Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why the weaving is not there
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: December 11, 2005 06:27

The weaving guitar play btween Woods and Richards is the sound! Great examples are the Paradiso version of Gimmie Shelter, 81's Beast Of Burden and Midnight Rambler on FF's. But what I have noticed is that the weave is missing on alot of songs beacause Ronnie and Keiths guitars are sounding more and more different. Listen to GS from Paradiso. I know who is playing what only from watching the vid. It is Brillant. One guitar meshes into the other seamlessly. They both played gibsons that day. Simular is Rambler. However compare this to later versions of GS were Ronnie plays a Fender and Keith on the 335. The guitar lines are simular but it doesnt "weave". Also listen to many of the Warhorses now. Keith is on his Tele and Ron his Strat. His sound is far fatter than keiths.

IMO the Stones sound best when Ronnies sound is as close as possible to Keiths. This way the can finish each others ideas instead of contrasting.

Re: Why the weaving is not there
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: December 11, 2005 07:07

Usually you want the guitars to contrast each other regarding sound a bit. KR usually sounds sharp and slicing with the Tele's while RW, especially when using his Strat does sound fuller. Depends on the song.

Milo, NYC
All was spic and span

Posted by: drake ()
Date: December 11, 2005 07:23

Unfortunately the PA mix at shows doesnt allow this to be heard for the most part. Ronnie may not be at the absolute top of his game, but because of this the soundguys seem to throw him down pretty low in the mix, which disappoints me. He screws up one lick early on and the rest of the show he's at 50% the volume of Keith, and Keith screws up just as much as Ronnie IMHO. Its all about the mix. Like I've said time and time before, someone needs to find the mailing address for the sound tech staff and send them a copy of Handsome Girls from 78. The mixing on that is far better than ANYTHING ever released officially. The weave is still there.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 11, 2005 11:24

It's not the failure of the techs! First if at all you could send your HSG78 to Ronnie and your mail should go to Mick, that's it!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 11, 2005 11:53

Drake is on the money! I saw the boys on the No Security Tour at the Charlotte Coliseum, and the sound and mix sucked! And that is an indoor venue.The 4 songs on the B-Stage ripped. Whomever was mixing the sound had wax their ears.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 11, 2005 12:47

Mixing is terrible on the Stones' concerts. Mick and Keith are very loud, there's hardly any bass and you only hear Ronnie during his solo.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2005 19:02

you need two competent guitar players to make a "woven" end product...'nuff said.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 11, 2005 20:13

Stones Tod- How long have you been playing guitar?

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 11, 2005 20:14

Sound might be bad but it's not the descision of the techs to turn Ronnie in the mix down.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2005 20:22

Midnight Toker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stones Tod- How long have you been playing guitar?

25 years - what's that got to do with the price of eggs?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home