Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: May 1, 2024 05:22

big4
Spud
ProfessorWolf

feast your eyes on this fantastic version of little t&awinking smiley

That's got to be one the best live t&a's ever.

It's really good!

Fantastic to see!

Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: May 1, 2024 06:04

Dalgtor
big4
Spud
ProfessorWolf

feast your eyes on this fantastic version of little t&awinking smiley

That's got to be one the best live t&a's ever.

It's really good!

Fantastic to see!

Terrific focused attack on this!

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: May 1, 2024 11:05

Guys, sorry if it's been answered before - what's the merch like and what are the prices? Thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 1, 2024 12:31

Yeah, that "Little T&A" is a great version. A nice groove, cool guitars, and I don't think Keith has sung the piece so well live ever before.

- Doxa

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 1, 2024 13:39

JN99
As has been said and is entirely accurate, being there is different from watching videos. There's really no arguing that. That said, there's plenty to tell about a performance from videos and watching the ones from this show just make me sad.

Again I will say, Charlie is missed. Keith, the reason I am a Stones fan, play guitar, and am in a band myself is just a shadow of himself at this point. It reminds me a bit of watching Chuck Berry's decline in playing in his 80's. He just looks lost, fumbles to find notes or remember them, struggles finding and playing his chords, struggles really to play anything near like what he once did. Mind you, I am not expecting him to play like he did in his 20s and 30s, or for that matter even in hi 50s but this is really sad to me. It's hard to watch.

I don't consider it bitching and complaining to give a subjective opinion on this band or its members' performances and what they deliver live now. I'm glad people still enjoy it, still want to see them in concert, still feel like they get their money's worth and more. That's just no longer the case for me.

TBH it's been like this with Keith since 2012 where you worry he's going to hit a bum not at every turn...2017 was a low point when he had to sit on the side of Charlie's kit a few times in Paris but 2022 he was in a much better shape (no more drinking, drugs, smoking, whatever). The other day someone pointed me to the JMI clip from 2006 (the only other time Mick strapped on a guitar mid-song) and it was heart-wrenching to see how Keith still played at the time, just so fluid and could do what he wanted.

But as someone pointed out it's nowhere as bad as Chuck in 2013 or 2014...but he was 87 and Keith is only 80.

Is it a bit hard to watch at times ? Yes, but you still get one of the better versions of Rocks Off, grooves like MIU, soul like SSOH or a rockin' T&A !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 1, 2024 14:40

Hutchence

Guys, sorry if it's been answered before - what's the merch like and what are the prices?

See here - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2024 15:52

Hutchence
Guys, sorry if it's been answered before - what's the merch like and what are the prices? Thanks smiling smiley

I get so much money but I spend it so fast!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 1, 2024 18:31

Doxa
Yeah, that "Little T&A" is a great version. A nice groove, cool guitars, and I don't think Keith has sung the piece so well live ever before.

- Doxa

Best version ever. Until the next one.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: May 1, 2024 20:48

I could not find this info. Was the City t-shirt available at the show in Houston or is it only online? If yes, what was the price?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 1, 2024 21:30

Out of Time sounds great on the tape. Love that song!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 1, 2024 21:35

Houston poster was available at the show. I didn't see the shirt or the pennant but didn't look that hard. Don't know price of the poster.

Posted by: llsbsk ()
Date: May 1, 2024 22:06

The poster was available at the show for $50.00. The pennant and the astronaut shirt were not available in time for the show in Houston so you can only get them online. There was a Houston shirt available but it was generic art work with the date at the bottom.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 02:03

The Houston poster is awesome i already have mine in a frame...

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 2, 2024 02:54

llsbsk
The poster was available at the show for $50.00. The pennant and the astronaut shirt were not available in time for the show in Houston so you can only get them online. There was a Houston shirt available but it was generic art work with the date at the bottom.

2022 SIXTY tour was like that.
City artwork tees were available only online.

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 02:58

Does anyone know if the Houston posters sold the night of the show were numbered?

