Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

another gig in holland ???
Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: December 21, 2005 21:07

what do you think will they play the week before the arena in holland
groningen arnhem or rotterdam ?????

Re: another gig in holland ???
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: December 21, 2005 21:39

I don't think they do any further concerts than what announced so far.
They have a week break after about 12-14 shows. It fits correctly as it did during the US Tour. So don't expect any further shows, especially as long as the German shows are not sold out and other dates have so far tickets not released.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 21, 2005 21:39

If there is enough of a demand they wil do one or 2 more but I doubt that all 3 would happen.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 22, 2005 10:19

If my count is right :

- Licks Tour : From June to August 2003 : 32 Gigs
- ABB confirmed : From June to August 2006 : 35 Gigs

- Licks Tour : September 2003 : 14 Gigs

Now, they are older and will perform in SAmerica . That is why I am more and more convinced the plan will stay like this to the exception of additional shows in selected countries. Bet on Italy, Spain or Nothern Europe

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 22, 2005 11:52

Probably.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 22, 2005 12:03

Should I call Jan Smeets? Landgraaf would be better for me. But that's not going to happen.
By the way: do you think Mojo is worried a bit now not making profits out of the Stones gigs?
Do you think contracting the stones for one gig (eg landgraaf) is a profitable thing?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 22, 2005 12:19

I think the Stones can play any field in The Netherlands that takes 75,000 people and make a nice profit for the organizers, because the Dutch people want a cheaper ticket outdoor and they don't want to travel much. And it could be in the south or north or both - they don't overlap much. But it all depends if the organizers have balls. Some of them don't have any economical power so they back out. And then the Stones use the dates for other places. The trucks are in Amsterdam, and they can get anywhere in that area of Europe within 4-8 hours trucking, so it's more up to the organizers than to the Stones really.

Landgraaf took 70,000 people in 1995 but only 45,000 in 1999 som may be people there don't go to shows anymore. Groningen was 75,000 in 1999 but that was first time only in the North so may be they are happy for still 5 years. Nijmegen took 2 x 60,000 = 120,000 people in 1995 but I don't know if that site is in use anymore. And Hague 1998 was 85,000 people. I am sure they can find a big place to please the Dutch fans with cheap tickets but the question is as i said if the organizers have balls or if they are simply too greedy. Then they will loose the bid and the Stones take their trucks elsewere. Also, remember the Stones want to play new places. That is why I think places like Arnhem have a chance, except it is small, so it does not make sense for a cheap ticket...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: December 22, 2005 12:35

Yeah, it's that simple really. The organizers are way too greedy and don't have the balls.
I mean, Mick and Keith would only play free concerts if it wasn't for these organizers who always try to make big money.

Posted by: mr mojorisin ()
Date: December 22, 2005 12:40

The Nijmegen site is still in use. Not often but a couple of times almost every year.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 22, 2005 12:43

With the Stones you just never know. After the first Amsterdam show sold slow, I did not expect them to anounce a second show. But they did. The second show has hardly sold any tickets at all yet, so again, I don't expect another show soon. But, if I was Cohl, I would plan two or three concerts at the Arnhem Gelredome. In my opinion, people would be interested to see the Stones in this 30.000 stadium, and would even pay the high ticket prices. I do not pay 120 euro for Amsterdam Arena, but I would pay that amount for Ahoy in Rotterdam or Gelredome in Arnhem.

As for Landgraaf and Groningen: there seems to be a tendency in Holland that big concerts aren't very fashionable anymore. Most of the big acts play Gelredome instead of Arena, and festivals like Pinkpop see less and less spectators. The Dutch seem to be more and more into smaller scale, with better quality for the high ticket price.

Mathijs

Date: December 22, 2005 12:43

I think the organisor in Landgraaf complained in 1999. I think he lost money on that gig. One of the reasons was the announcement of the gig in Köln just a few days after Landgraaf. So the germans didn't come to holland.

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: December 22, 2005 12:46

Cheaper tickets won't happen, at least not as long as Amsterdam-2 isn't sold out.

To announce a third would mean competition for Amsterdam. And even if Amsterdam-2 is sold out, ticketprices won't be a lot cheaper. Probably around 90 euro. Still too expensive for a lot of Dutch.

IF the Stones would add another show in Holland, best thing is to put it somewhere in aug/sept, like the The Hague show.

Date: December 22, 2005 12:49

Rank Outsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, it's that simple really. The organizers are
> way too greedy and don't have the balls.
> I mean, Mick and Keith would only play free
> concerts if it wasn't for these organizers who
> always try to make big money.

I don't think there is much margin left for greed.

Date: December 22, 2005 15:52

Maybe Landgraaf isn't such a bad idea (between july 23rd - 30th): first concert in Holland, NOT in the Arena, three markets. One condition: FOS tickets 80€, others 70€.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home