Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Opening Acts Announced for Jan 06 - Mar 06
Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: December 16, 2005 19:13

The Rolling Stones have named the first batch of opening acts for their 2006 North American tour dates, and as usual, they are a mixed bag of veteran artists, up-and-coming groups and more obscure names.

Canadian female rock act Anik Jean will kick things off Jan. 10 at Montreal's Bell Centre, followed by fellow Canucks Sloan on Jan. 13-15 in Boston. A third Canadian group, Metric, will transcends its usual club environs for a Jan. 18 and 20 stand at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Female rockers Antigone Rising will open Jan. 23-25 in Chicago and Feb. 1 in Baltimore, while Soulive is on tap to support Jan. 27 in St. Louis. Country superstars Brooks & Dunn will take over Jan. 29 in Omaha, Neb., followed by Queens Of The Stone age on March 4 in Las Vegas and March 6 in Los Angeles.

Country legend Merle Haggard will perform March 9 in Little Rock, Ark., while the reunited New Orleans funk pioneers the Meters will drop by March 12 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

After the North American run, the Stones will begin an extensive European tour May 27 in Barcelona.

Re: Opening Acts Announced for Jan 06 - Mar 06
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 16, 2005 19:28

Queens Of The Stone Age? Cant say I am all that into them but I will make an effort to see them since I already have the tickets. Had to wait them out when they opened for NIN so the price could come down.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 16, 2005 19:50

Soulive is a great act. I can't see them in the context of a Stones show, but they are worth to be seen!

C

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 16, 2005 20:00

who the f is antigone rising? what kind of bullshit groups does chicago get! we got f-ed at soldier field, and now f-ed at the uc.

Posted by: electric-duane ()
Date: December 16, 2005 20:18

You know, getting f-cked by the chicks in Antigone Rising doesn't sound like a bad idea to be honest with ya'll - all five of them, all at once.

But at any rate they seem to be easy on the eyes (and not that bad on the ears either). I just wish they'd come to Europe and do some small headlining gigs - I'm think Batschkapp or maybe E-Werk. That'd be great.

They opened some shows for the Allman Bros. on their last tour and many of the Allman Bros. fans were pleasently surprised with the show the gals put on. And Allman Bros. fans can't be wrong as the Allman Bros. have produced some of the most electrifying music ever over the past 40 years.

I think Antigone Rising will do just fine - even if I'm not invited to the after-show orgy in their bus.

Eat a Peach!

Electro D.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 16, 2005 21:01

liddas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Soulive is a great act. I can't see them in the context of a Stones show, but they are worth to be seen!

They opened at Tower Theater in 2002. I saw them this Summer, pretty good band.

Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: December 16, 2005 23:54

they had some great opening acts during Licks... why the hell do eager fans who get to their seats early have to suffer through these openers?

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: December 17, 2005 02:40

mickboy33 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Canadian female rock act Anik Jean will kick
> things off Jan. 10 at Montreal's Bell Centre,
> followed by fellow Canucks Sloan on Jan. 13-15 in
> Boston. A third Canadian group, Metric, will
> transcends its usual club environs for a Jan. 18
> and 20 stand at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Sloan is a good band. Those should be good shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home