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: May 2, 2024 03:05

jason8903
Does anyone know if the Houston posters sold the night of the show were numbered?

I believe someone posted here the day before the show and said they were not numbered.

The one I purchased on the night of the show was not numbered. I couldn't find them inside the venue when I arrived, and was told they were only for sale outside the venue. A merch stand inside the venue got some posters around 6:45.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 2, 2024 23:56

Caught a clip of Get Off Of My Cloud. Much, much better than it's been performed in a long time. It's was almost a slow waltz the last 20 years. In Houston it became a rock song again.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 3, 2024 00:43

24FPS
Caught a clip of Get Off Of My Cloud. Much, much better than it's been performed in a long time. It's was almost a slow waltz the last 20 years. In Houston it became a roc toik song again.

-

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 3, 2024 04:17

angee
On "Out of Time," I think I mentioned this before but OOT was on the soundtrack of the film "Once Upon a Time in LA" (2021) directed by
Tarantino. It starred Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.

And Out Of Time fit perfectly into the movie at that point in the Once Upon a Time in LA story. Awesome song. Glad it’s been added to the set list 2x now.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: May 3, 2024 05:04

My videos from Houston
[www.youtube.com]

Lots of great vids from others and the iphones are fantastic now but thought I would share mine. I use a pocket camera Sony DSC-HX99 currenty. I don't watch the concert through the camera so it bounces around a lot.

No Paint it Black and few 2 part vids or partials. Houston was hot, sticky, messy... my home city - new songs were really great, surprisingly so

overall channel has 2021 and 2018 shows [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 05:47 by dnewton99.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: May 3, 2024 18:06

dnewton99
My videos from Houston
[www.youtube.com]

Lots of great vids from others and the iphones are fantastic now but thought I would share mine. I use a pocket camera Sony DSC-HX99 currenty. I don't watch the concert through the camera so it bounces around a lot.

No Paint it Black and few 2 part vids or partials. Houston was hot, sticky, messy... my home city - new songs were really great, surprisingly so

Nice videos. From the viewpoint, I can tell I was standing almost next to you in pit A.

Posted by: llsbsk ()
Date: May 3, 2024 23:21

I just uploaded over 100 pictures from the Houston show.

[www.rockinhouston.com]

Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: May 4, 2024 17:39

Houston Show Documentary:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 4, 2024 17:48

Crackinup
dnewton99
My videos from Houston
[www.youtube.com]

Nice videos. From the viewpoint, I can tell I was standing almost next to you in pit A.

Awesome.. it was brutal to get there if you were early entry. It was great to hear the new songs done so well. Were you rail or one row behind?

Date: May 4, 2024 17:51

llsbsk
I just uploaded over 100 pictures from the Houston show.

[www.rockinhouston.com]

Houston gal here - love your site - have perused it for a long time. I was a concert goer in the Cardi's, Summit, Corky's days of old. Thank you for capturing fantastic stuff from all decades.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: May 5, 2024 20:55

This may have been already discussed but was wondering why Bernard and Chantel didn't appear on stage during GOOMC. They can be heard clearly but not seen.

They appeared to walk on stage at the beginning of Rocks Off

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 5, 2024 21:16

kidquick185
This may have been already discussed but was wondering why Bernard and Chantel didn't appear on stage during GOOMC. They can be heard clearly but not seen.

They appeared to walk on stage at the beginning of Rocks Off

Backup singers singing from off stage is a thing since at least the licks tour. On the ABB tour it was even noted on the setlist. I think less people on stage should represent an intimate feel.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: May 5, 2024 22:55

By long previous message

What do the LD wristbands look like for this tour, can someone post?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 00:20

MysteryTour84
By long previous message

What do the LD wristbands look like for this tour, can someone post?

I can't post right now but they look quite similar to the previous years and same color as Pit wristband. In Houston they were blue.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 14:55

Thank you !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home