1978 aka smith.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 29, 2005 20:30

St Paul isn't missing - I saw it on a trade list but you have to be able to make DAT clones to get it.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: December 29, 2005 20:41

campino001 Wrote:
>
> Have all a dood year 2006
>

The Dutch MIGHT be offended..............

Posted by: DirtyWorks ()
Date: December 29, 2005 20:49

St Paul has been done by Pignose on "Some Mournful Melody"

Date: December 30, 2005 05:32

I'll go ahead & post on Dimeadozen - may take a day to two to figure out. I current have it in *.wav foramt & need to convert to flac. I do not mind anyone else reposting on RO or anywhere else - or playing around with it to improve sound quality. Its the Rolling Stones music. I was just the dude with the recorder.

Recording sounds good to me. Some audience chatter here and there. Not as high tech as a Drake or Houston - but not bad either.

Date: December 30, 2005 05:59

Posted by: drake ()
Date: December 30, 2005 09:46

> As drake was so upset with SM's release of his other recording from this tour I
> doubt that he will ever seed it. But if he decides to do so it's no problem for
> me (and others too, I bet!) to own two different sources.

A few points...

First off, I have never said I wouldnt seed my recording. Unlike most tapers I dont put out my raw recording, I mix and master it, then seed it.

Secondly, I was rightly upset to see SM lift my recording off the net, mix it again, and then SELL it. Obviously I hate the idea of someone making money off my recording but I also hate the fact that its remixed. The mix I put out was decent and by 'remixing' a recording that has already been mixed it only overmixes the recording. Essentially its like compressing a song into mp3, then compressing the mp3 into another mp3. It just diminishes the quality, and I put out releases in flac, not mp3.

Third point... Sister Morphine contacted me back after a few emails (and because several people on this site sent emails as well). They offered me whatever I wanted out of their catalogue as 'payment' for the recording, and they have changed the artwork to give me credit on the second pressing. So my score has been settled essentially.

Forth point... When did I ever say that I would never seed the recording? NEVER! Ha! Like I said, I never release anything in raw format. I would much rather put out a recording a few months down the road when I have time to give it the proper attention it deserves. Nashville 02 sounds amazing for an audience recording and I released it this year when I had time set aside to work on it and when fellow fans would actually notice it. If you'll remember, the Licks tour had tons of boots out there, so I didnt want Nashville to get lost in cyberspace.

JoeHill's recording is a good recording for being done on a tape recorder. He shared a wav file of it with me and it sounds prettymuch the same as the sample posted above. The only problem with it is that unfortunately the cassette runs slightly faster than the Stones actually performed the songs. We're talking microseconds, but its noticeable enough that I couldnt sync up the two sources. Originally I was gonna see if I could mix his recording and put it mono dead center to give some warmth to my recording but the speed issue makes it impossible.

Anyways, I will seed my recording soon. I've been working on it over the week and its nearly done. I'm almost done with the tedious task of removing loud claps, a few yells, etc. I wont boast anymore about it, but I can say with great confidence that it will be crystal clear sound. Columbus may have had the better setlist, but this one has the best sound of any recording I've heard this tour.

take care
Drake

Date: December 30, 2005 11:43

Drake -

You the man! I agree put the time & effort into your recording. I won't post my source; since, yours is better. You going to Altanta in Feb. 2006? I'm thinking about it. I'm doing o.k. financially & could upgrade equiment into the digital age & with better mics. Sit in different areas at Atlanta to get the best mix?

Just ideas..

Date: December 31, 2005 11:15

I'm game for a roadtrip to any of the upcoming shows. Basically any of them within an 6/8 hour drive from Louisville, KY. I dont have tickets to any of them yet though, but I'm thinking strongly about it. I have some cash to spend but probably not enough for a hotel as well. We'll see.

btw, I'm nearly done with my recording. a few more edits, some mastering and i'll put it up this weekend... a new years gift to everyone...

