Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 2, 2024 18:57

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour at Jazz Fest, New Orleans LA USA, Thursday May 2, 2024.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Please send your comments, reviews, links and more to: iorr@arena.no

Editorial reports from the show will be published here:

The Rolling Stones - Jazz Fest - New Orleans LA USA -Thursday May 2, 2024

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the thread:

New Orleans LA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info

IORR 2024 tour links:

The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2024

Bjornulf

New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2024 18:59

Re: New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:00

There were official New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival T-Shirts:

But after the JazzFest, the NOLA merch wasn't available anymore in [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] . Flashback: [Web.Archive.org] .

Due to the festival nature of JazzFest, there was no RS lithograph or song vote or opening act.

NOLA merch: 2 T-Shirts as pictured above, a Festival Hat with the logo from the T-Shirts as well as a Drink Insulator with a RS-logo inspired by Mardi Gras.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 12:55 by Irix.

Re: New Orleans LA USA show live updates - Thursday May 2, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:00

Rolling Stones at JazzFest - special guidelines: [www.nojazzfest.com] .

The map for JazzFest 2024 - large picture .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-02 19:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:02

Have a great show, people here and especially there!

- Doxa

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:08

Years ago there was a stand at Jazz Fest that made the best strawberry shortcakes with a cup and a shortbread type cookie in the bottom and packed with berries and whipped cream. Outstanding.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:14

Everybody in New Orleans enjoy! The rest of us will be right here following along!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:37

BV you HAVE to get the CRAWFISH BREAD! At Jazz Fest!

And go to Prejean's booth and get the pheasant, quail and Andouille sausage gumbo!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:48

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

the design of the tongue reminds me of the Franz Marc style tongue the used for the Munich 2017 poster => [iorr.org]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:49

Hearing about a few sit-ins for todays performance.

Irma Thomas - "Time is on my Side" perhaps?

Rockin' Dwayne Dopsie Zydeco as well.

Im sure Ivan Neville will participate in some form.
This will be a special show.
Bummed Im not there.

FYI - the Cochon De Leit pulled pork sandwich is always one of my favorites!

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:04

Looks like Dead Flowers may be on tonight- Mick Jagger on X let out a teaser

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:09

Stones726
Looks like Dead Flowers may be on tonight- Mick Jagger on X let out a teaser
if you’re referring to the video of Mick singing with Chanel and Bernard I believe that what was filmed before the Houston concert.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:25

Is there a festival live stream?
Just dreamin haha

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:33

WWOZ usually streams live audio from Jazzfest, although I don’t know if they’re going to stream the Stones.

[www.wwoz.org]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:34

tonight i'm eating my hands for dinner for giving up going to New orleans, have a great gig everyone tonight! smileys with beer premises are great

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:36

Javadave
WWOZ usually streams live audio from Jazzfest, although I don’t know if they’re going to stream the Stones.

[www.wwoz.org]

Thanks! I'll check back there later smiling smiley

Have a great show everyone!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:44

It's interesting the different perspectives. Some folks are very excited about the prospect of special guests. Me, I don't like them, no matter who they are. I'm there to hear the Stones and not anyone else, and I think the special guests are nothing other than an unnecessary distraction. And that's what makes the world go round--wonderful, nice, difference of opinions, without fighting.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 20:45

Yes, that's the one. Didn't realize it. saw it for the first time today on X.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 21:00

A picture on X today of Mick and Ronnie at Dwayne Dopsie's set today at Jazzfest. Nice they are checking out some of the local musicians.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 2, 2024 21:02

keefmick
It's interesting the different perspectives. Some folks are very excited about the prospect of special guests. Me, I don't like them, no matter who they are. I'm there to hear the Stones and not anyone else, and I think the special guests are nothing other than an unnecessary distraction. And that's what makes the world go round--wonderful, nice, difference of opinions, without fighting.

Generally speaking not a fan of the pop and adult contemporary guests but the prospect of actual real musicians with some event appropriate material has me intrigued.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 2, 2024 21:18

=> X

Date: May 2, 2024 21:22

buffalo7478
A picture on X today of Mick and Ronnie at Dwayne Dopsie's set today at Jazzfest. Nice they are checking out some of the local musicians.

Rockin' Dopsie Jr. & The Zydeco Twisters played Jazzfest last week.

Presume the photo you're speaking of is from yesterday's rehearsal.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 2, 2024 21:46

Front of stage (rocksoff- Facebook)

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 2, 2024 22:01

Gotta love the low stage

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 2, 2024 22:04

Samantha Fish definitely the best opener on the tour. She is on fire.

Date: May 2, 2024 22:10

What time The Stones are supposed to start?

- Doxa

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: May 2, 2024 22:12

5pm

Irma Thomas to perform with The Rolling Stones at Jazz Fest

Thomas, now 83, and lead singer Mick Jagger, now 80, had to work out some of the kinks of the classic hit "Time is on My Side," before their performance Thursday.

Ittai Sopher / WWL Louisiana
May 2, 2024

NEW ORLEANS — It's a rock and roll reunion, 60 years in the making. The Rolling Stones and Irma Thomas -- two acts that redefined popular music in the 1960s are set to perform together at Jazz Fest on Thursday.

"I rehearsed with them yesterday and it's on," Thomas told WWL Louisiana Thursday about her reunion with the Stones. "I will be called somewhere in the middle of his set."

Nineteen-sixty-four was a defining year for both the vocal stylings of The Rolling Stones and their lead singer Jagger. Arriving in The United States just a few months after The Beatles, the song "Time is On My Side" was the band's first top 10 hit in America.

They even performed the song on their debut on the Ed Sullivan Show in October 1964. But the band owes the success of that hit to the Soul Queen of New Orleans herself -- Irma Thomas, whose improvisations and vocal stylings can be found inside and all around The Rolling Stones' hit.

Thomas, now 83, and Rolling Stones' lead singer Mick Jagger, now 80, had to work out some of the kinks of the classic hit before their performance Thursday.

"(Jagger) was very pleasant to me and we had fun," Thomas said Thursday. "He had to relearn the song because he had not sung it in a long time - I can relate to that."

And even though Thomas had released and recorded her cover of "Time is On My Side," months before the Stones did, the British band's rendition eclipsed the commercial success of Thomas' version. As a result, Thomas often had to contend with the fact that when she sang the song, people would associate her epic vocal riffing with Jagger's version.

"I've never been angry with them," Thomas told NOLA.com in April. "I just got tired of explaining it all. Now people can Google it and realize that I'm not singing the Rolling Stones."

Other New Orleans artists have been scheduled to play alongside the Rolling Stones on Thursday night, including Dwayne Dopsie and The Zydeco Hellraisers.

"I just rehearsed with the Rolling Stones who asked to have me be apart of their show tomorrow at the New Orleans Jazz Festival," the zydeco group posted on social media Wednesday. "This is a legendary rock and roll band I grew up listening to and now to be playing on the stage with them giving my zydeco feel to their music is just mind blowing and a true blessing!"

[www.wwltv.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-02 22:58 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: BFR ()

Doxa

- Doxa

5:00 PM Central

Date: May 2, 2024 22:19

BFR
Doxa

- Doxa

5:00 PM Central

Thank you!

So they will be on stage less in three hours. Great (for me to follow from here thousands miles away in different time zone).

- Doxa

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home