Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABB songs live played so far?
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 17, 2005 19:57

Just curious what we might expect here in Europe.
How many songs from ABB have they played in the US?

Re: ABB songs live played so far?
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 17, 2005 20:05

6 tracks so far,

Rough Justice
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Oh No, Not You Again
Infamy

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 17, 2005 20:05

Rough Justice
Oh No Not You Again
Infamy
Won't Be Long
Back Of My Hand
Rain Fall Down

Usually 4 per show, dropped to 3 at some.

Date: December 17, 2005 20:12

Should do all 6 don't you think? Could live without YCAGWYW for example!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 17, 2005 20:22

Yes I'd like to hear 5 or 6 ABB tracks, add a less known song or 2 (Black Limousine, Hip Shake, etc), & rotate some of the classics/horses in the 15-20 slots. Also would like to hear Out of Control back in the set - breaks up the '65-74-era material that dominates that last segment w/ a strong late period piece...

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: December 17, 2005 20:32

I think 5 songs off A Bigger Bang would be about right.

Get rid of the cover song in the middle & YCAGWYW.

Out of Control should be a permanent fixture in the set & I'd like to see Laugh,I nearly died added.

Date: December 17, 2005 20:32

I've read that they feel they have to do the Warhorses especially with the ticket prices as they are. Nevertheless maybe they should do a few more from their new album - I think everyone would accept that. I saw Neil Young in London I think 2 years ago and he insisted on doing what was almost the whole of "Greendale". I don't think it was even released at the time! Truly one extreme to another - I'm not saying they should go so far as to play the whole of ABB but 6 songs would be great! As we've all been saying it's their best work for years.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: December 17, 2005 20:47

Infamy ... they should toast this number, put a fork in it and FORGET IT. Awful live song.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: December 17, 2005 22:00

The more from Bigger Bang, the better, great tracks all over the album.
Laugh would be incredible.
But don't agree with YCAGWYW, it must stay, great singalong, people love it. (Really, not all the people at the concert are hardcore fans who have heard this song too many times. Something tells me it's a minority, in factsmiling smiley For the others, it's one of the highlights. You gotta cope with it. Love this song.)

Date: December 17, 2005 22:05

Rough Justice is a fair song, but not really part of a "first class" stones setlist.

The only ABB songs that really belong in a "retrospective" setlist are It Won't Take Long (a definite keeper) and possibly Oh No Not You Again.

They only really need ONE ABB track in a retrospective setlist and no question, that's IWTL.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: December 17, 2005 22:11

I think they should play Driving Too Fast and Laugh I nearly Died.....2 of my fave songs off the album

NickB

Date: December 17, 2005 22:15

NickB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they should play Driving Too Fast and
> Laugh I nearly Died.....2 of my fave songs off the
> album
>
> NickB

The potential problem with Laught I Nearly Died is that it might come off like Sister Morphine did on the B2B tour... just too ponderous. I really like LIND too, just not sure how it would be live.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: December 18, 2005 05:35

The Stones Wrote:
> 6 tracks so far,
>
> Rough Justice
> It Won't Take Long
> Rain Fall Down
> Back Of My Hand
> Oh No, Not You Again
> Infamy

When/where did they play It Won't Take Long???

Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: December 18, 2005 05:59

really want to hear Out of Control again - the Stones perform this well ... live.

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: December 18, 2005 07:25

It Won't Take Long was played for the first time live at the Nov. 8 Hollywood Bowl show. A local critic for the Los Angeles Times had been complaining that the sets were too safe and skimped on songs from the new album; at the second Bowl show, they performed Rain Fall Down and It Won't Take Long.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: December 18, 2005 08:28

Look What the Cat Dragged in would go over well.....good energy on that track.
I think the Winter US shows will hear more BB tracks.

They need to play a 23 song setlist and yes, knock out YCAGWYW and Satisfaction.

Play more BANG and throw in the oddball tune here and there.

I think the European audiences will get a better setlist and the shows will be top notch. The band paced themselves well during the US leg and I think they will be energized for Europe. LICKS had a pretty grinding pace and I think they were tired once they hit Europe. I don't see that happening this tour.

Milo, NYC
Simmer down

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: December 18, 2005 09:27

YCAGWYW is old and should definitely be dumped. Out of Control was fabulous in Ottawa and would be great as a fixture in the show. Infamy is ok but This House is Empty would be far better for Keith.
They need to add Silver Train to the set instead of Rocks Off/Bitch once in a while.
I expect the shows to now get a small makeover with two additions, then they will wait for Europe to introduce two more. That's about all the chances they ever take I'm afraid.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2005 09:39

Yeah give Ya Cant Always Get a rest..plus it's become an audience sing along song. If ya pay the big cookies to see The Stones ya should be able to hear Mick sing the friggin' song and not the audience...bring back the grit and tension.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: December 18, 2005 15:29

Sorry, you've lost the ability to understand what most people in the audience want. Knocking out YCAGWYW or Satisfaction is a nonsense. Fortunatelly, the Stones know it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "casual fan" (what would I be doing on this site then). Hearing Mick singing the "frigging songs" is one thing, hearing a huge stadium singing along is another beautiful experience.
Have some empathy for people who are not Stones fanatics and don't dream about tens of less known songs being played live. They don't give a damn that warhorses are "old", they might as well hear them live for the first time in their life. Hope you get it. I'm talking about the majority of people in the audience (not in a club show of course, but otherwise yes). There is world outside the stones world, imagine, and have some sympathy. Otherwise you'll never be satisfied.
Actually, "I can't get no satisfaction" should be the anthem of some of you, lolsmiling smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 18, 2005 18:35

Mick said that they would increase the number of A Bigger Bang tracks played live as the tour would go on, and added that the crowd in Europe should expect them to play a lot of it when the tour is hitting Europe. I agree that It Won't Take Long should be permanently in the setlist, just as Out Of Control. I also expect "Streets Of Love" to be played at least here in Italy, where is pretty popular, due to its utilization in the Vodafone commercial.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: December 18, 2005 18:42

Pserchia Wrote:
> It Won't Take Long was played for the first time
> live at the Nov. 8 Hollywood Bowl show. A local
> critic for the Los Angeles Times had been
> complaining that the sets were too safe and
> skimped on songs from the new album; at the second
> Bowl show, they performed Rain Fall Down and It
> Won't Take Long.

Thanks for the info! Why in the world would they play it just once???

Is this show available as a boot???

Posted by: Goyasparanoias ()
Date: December 18, 2005 19:37

The new songs have all sounded very good. My only complaint is that I am burned out on Infamy after 12 forking times.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: December 18, 2005 19:53

YCAYGWY should definitively not be dropped. It's a great sing along! The audience loves it, and so do I. Moreover, they should play Life Is Life - they should give it a try, it will be a great sing along and people will love it! And so will I!

[oasis.fortunecity.com]

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: December 18, 2005 20:40

I like them to play all songs from ABB!! Especially Biggest Mistake and Laugh I Nearly Died... would love to hear Mick sing those great melodic tunes.
And then the rest of course!

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: December 18, 2005 21:27

NO WAY, 4 per show, cant live without YCAGWYW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home