Drake

Date: December 31, 2005 11:31

JoeHill - maybe you're interested in a trade? I would love to hear your entire recording one day.

Thanks for your answer drake - I'm glad to hear that you will seed your Memphis finally.

Now I'm walkin' on thin ice but you wrote:

"...but I also hate the fact that its remixed. The mix I put out was decent and by 'remixing' a recording that has already been mixed it only overmixes the recording".

That was exactly what I felt when I first heard YOUR final product - it's sounding like there's too much of everything and as if every single tone has been compressed to the maximum. Maybe I'm dreamin' but I would love to hear your raw recording one day...

I'm curious how long it may take now before the first one tells me to "f**k off the island" ;-)

silk

Posted by: campino001 ()
Date: December 31, 2005 18:29

Hallo

If I read your reactions correctly, there is thus Tapes of St ' Paul, Memphis and Glendale.
You would be so nice and these shows as Torrent for and other online would place.

I wish a good Stones rich year 2006 to all

Sebastian

This text was translated with Alta Vista of Germans into the Englich

Posted by: 123454321 ()
Date: December 31, 2005 18:35

campino001 Wrote:
> Hallo
>
> If I read your reactions correctly, there is thus
> Tapes of St ' Paul, Memphis and Glendale.
> You would be so nice and these shows as Torrent
> for and other online would place.
>
> I wish a good Stones rich year 2006 to all
>
> Sebastian
>
> This text was translated with Alta Vista of
> Germans into the Englich

Well,

it`s New Years Eve and the translation program seems a little bit drunk :-))

The program???? ;-)

Happy New Year!!!!

Date: January 1, 2006 02:35

silk, as far as columbus goes the raw recording is very muddy, no clarity, too much mids and lows. i did the best i could with it and brought out the clarity. you'd think the recording was crap from the raw disc. when i released it i only had one mixing session and then put it out, no editing conversations out or loud thuds/claps, so essentially thats the whole thing on a rough mix. i HAVE gone back and remixed it but i'm not anxious to release it right now. instead i'd rather finish off memphis completely and put it out for everyone to enjoy.

something to note, my memphis recording was done on the same gear as columbus. you'll notice the sound difference not because of my mixing but because of the PA mix and my position in the arena. memphis is nothing short of perfect on sound. the only thing i would have changed wouldve been the PA mix, which I have no control over.

take care
Drake

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 1, 2006 02:44

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-10 00:26 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 2, 2006 07:55

I was extremely impressed with the sound/acoustics at Memphis - very nice job in this venue!! One of the best sounding concerts I've attended.

I've seen them on every tour since 1981. 1st show in Philly of tour - what a wild party!!! - things were very loose & wild at JFK. We (juniors in high school) partied forever & continued inside the stadium with a water mellon full of everclear.

Silkcut - let Drake have his out for a while & I then will eventually put up on dimeadozen & noted as a secondary source (& inferior in my opinion) but again not bad - Memphis FedEx Forum had great sound. No need to trade - your upload efforts on posting at dimeadozen are much appreciated!!!!!

Date: January 2, 2006 09:27

Thanks drake, thanks JoeHill -

I'm glad to know that both of you care to share their recordings and I'm really looking forward to hear the one and/or the other !

Cheers guys !

silkcut1978

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 3, 2006 04:25

I have never been much for mixing, I just plug my DAT into a standalone, adjust the levels and let her go. But I downloaded a Sound Forge demo version on my moms computer and played around with my Anaheim recording. It wasnt really a taper trip since I never intended to spend more than $20 on a ticket. Played around a bit with disc 2. Disc 1 will be the tricky part. Gotta reduce the bass a bit if I can and also since I mostly partied back and forth all across the upper deck, not all of it can be released so I will have to patch in parts from my friends recording. Something is wrong with my soundcard at home but I am going to see if I can fix it and work on it some more. Not going to be as good as Fresno though, and likely not as good as whats already out there but just doing it to have some fun and get some practice so I can start using a computer to mix and transfer etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home