Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 22
Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Date: April 29, 2024 07:40

BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
Big Al
BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
It seems like they had to shorten the show because of the 11pm
curfew.

Then not start the show earlier? I’m sure that’s what they do at venues like Hyde Park, when there’s usually a curfew in place.

I thought the same. Maybe because it’s night one and there are a few bugs to work out?? No rambler? Eeeek
Very untypical short set. Not despite but especially since its opening night. Strange..

Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:43

Houston, we have a problem.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:44

ssoh

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:48

Green Lady
The Sicilian
JMARKO
The Sicilian
CindyC
SSOH kicking ass! Awesome live

Trying to think of which song it reminds me of.

"Coming Down Again"?

Let It Loose

Yeah, I hear it in there too. Also YCAGWYW.

Melody is very like a slowed down YCAGWYW.

You think so? I love that song. I've always seen Melody a stand alone uninspired song.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:50

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-29 13:35 by Irix.

Date: April 29, 2024 07:53

gimme shelter

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:54

I hope they bring back Rambler & drop Paint It..

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: April 29, 2024 07:59

JumpingKentFlash
Keef doing Angry on a Gibson hollowbody tuned to open g? Saw it on Hendrik Mulder’s video. That surely doesn’t happen too often.

He plays it in standard tuning

Date: April 29, 2024 07:59

Sounds like a typical opening night to be honest. Slow tempo and rusty. Sure it was great for most of everybody there. Also sure they will get better every gig and go from good to great very soon.

Ssoh sounds great allready

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-29 08:00 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 29, 2024 08:00

Fantastic show with slight tweaks to the warhorses that made them seem reawakened. Especially Miss You. Mick carried it and seemed much more spontaneous and playful than ‘21–he seemed exhilarated to be on stage. Was disappointed that Keith only had one song and seemed more faded than last time I saw him in LA. First chord in Start Me Up (first song) was botched. Solo in Sympathy was decent, though he wasn’t moving around or smiling too much.

But this is a terrific rebirth in the late stage! You all are in for a treat.

Crowd in the pit was dead. So disappointing. Should’ve had more Argentinians! I felt for the band when Sweet Sounds got almost zero response from the audience, remembered what Mick said about how the energy leaves the room during new songs. It was palpable and undeserved. He and Chanel were holding hands like they were trying to keep the ship afloat. So beautiful to see them take risks, and the song sounded great. Screw the zombies in the pit!

A delightful night. Not gonna get better than this until the next show.

Date: April 29, 2024 08:01

really good close up video of angry

facebook

Date: April 29, 2024 08:06

well angry was much better then the racket version and i'm glad mick played guitar on it

but why did he wait till halfway thru the song?

Date: April 29, 2024 08:15

maybe they'll alternate miss you with midnight rambler as the tour goes on?

i hope so

Date: April 29, 2024 08:17

Date: April 29, 2024 08:18

cyclist

Fantastic show with slight tweaks to the warhorses that made them seem reawakened. Especially Miss You. Mick carried it and seemed much more spontaneous and playful than ‘21–he seemed exhilarated to be on stage. Was disappointed that Keith only had one song and seemed more faded than last time I saw him in LA. First chord in Start Me Up (first song) was botched. Solo in Sympathy was decent, though he wasn’t moving around or smiling too much.

But this is a terrific rebirth in the late stage! You all are in for a treat.

Crowd in the pit was dead. So disappointing. Should’ve had more Argentinians! I felt for the band when Sweet Sounds got almost zero response from the audience, remembered what Mick said about how the energy leaves the room during new songs. It was palpable and undeserved. He and Chanel were holding hands like they were trying to keep the ship afloat. So beautiful to see them take risks, and the song sounded great. Screw the zombies in the pit!

A delightful night. Not gonna get better than this until the next show.

Sweet sounds is phenomenal. Sounds like it could’ve been on exile…just a fantastic tune.

Date: April 29, 2024 08:19

new opening and smu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-29 08:20 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: April 29, 2024 08:23

rocks off!grinning smiley

Date: April 29, 2024 08:27

ProfessorWolf

rocks off!grinning smiley
Bands sounds great on this one. Not sure if mick is alright…?

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: April 29, 2024 08:30

Thanks for the links and the video clips! Missing a few, but loved it overall, till the next time...

Date: April 29, 2024 08:37

Anyone seen miss you where mick plays on harp?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 29, 2024 08:41

ProfessorWolf

i hope so

No, nothing will ever stop Mick from playing Miss You.

Date: April 29, 2024 08:43

Green Lady
ProfessorWolf

i hope so

No, nothing will ever stop Mick from playing Miss You.

yeah.....

maybe sympathy then?

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 29, 2024 08:44

Houston, we have a problem. Keith needs at least two songs.

Date: April 29, 2024 08:44

beast of burden

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: April 29, 2024 08:45

Hi everyone!

I will complete a full show review write up but for now... please enjoy Angry and Little T&A recorded from PIT B

Little T&A
[youtu.be]

Angry
[youtu.be]

Grant

Date: April 29, 2024 08:48

out of time

Date: April 29, 2024 08:50

BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
Sweet sounds is phenomenal. Sounds like it could’ve been on exile…just a fantastic tune.

It was beautiful to hear the new songs. The entire show felt fresh. But the pit was losing attention even during lesser hits like Beast of Burden, which is so pathetic. You’re wearing the shirt and spent all this money and standing there slack jawed during songs like that?!?

Maybe it has to do with the age of folks. Some kids behind me who got into the pit on lucky dips got it.

I checked out from 2002 to 2016, so this felt pretty special. Glad I have Vegas and Santa Clara. Maybe will be kicking myself for selling that LA ticket.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 29, 2024 08:51

PaintMonkeyManBlack
BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
Big Al
BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
curfew.

Then not start the show earlier? I’m sure that’s what they do at venues like Hyde Park, when there’s usually a curfew in place.

I thought the same. Maybe because it’s night one and there are a few bugs to work out?? No rambler? Eeeek
Very untypical short set. Not despite but especially since its opening night. Strange..

Same happened the first night at the O2 in London in 2012--no Satisfaction because of the curfew. Opening night bug.

Date: April 29, 2024 08:53

Aquamarine
PaintMonkeyManBlack
BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
Big Al
BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
curfew.

Same happened the first night at the O2 in London in 2012--no Satisfaction because of the curfew. Opening night bug.
On the latest stones tweet there is a photo of the timetable and the last thing is: none. Cant see whats in front of it but would be logical that this was about curfew.

Date: April 29, 2024 08:56

U2Stonesfan
Houston, we have a problem. Keith needs at least two songs.

Agreed. And I’m worried that it was Keith’s decision. Fingers crossed this won’t become the standard.

Was nice to hear Waiting for the Man (VU’s version) on the house music.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home