Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jumping Jack Flash!!MSG&$74!!!Leon russel.
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 24, 2005 13:01

My mother had that Bangla desh,album back in 1975 Itold my friends ,that it was the Stones,Leon did a good cover,mind you.Annd god bless george Harrison.

Re: Jumping Jack Flash!!MSG&$74!!!Leon russel.
Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 24, 2005 13:07

On the CD, I appreciate particularly, the Dylan songs. Alone with his guitar and harmonica.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 24, 2005 13:28

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-24 22:52 by Erik_Snow.

Date: December 24, 2005 13:29

I will love this ''album'''forever!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 24, 2005 15:18

I was 12 when this came out and I heard Leon Russel's JJF on the radio. It blew my mind - I'd never heard the song before! (I first heard the Stones in the summer of 69, Honky Tonk Women and by 71 had Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers and knew nothing else by them at all.) I got the Bangla Desh album on the strength of this song - a massive investment requiring about two months pocket money as it was a triple album - and then I saw that JJF was a Jagger/Richards composition. I wasn't particularly surprised and I decided there and then that it was the geatest rock-n-roll song ever written.

After that I saved up some more pocket money and got Get Yer Ya Yas Out!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 24, 2005 18:46

hehe
hehehe
Leon Russel always kix ass...
hehehehehe

Date: December 24, 2005 19:26

Rebel,I understand,I was 12 also an to me this wasthebegining of a live long Stones adictioning,Leon sounded like Jagger,Right!Icould fool my friends.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: December 24, 2005 21:02

i seen harry's on tour in 74 about 2 weeks bfore Xmas ,so every year @ this time I play the Bangladesh dvd & Dark Horse album ,its a ritual ,hey Erik Snow i had the boot 4 many yrs. & got the new dvd & i like the sound on the boot better where the guitars R up in the mix ,although the new dvd has better camera shots of Big BOB

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 24, 2005 21:12

Has the new Bangla Desh cd/dvd been remixed?
I'm very frustrated Yoko has overseen the Lennon solo reissues which are no longer in print in their original mixes - in fact the NYC double album has tracks from the jam album DELETED and others on the studio disc shortened. Yeah, much of the rest sounds better than the crappy 1990 CD but what the hell wouldn't? (Her own solo albums sound cool on CD tho, ditto the early JL/YO collabs pre Beatles breakup)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home