Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: All this mp3 filesharing gets on my nerves
Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: December 27, 2005 14:43

We don't have a fast dial up service so downloading these tunes take hours sometimes. My wife just rolls her eyes and smiles as I tie the phone line up all day but she knows i'm a happy man!

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: December 27, 2005 15:31

ChelseaDrugstore apparantly read the initial post more thoroughly than I did at first. I do think I understand he point Too Tough is trying to make now.

I'm always eager to read other peoples opinions on the band, the members, the performances, the songs or anything remotely related to the Stones. The fact that someones collection is incomplete or lacks some of the more obligatory material does not disqualify he person from having an opinion. All the more reaseon to share and help eachother.

To me every new track is a presious gift and I'm very thankfull to whomever is willing to share.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 27, 2005 18:26

Hey, if you download OLD official stuff, are you ripping off the Stones, or are you ripping off Allen Klein, who most agree ripped off the Stones in historic proportions?

Just a thought.

I've paid to legally download 7 or 8 Stones tunes this year, and downloaded some unofficial studio and concert stuff for free.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: December 27, 2005 18:59

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
In ther words a
> certain base knowledge and experience is required
> and assumed. So when one sees so many "fans"
> asking to hear for the first time a track that is
> considered basic listening it makes one wonder.

No, I got what TT said. And so did gaigai and todd40fla and some others who made good points initially.

I still don't get it. Do you people WANT the Stones to have new (and initially clueless) fans or do you want only the one group of hardcore fans with the required base knowledge and experience until it dies out?

I mean who CARES if one doesn't know *everything* about the Stones for a while (things you may consider 'basic')? I got into the Stones 3 years ago, and have done my best to get acquainted with anything and everything that pertains to them, but I'm still quite aware that some people will always have a 40-year head start, and there will always be things I'm "clueless" about. Sheesh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-27 19:00 by Some Girl.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: December 27, 2005 21:58

Too Tough,

I did what you suggest: I bought in spain the original lp of jamming with edward 5 years ago (50 euros), the original single of run rudolph run (40 euros), the original tin of talk is cheap (50 euros) and two other versions of talk is cheap and some singles and ep (more or less 60 euros), it's only rnr single, some singles and eps with rare b-sides, all the faces original LP, singles, Nicky Hopkins and MacLagan lps... and many other "original" issues... ¿Are all this things easy to find?, ¿sure?. In Spain, except in some cities (e.g., Madrid) it's almots impossible to find this and boots are ilegal. ¿Are they still avaible for young fans?, ¿what should they do, go to concerts (here is where the stones really get the money) or pay for cds (here they don't get so much money)?. As a fan, the stones should prefer this way of sharing, because if you like something, you continue to be a fan. I you don't share, and you must pay so much for anything, their concerts would be full of elders.

As you say, period.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 27, 2005 23:56

Bootleg business ,on the loose now,wich is good, remember your band is a bunch of pirates''to tough''I spend all my money,and I dont care,so real happy to share!Lets drink to the mp file sharing people!!!Wild.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: December 28, 2005 00:17

What you meant to do when something is deleted.

Or

You already bought it paid your dues and some $%^&* stole it.

I have never actually got in to file sharing in a big way but if others want to thats their buisness.

There are bootleg recordings of particular shows out there that are nice to have esp if you were in the audience.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home