Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22
Houston TX- April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:09

We see a red door and we want to paint it black

Thanks for STARTIN' UP The Hackney Diamonds Tour with us @therollingstones

#TheRollingStones #HackneyDiamonds #Houston

[twitter.com]

Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:19

Out of Time sounds fantastic.

Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:26

agu82
Full concert

Thank's Nyna Ryan, Jam Magazine,Julian Fava, Christopher Mogenson, Hendrik Mulder.

video: [youtu.be]

This is fantastic on headphones! Turn up the bass!

Thank you!!

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:30

I was disappointed with the stage design at first, but when it came alive, I must admit: pretteeeyyyy, pretteeyyy, pretty good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-29 23:31 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:33

Out Of Time

[youtu.be]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:47

Christiaan
Out Of Time

[youtu.be]

This was a highlight for me at the show.. great surprise!

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:48

KeithNacho
Lot of experts in music, health, medicine...everything. In every forum. Wellcome to the digital era

While my parents, one of whom died in recent weeks, are/were both Professors of Medicine at two of the world's leading teaching hospitals, one of which will likely treat Stones members when they become seriously ill, my comments reflect very common knowledge (that is nevertheless denied for various psychological and political reasons, especially among the poorly-educated) and involve no expertise.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-30 00:00 by SecondSet.

Date: April 29, 2024 23:49

KeithNacho
It is not about you Second.

While I don't know what "It" is, you're the first to suggest anything of the sort.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 23:54

Spud
ProfessorWolf

feast your eyes on this fantastic version of little t&awinking smiley

That's got to be one the best live t&a's ever.

It's really good!

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 30, 2024 00:00

What a moment to be a Stones fan!

Personally i dont mind not having Rambler on the set. Its been played at every show since 2012. It can rest for a while.

If Keith was sick. What a trooper, didnt slow him down at all.

Cant wait to see them in Chicago

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 30, 2024 00:00

SecondSet
KeithNacho
Lot of experts in music, health, medicine...everything. In every forum. Wellcome to the digital era

While my parents, one of whom died in recent weeks, are/were both Professors of Medicine at two of the world's leading teaching hospitals, one of which will likely treat Stones members when they become seriously ill, my comments reflect very common knowledge and involve no expertise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-30 00:05 by keefriffhards.

Date: April 30, 2024 00:05

keefriffhards
SecondSet
KeithNacho

While my parents, one of whom died in recent weeks, are/were both Professors of Medicine at two of the world's leading teaching hospitals, one of which will likely treat Stones members when they become seriously ill, my comments reflect very common knowledge and involve no expertise.

So you are privy/subjected to the big pharma indoctrination program, uninitiated, savvy.

I see that you are confirming your membership in the above-described.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 30, 2024 00:22

SecondSet
keefriffhards
SecondSet
KeithNacho

So you are privy/subjected to the big pharma indoctrination program, uninitiated, savvy.

I see that you are confirming your membership in the above-described.

With all due respect it's probably best not to discuss on this thread or any other for that matter.
I'm sorry to hear about your parent though.
If indeed Keith was poorly he did a great job.
On with the show as he likes to say.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 30, 2024 00:29

Been going through "Fake Fan"s videos on YT ant they are absolutely stunning. I'd rank them as among the best ever and certainly the next best thing after being in the pit. Apart from the nearly obligatory Keithgate incident in the SMU intro I found the boys to be in fine fettle with a slightly different, edgier sound, might be the video of course but for once the bass stands out.

Not enough HD songs of course but MIU was nice and groovy, more so than on the album, some difficult passages to sing but Mick pulled through. Was disappointed not to see Mick strap on a guitar for Angry one to beef up the sound and...he does exactly that at the end, has to be a first? SSOH worked great with a Chanel that delivered as expected. Her voice is so wonderful, both deep and high, and so soulful.

Stunning overall !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: April 30, 2024 00:44

gotdablouse
Been going through "Fake Fan"s videos on YT ant they are absolutely stunning. I'd rank them as among the best ever and certainly the next best thing after being in the pit. Apart from the nearly obligatory Keithgate incident in the SMU intro I found the boys to be in fine fettle with a slightly different, edgier sound, might be the video of course but for once the bass stands out.

Not enough HD songs of course but MIU was nice and groovy, more so than on the album, some difficult passages to sing but Mick pulled through. Was disappointed not to see Mick strap on a guitar for Angry one to beef up the sound and...he does exactly that at the end, has to be a first? SSOH worked great with a Chanel that delivered as expected. Her voice is so wonderful, both deep and high, and so soulful.

Stunning overall !

I agree, Fake Fan's Videos are pretty on parr with Matt Lee

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 30, 2024 01:02

band intro

from matt lee

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 30, 2024 01:06

Thought last night the band were mostly great, we’ll know more of what’s what after another show or two. Will Rambler return, will Keith do more than one song, will they shake up the HD material each night… the next few shows will be interesting.

It’s hard rely on YouTube sound as a gauge, but I’d like the guitars to have a bit more bite to them, just a little more distortion.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 30, 2024 01:07

big4
Spud
ProfessorWolf

feast your eyes on this fantastic version of little t&awinking smiley

That's got to be one the best live t&a's ever.

It's really good!

Lovely Keith solo in the middle there.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: April 30, 2024 01:23

gotdablouse

Stunning overall !

Also during Just My Imagination Mick started playing the guitar halfway through the song, so it's rare but not the first time. Just My Imagination - 2006 - live

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-30 01:23 by Musicwinn.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 30, 2024 01:29

SecondSet
keefriffhards
cyclist
Someone at Shidoobees said they met Bernard who said that Keith is recovering from Covid…

Yep the Keith one song drama, i called it, if it's not two songs he's obviously not 100%.

