Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
fan-club dvd !!!!!
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: December 9, 2005 12:21

hard to believe, but today arrived the dvd in a nice silver box with the tongue.
so i got a member in , i think, june 2004.

robert from austria

p.s. it arrived from sweden,ultrastar entertainment, address: diamond drive !!! with our money, you know

Re: fan-club dvd !!!!!
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: December 9, 2005 12:39

Blimey. It exists!!!

Posted by: arnaud ()
Date: December 9, 2005 12:48

i got it too...(FRANCE) no subtitle...so bad...

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: December 9, 2005 12:56

so what's on it?

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 9, 2005 13:03

>so what's on it?

Lot's of interviews, Ronnie and Keef in the tuning room, Ronnie showing his guitars backstage (i.e. under the stage ;-), stuff from Bangladore and Hongkong,
Ronnie shopping in Bangladore, one track from Atlantic City 89. All Licks stuff and nothing the real fan doesn't have. Best so far The Nearness Of You from Circus Krone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 9, 2005 13:12

someone on some site was complaining that the PAL-to-NTSC conversion was badly done -
do you see anything like that wrong with it?

Date: December 9, 2005 13:22

I watched it on my computer and didn't recognize anything!

Date: December 9, 2005 13:25

smile: do you mean you didn't notice anything wrong, or you couldn't recognize anything at all? :E

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: December 9, 2005 13:45

The aspect ratio on then India segment is wrong and distorted.

Date: December 9, 2005 13:50

do you mean too much popcorn, with sssoul ;-)) ? I didn't notice anything because I was just skipping through it after the first disapointment (also because I got a damaged container, and rs.com doesn't answer my complain).

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 9, 2005 14:21

Can n e 1 burn me a copy for a reasonable price???

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 9, 2005 14:34

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> someone on some site was complaining that the
> PAL-to-NTSC conversion was badly done -
> do you see anything like that wrong with it?
I was the one complaining, yes it works on my PC and even in my DVD player, but it doesn't work properly on my TV-screen, it's an old one which doesn't support NTSC only PAL. Not going to buy a new TV just for a DVD, altough it's for the Stones might consider doing so!!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: December 9, 2005 14:40

I got it too yesterday! (Portugal)

No subtitles, but it has a great interview with CW talking about his drum set , cymbals.... just GREAT!

Re: fan-club dvd
Date: December 9, 2005 16:14

well i'll be darned: mine's arrived as well! dented tin and everything, but i'll hammer it back into shape.
(oh and Christiaan, yeah i read your complaint about your TV set, but i was referring above to Steven's complaint about the DVD itself.)

... and i've started watching it - yeah, some of the India footage seems a little distorted, but it's got me glowin all happy anyway.
have some popcorn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-09 17:02 by with sssoul.

Date: December 10, 2005 10:43

okay so does everyone's copy have audio problems in the Keith segments of the "talking with the band" section?
mine's got sound drops, hiccups & crackles (mainly in the Nearness of You segment),
and it would be very helpful to know if they're all like that or if i got a flawed copy.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 10, 2005 11:13

Can anyone list what is on it please?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 10, 2005 11:59

just from memory:
~ some footage from (and about) India (on and off stage)
~ some footage from (and about) Hong Kong (likewise)
~ a section called "live from the archives": Midnight Rambler from Bangalore, Angie from (if memory serves) Hong Kong, Boogie Chillin from Atlantic City 89
~ a section called "talking with the band" with a series of clips with each Stone in turn, doing/talking about assorted things;
~ a section called "credits" that i haven't looked at yet

does that help you, Kent?

and if anyone else's disk have audio problems in the Keith segments of "talking with the band" -
or if anyone has a disk *without* those audio problems - i'd love to hear about it. thanks!

- Keith

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 10, 2005 13:17

Boogie Chillun, love Hooker's oblivious-to-bands haywire sense of snarl and rhythm, good choice - less slick than the stuff on his all-star-guest albums of the last 15 years of his life, & the Stones can keep up with ol' Detroit Slim if anyone can. Isn't Clapton on that too?

Date: December 10, 2005 13:37

>> Isn't Clapton on that too? <<
yep, he is.
it's a fine clip indeed, but sort of a less-than-thrilling part of the fanclub DVD, since so many of us already own that Atlantic City show -
in fact for years that and 25x5 were the only Stones videos i owned. smile: i think i've got them both almost memorised.

- Keith

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 10, 2005 16:23

Does anyone in Holland have it yet?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: December 10, 2005 20:23

regarding the audio during keiths interview:

it is from his movement (keith) with his clip on audio mic which should have been edited or redone as first playback would show that. poor editing on the part of rs.com (jake cohl or whoever) but to wait a year for this is a joke at best.

most of the stuff was on virtual ticket during licks tour.

and yes my tin was dented too.

Date: December 10, 2005 20:36

thanks Chevysales - a couple of people on other boards are saying their disks *don't* have these sound drops, hiccups and crackles, so i'm not sure what's going on.
if anyone else who's got the disk could let us know whether or not your copy has these problems in the Keith bits of the "talking with the band" section,
maybe we could figure out what's going on with it. thanks!

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-10 23:13 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 11, 2005 08:06

First time to see that Charlie is dancing, shaking his hip and exercising before the show.
He's so qute.
Nice DVD.

Posted by: Puzzle2424 ()
Date: December 11, 2005 08:55

Would anyone want to sell their Fan Club DVD? I will pay $35. I don't want a dented one. If you can part with it, email me at downwithpbush@gmail.com

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 11, 2005 10:18

anybody from Belgium got his yet?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 11, 2005 19:46

I'm from the Netherlands and I have it for more than a week. I do have some drop outs on the sound

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 11, 2005 19:57

Nothing special here as far as I'm concerned! Why did it take them so long to send them out? There's nothing on it at all from a Bigger Bang...they could've put it out a year or more ago!

Date: December 11, 2005 21:53

thanks for the input, Christiaan - now Toru A and Mr D, and/or anyone else who's got their copy already:
do your disks have audio problems in the Keith segments of the "talking to the band" section or not?
*please* let us know, because if *all* the disks have these flaws, there's no point in trying to get a replacement;
but if some disks are okay, then those of us who got flawed ones should certainly agitate until we get replacements.

(by the way, Chevysales: i watched mine again and the problems aren't caused by Keith's movements/microphone;
there are sound drops during the onstage moments as well, not just the interview segments.)

- Keith

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 11, 2005 23:34

Yes,
My disc is flawed...I think they probably all are, the people who say there's aren't are just trying to get somebody to trade something good that they normally couldn't get hold of! I watched this once and put in the dead letter file!smiling smiley

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: December 12, 2005 00:09

Good for you, but nothing so far for my ten or so memberships. Still waiting hard in Switzeland

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home