Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

London to Shanghai
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 9, 2024 14:04

Just loaded on YT, expanded version of the previous release?

[www.youtube.com]

Re: London to Shanghai
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 9, 2024 14:16

SKILLS

[www.youtube.com]

Strange trailer. This is all from Biggest Bang DVD disc 3. But I don't Recall there's anything from London on it. Maybe they're just releasing the docu and rename it? Or a full Shanghai show?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 9, 2024 14:18

Maybe also footage from the 3 last 02 Arena shows in London 2007?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 9, 2024 15:32

Maybe like the Havana show, a doco on Shanghai??

Rod

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 9, 2024 16:02

smoking smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 9, 2024 18:32

In première in 44 hours:
[youtu.be]

In 2006 the Rolling Stones made their debut performance in mainland
China, bringing one of the most renowned Rock and Roll live acts to the
other side of the world. Featuring interviews with long-time production
manager Dale "Opie" Skjerseth and the godfather of Chinese rock Cui
Juan, 'From London To Shanghai' explores behind the scenes of the
historic concert.

Directed By
Oisín Bickley

Produced By
Oisín Bickley
Michael Fatukasi-richards

Executive Producer
Alice Webb
Dan Borrelli

Edited By
Sam Atkinson

With thanks
Dale 'opie' Skjerseth
Cui Jian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-09 18:35 by spunky.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 9, 2024 18:57

hockenheim95
SKILLS

[www.youtube.com]

Strange trailer. This is all from Biggest Bang DVD disc 3. But I don't Recall there's anything from London on it. Maybe they're just releasing the docu and rename it? Or a full Shanghai show?

The Biggest Bang docs are terrible, they play like late night infomercials for the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-09 19:56 by Dan.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: April 9, 2024 19:14

Probably just a short youtube video and not a full release on blu-ray etc?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 9, 2024 20:24

Shanghai just reminds me of

Date: April 9, 2024 20:59

Only 15 minutes long.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 10, 2024 01:56

OK, I'll dive in and ask the bleeding obvious:

What is it?

1. A doco?

2. Another concert performace, so soon after release of Wiltern?

3. A combination of (1) and (2) above?

4. Another revenue-harvesting project that I'll buy at cheapest possible cost that I can find?

5. All of the above?

I can save a lot of IORRers a lot of their time thinking about this. I expect answer (5) to be the most frequently-suggested answer. winking smiley

Date: April 10, 2024 06:26

stonesman87

What is it?

1. A doco?

4. Another revenue-harvesting project that I'll buy at cheapest possible cost that I can find?

5. All of the above?

I can save a lot of IORRers a lot of their time thinking about this. I expect answer (5) to be the most frequently-suggested answer. winking smiley

I just said that it was 15 minutes long, so just a mini doc/short video. Nothing more.

Date: April 10, 2024 08:17

IsakSun
stonesman87

What is it?

1. A doco?

5. All of the above?

I just said that it was 15 minutes long, so just a mini doc/short video. Nothing more.

Only 15 minutes? I haven't found any details anywhere. The promos appear to be making a big fuss for just a 15-minute "short". The easy way to find out will be to simply wait to see what apperars at [www.youtube.com] at the chosen time. I'll be checking back in then.

Date: April 10, 2024 09:23

stonesman87
IsakSun
stonesman87

What is it?

1. A doco?

5. All of the above?

Only 15 minutes? I haven't found any details anywhere. The promos appear to be making a big fuss for just a 15-minute "short". The easy way to find out will be to simply wait to see what apperars at [www.youtube.com] at the chosen time. I'll be checking back in then.

If you look on the YouTube app on a phone you can see that it is only 15:04 minutes. Yes I agree that it's a big fuss for something like that. You will see tomorrow.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 10, 2024 11:55

I bet you it’s nothing we haven’t seen. Probably off Biggest Bang Dvd with Shanghai and then interviews from London when the tour wrapped up. I do remember Keith, and Charlie talking in London. Hope it’s something new

Date: April 10, 2024 12:30

IsakSun
stonesman87
IsakSun
stonesman87

What is it?

1. A doco?

5. All of the above?

If you look on the YouTube app on a phone you can see that it is only 15:04 minutes. Yes I agree that it's a big fuss for something like that. You will see tomorrow.

That explains why I haven't found this information on the www using my PC, not even their website. I don't have the YT app on my phone.

The good news? My question 4 scenario won't be invoked. And the answer to my question 5 is realistically "no" or "none of the above". I mean, a 15-minute doco? Not exactly Olé.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 11, 2024 15:20

I’m not sure, but this could be recorded one of these day’s
[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 11, 2024 15:22

15 Minutes docu

[youtu.be]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 11, 2024 17:31

Watching this made me rather sad. There is no way such a similar event could take place now in China, a western rock act playing to an enthusiastic Chinese audience.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 11, 2024 18:15

Nothing too revelatory - a couple of interviews and a bit of concert footage. Hard to believe that was 18 years ago.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 11, 2024 18:49

I just watched it - not all that interesting really, but worth a watch.

I pulled together a trip to China in 2014 that ended with their Macao show, off the coast of Hong Kong. We went to Beijing, the Li River, then Hong Kong followed by a chaotic ferry ride to Macao - which I describe as Chineses Vegas, on steroids.

For sure the strangest Stones show I ever attended. It was at the massive Venetian, and I remember walking around looking for the arena where the show was. Um, are The Rolling Stones playing somewhere here? Just very disorienting. Great version of Brown Sugar that night though as I recall - where it felt like they finally said, ah the heck with it, let’s just have fun playing for ourselves.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 11, 2024 19:07

Really interesting view from the side of the Roadie in chief.

Date: April 12, 2024 12:26

What a nice memory, I went to this concert in China with my family, I was even attempting to the Press Conference...pretending I was from Swiss Magazine....using my swiss ID card...what a great moment....

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 13:46

Nice mini documentary
So this is another one in the series of YouTube mini documentaries Mercury Studios has done over the last two years like the one on
the rio show

the mobile

or the first online-streamed show in 1994

They all end with that yellow screen (and the no filter tongue), so they seem to consider these as parts of the same series (in contrast to the lyric videos)

London to Shanghai
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2024 23:37

Date: April 19, 2024 23:43

bye bye johnny

I wonder if that means "look out for another live gig release".

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 20, 2024 00:40

stonesman87

I wonder if that means "look out for another live gig release".

This video of 'It's Only Rock 'n' Roll' (Grand Stage, Shanghai, 8-Apr-2006) was already released on Disc 3 of the 2007 'The Biggest Bang' 4DVD box set.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home