So flu is called Covid now.

I don't understand your comment, but there are four varieties of influenza and numerous coronaviruses of various degrees of seriousness, the newest and most serious of which is Covid-19, the severity of which has been substantially reduced over the last two-plus years through campaigns of vaccination and other interventions, widespread (and often repeat) infection, and development of treatment regimes, but which remains a pandemic virus that is still sickening and killing more people than others even if it doesn't seriously harm most in the short term.

I don't know what Keith does/did or doesn't/didn't have, and you don't either, but if Bernard Fowler said he had Covid, I'm pretty sure he had Covid, not the flu, which is also serious in the elderly, but generally to an at least slightly lesser degree.

Assuming the Shidoobee report is correct, look at the reaction to Keith having covid. Cut one song, maybe two (could be why no MR) and he’ll be back in fighting form in a week. A few years ago the tour would have been wrecked by such a diagnosis.

Seems to confirm what some said from the beginning: that covid 19 will not be eliminated but will join the panoply of circulating corona viruses that afflict us including common colds and flus.

By the way Keith killed on T&A I guess figuring I only get one tonight make it good. I did think he was a little absent on some other numbers. But he’s a guy that always personified the Show must go On ethic.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 30, 2024 02:18

Everyone loved the two accoustic songs on the B stage in 2019, but my guess is that with Charlie gone they will not go back to that. Seems odd to have that for two tours now but not use it.

Date: April 30, 2024 02:19

Rokyfan
Assuming the Shidoobee report is correct, look at the reaction to Keith having covid. Cut one song, maybe two (could be why no MR) and he’ll be back in fighting form in a week. A few years ago the tour would have been wrecked by such a diagnosis.

Seems to confirm what some said from the beginning: that covid 19 will not be eliminated but will join the panoply of circulating corona viruses that afflict us including common colds and flus.

You can't generalize about the impact of infection from its impact on any given individual, which remains difficult to predict. Yes, Covid is far less deadly/serious at a population level than it was two to four years ago due to the factors I mentioned above (and Keith is vaccinated and likely previously infected), but remains significantly more deadly than most coronaviruses and the more seasonal flu - it killed more than 50,000 in the US last year, which is twice the combined flu death toll of the past two winter seasons. So while it has gotten closer to ordinary viruses, it is not yet in that category and could become more serious again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-30 02:20 by SecondSet.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 30, 2024 02:45

SecondSet
Rokyfan

You can't generalize about the impact of infection from its impact on any given individual, which remains difficult to predict. Yes, Covid is far less deadly/serious at a population level than it was two to four years ago due to the factors I mentioned above (and Keith is vaccinated and likely previously infected), but remains significantly more deadly than most coronaviruses and the more seasonal flu - it killed more than 50,000 in the US last year, which is twice the combined flu death toll of the past two winter seasons. So while it has gotten closer to ordinary viruses, it is not yet in that category and could become more serious again.

Very true. I have been waiting on architectural plans on a remodel but the person doing the plans has been in the hospital from Covid. It hits people differently. If Keith had a severe case they would not have played. We saw what happened with Mick 2 years ago.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 30, 2024 04:00

daspyknows
SecondSet
Rokyfan

Very true. I have been waiting on architectural plans on a remodel but the person doing the plans has been in the hospital from Covid. It hits people differently. If Keith had a severe case they would not have played. We saw what happened with Mick 2 years ago.

Exactly.

Covid is NOT over. Still.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: April 30, 2024 04:01

Chanel’s contralto vocals on ‘Gimme Shelter’ is jarring at first, but wow, can she sing!
I can’t wait to see how the tour progresses.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 30, 2024 04:52

RisingStone
daspyknows
SecondSet
Rokyfan

Exactly.

[iorr.org]

That’s what i said. It will never be “over.” It’s now one of the numerous circulating viruses. Covid the virus is not over. Covid the panic is thankfully over.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 30, 2024 05:25

Rokyfan
RisingStone
daspyknows
SecondSet
Rokyfan

Exactly.

[iorr.org]

That’s what i said. It will never be “over.” It’s now one of the numerous circulating viruses. Covid the virus is not over. Covid the panic is thankfully over.

It’s not “one” of them. It can be much more dangerous than common cold and the flu if you are unlucky. And if you unfortunately end up with Long Covid and live with it, the rest of your life might be severely damaged.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: April 30, 2024 06:03

Highlight of the show was harmonica on miss you

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 30, 2024 06:57

I'm loving Shonana's videos on YouTube. It feels like I'm right there. The audio is good too.

All the songs I've heard have been good so far. A few little flaws here and there, but the good far outweighs the bad. Keith killed Little T & A. Total winner there. He wasn't running around and posing, totally understandable even if he wasn't sick, but he was focused and I liked his playing.

Mick looks and sounds great. As others have said he's a little flat on Angry, but it was awesome hearing the audience respond to the song and sing along immediately. I thought his singing during the rest of the show was really good, Get Off My Cloud and Out Of Time especially. I liked the face off with Bernard on Beast Of Burden.

Miss You sounded good stripped down in some ways but also more elaborate with a different bass solo from Darryl. It was fun watching Mick body check him!

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: April 30, 2024 07:12

If the song vote slot is also the Ballad slot on this tour then they should move it in between TD and YCAGWYW, it would flow better and also if the song you voted for doesn't win then next up is, well, you get the joke... winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home