Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: April 27, 2024 20:06

Can you please send to me too kmbrochu@mac.com. Thank you!!

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 27, 2024 22:23

Would be very thankful for the Monkey Man rehearsal:

strongmanvhs@gmail.com

Posted by: The98Dude ()
Date: April 28, 2024 16:57

You are 100 pct right.
It's been Mick's band for ages and Hackney Diamonds is 70% Mick (or more).
Saw them 17 times since 1976 and I am sad to see - and hear - that Keith has become very erratic on guitar since 2014 (arthritic fingers).
Sometimes I even wonder if someone (Chuck keyboards?) / something (tapes?) is backing his guitar in the wings as he seems more interested in posing and smiling to fans than actually playing.
And he makes so many bum notes (especially on his legendary Sympathy for the devil solo that he cannot play any longer)...
Sad. What a drag it is getting old. Happy that they are still around at 80 but, as a long time fan, I am not pleased with the way they now deliver their great music.
Times waits for no one indeed.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: April 28, 2024 17:01

The98Dude
You are 100 pct right.
Saw them 17 times since 1976 and I am sad to see - and hear - that Keith has become very erratic on guitar since 2014 (arthritic fingers).
Sometimes I even wonder if someone (Chuck keyboards?) / something (tapes?) is backing his guitar in the wings as he seems more interested in posing and smiling to fans than actually playing.
And he makes so many bum notes (especially on his legendary Sympathy for the devil solo that he cannot play any longer)...
Sad. What a drag it is getting old. Happy that they are still around at 80 but, as a long time fan, I am not pleased with the way they now deliver their great music.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: April 28, 2024 17:02

The98Dude
You are 100 pct right.
I understand what you're saying, but imo there was a clear resurgence midway through the '22 tour. He played a great show in Brussels and was much better than in the years prior for the remaining shows.

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: April 28, 2024 17:09

Keith pleasantly surprised me in 2022. And also for the first half of the 2021 tour. Thought he ran out of gas at the end that year

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 28, 2024 18:56

I think Keith plays what he can , sometimes up sometimes down , but he still have that kind of sound or maybe this way of playing typically Stones ,it's better to have five or six notes from Keith than a dozen or more by some guitarist

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 28, 2024 19:40

KeVvV2011
The98Dude
You are 100 pct right.
I understand what you're saying, but imo there was a clear resurgence midway through the '22 tour. He played a great show in Brussels and was much better than in the years prior for the remaining shows.

I second this. In 2022 I was much more worried about Ronnie than about Keith

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 28, 2024 19:49

GasLightStreet
bv
The Rolling Stones are rehearsing at the NRG stadium in Houston Texas this week. Yesterday I could hear they did "Sad Sad Sad", among others, but I left. The NRG is a closed dome. Traffic noise in the area is just crazy, roads all over. Also, staff at the NRG ask me all the time why I am on a public sidewalk. I will not ruin the great experiences from LA, where studio staff were all friendly, so I will wait for the actual show on Sunday.

Texas is always angry.

Us in Louisiana feel sorry for them.

In general.

Best comment Gas!

Date: April 28, 2024 19:54

5strings
I think Keith plays what he can , sometimes up sometimes down , but he still have that kind of sound or maybe this way of playing typically Stones ,it's better to have five or six notes from Keith than a dozen or more by some guitarist

Yes. Keith is essential for the Stones and does wonders in the recent years. Yes Hackney Diamonds is more Mick but Keith contributed heavily, too. Everything is alright :-)

Posted by: Racca1962 ()
Date: April 28, 2024 22:09

I respect everybodys meaning. But if you follow the Stones for decades, it was Ronnies guitar playing for the 2022-tour that kept the Stones-ship afloat (spotted by many fans and the press). But there are no guarantees, so maybe this tour Keith guitar playing is razor sharp again. I wish all of you visiting the upcoming tour lots of fun. But please stop the conversation about songs you like or don't like to hear. Just be glad they are still alive and go on tour again.I can give you my list of greatest hits from whom I wish they will not play this tour, but I know for now that won't happen.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 28, 2024 22:25

Racca1962
I respect everybodys meaning. But if you follow the Stones for decades, it was Ronnies guitar playing for the 2022-tour that kept the Stones-ship afloat (spotted by many fans and the press).
(…)

Keith looked much fitter than Ronnie in 2022

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 28, 2024 23:47

Tour must be ready to start. Its past setlist debates to the who is more infirm debate between Keith or Ronnie.

Posted by: paulstones ()
Date: April 29, 2024 00:08

I surely would love to receive the Monkey man rehearsal. Thank you very much! stonestimeradio@gmail.com

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 29, 2024 16:53

TW2019
Keith pleasantly surprised me in 2022. And also for the first half of the 2021 tour. Thought he ran out of gas at the end that year

Not so much ran out of gas, more likely started celebrating too soon winking smiley

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:37

I skimmed this thread but maybe missed..

Anyone know if Dancing With Mr. D was rehearsed? Was keeping a small flicker of hope they'll pull it out for New Orleans

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 30, 2024 20:36

Listening to the 4/19 rehearsal now on my way to Jazzfest. Finny listening to Mick engage the "crowd".

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 30, 2024 22:59

daspyknows
Listening to the 4/19 rehearsal now on my way to Jazzfest. Finny listening to Mick engage the "crowd".

That's hilarious. Guess it's part of his routine/getting in the zone

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 30, 2024 23:00

snoopy2

Anyone know if Dancing With Mr. D was rehearsed? Was keeping a small flicker of hope they'll pull it out for New Orleans

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but that's one of the main songs I was hoping for.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 1, 2024 01:57

BeastyBurdeny
snoopy2

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but that's one of the main songs I was hoping for.

Me too. BV mentioned there was one song they rehearsed that is seldom ("rarely") played and I was hoping this could be it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-01 02:05 by snoopy2.

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: May 1, 2024 23:00

The Stones are at the Fairgrounds, Rehearsal/Soundcheck Around 3:30

Somewhere around 330 today, Wed 5/1 The Stones will go through their set. I just left The Fairgrounds area and a few people were out there waiting.

Date: May 1, 2024 23:09

Thank you jjazznola69 smileys with beer

Mick, Chanel, Bernard
A little warm up!

[www.facebook.com] [twitter.com] [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 1, 2024 23:41

I would be very thankful if some kind fan sending me the Monkey Man rehearsal too. TIA
quiquestone@gmail.com

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 2, 2024 00:08

smoking smiley

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:19

Racca1962
I respect everybodys meaning. But if you follow the Stones for decades, it was Ronnies guitar playing for the 2022-tour that kept the Stones-ship afloat (spotted by many fans and the press). But there are no guarantees, so maybe this tour Keith guitar playing is razor sharp again. I wish all of you visiting the upcoming tour lots of fun. But please stop the conversation about songs you like or don't like to hear. Just be glad they are still alive and go on tour again.I can give you my list of greatest hits from whom I wish they will not play this tour, but I know for now that won't happen.

Of course you’re right. We are HAPPY that the band is playing. All the same, we do need SYMPATHY for the deep tracks fan.

Mick prefers (and frankly is better able to carry) the well rehearsed war horses. The deep tracks fans need to have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:46

Friend sent me a FB link of someone outside the fairgrounds yesterday videoing the sky, basically, while the Stones soundchecked - and it sounded as if they were rehearsing Angry instead of just running through it because Mick sounded in key.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1342
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home