Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 24 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 24, 2024 11:16

Jalfstra
No surprise warm-up clubshow this tour?

There hasn't been one since 2015.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2024 14:01

Topi
Jalfstra
No surprise warm-up clubshow this tour?

There hasn't been one since 2015.

Couple corporate/private warm up shows since then - Bellagio in '16, Foxboro in '21.
Likely no time left for a warm up for this one.. although both in '15 (Fonda) and '16 (Bellagio) they played just four days before the opener.

Date: April 24, 2024 14:38

Yeah, I disregarded those corporate shows. I believe Fonda '15 remains the last small pre-tour show that people could get tickets to without an invite.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 15:51

Not surprised those rehearsal IEM recordings were taken down. Got to listen to them once last night. The band sounded really good!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 24, 2024 20:23

keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146
They are really mixing it up this time! Wow!!
First tour since 2007 with no Honky Tonk Woman before introductions and omitted Midnight Rambler, probably in favor of Sweet Sounds Of Heaven.

Speechless, Midnight Rambler is clearly the highlight of almost every show, i doubt its dropped for the reason of including a new track in its place, more likely Rambler is just too demanding physically for Mick now.

That's ridiculous.

Also, it's not played at even "almost every show" - not in 1978, 1981, 1982, 1994, 1997 and 1998.

It's not ridiculous, Rambler has been the highlight of the shows for the past 25 years, it brings out the best in Ronnie who has been brilliant with the exception of the last tour, but I'm sure Ronnie will be great again on Rambler if it's played.
Mick absolutely shines on Rambler and his energy output on this number is nothing short of spectacular but perhaps at 80 it's a little too demanding.

At 80, it seems like it's time for Keith to stop playing such aggressive chordal phrasings. He had issues with Gimme Shelter in 2019, when he was 76, so something long and demanding as Midnight Rambler should be retired.

Now that is ridiculous and I'm guessing you know it.

I'm guessing you know that he's pointing out the ridiculosity of your previous statement by throwing it right back at you.

Or maybe that fine point eluded you?!

Yeah a bit of harmless banter between me and gaslight, but what's it got to do with you. I thought we avoid each other, i think that's best.

Well...I have to hand it to you. We agree on something!

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: April 24, 2024 23:10

rogerriffin

BTW being I missed this just what was it?, what did you all see / hear?

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 23:36

Anyone have staging insights on tech the Stones will use? This is interesting.

Since staging is in this thread, I'll mention that I've commented on Stones using advanced tech through their career several times. But now I've seen Taylor Swift and Beyonce shows which were technically amazing.

As an ex-IBMer, I just got a training link to learn about how the Swift org used AI in several places for live adjustments: ticket sales, spotlights, merch, stage floor lighting, LED walls, pyro, and real-time audio adjustment (a big deal in crappy SoFi stadium). This is a ton of work on huge masses of data, so for the moment I believe only huge acts can do this kind of stuff. And only if they want to.

Don't know if it's worth it for the Stones to go down such paths..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-24 23:37 by tommyturbo76.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2024 00:25

usetobesampeg

Some short audio recordings from the rehearsals, made from in-ear monitors (IEM), nothing more.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 25, 2024 01:04

The Rolling Stones are rehearsing at the NRG stadium in Houston Texas this week. Yesterday I could hear they did "Sad Sad Sad", among others, but I left. The NRG is a closed dome. Traffic noise in the area is just crazy, roads all over. Also, staff at the NRG ask me all the time why I am on a public sidewalk. I will not ruin the great experiences from LA, where studio staff were all friendly, so I will wait for the actual show on Sunday.

Bjornulf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-25 01:12 by bv.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: April 25, 2024 02:17

I think it is with in the IORR posting rules to give a report from the stadium. I jogged around NRG today having just arrived in town earlier today and noted some info for Sunday;

Floor entry through the South Amegy Bank gate, Will call/ticket sales window here open and no line now

Red trucks lined up on north side
Hot sunny side

Security tight near red trucks/performers entrance. Stopped me from entering.

Regarding other fans: No other usual suspects spotted. Actually no fans. So I expected there were no Stones here.

I walked street to south side and entered gate to will call. Accomplish my inquiry and I left and headed towards performers entrance, ie the wrong way.

Security shooded me away but conversed saying some of the band is here now and MJ startled them a few nights ago arriving unexpectedly.

Well just outside the gate up came 2 blacked out Mercedes. A window opened on my side in the second car and I thought it was going to be the often affable Ronnie saying hello. I was surprised to see it was Mick! I clapped and got a look and little acknowledgment.

I hung around on the street and music starts a half hour after Jagger arrived. I can’t hear well and tried for a better spot. 3 songs have ended and I can’t decipher what’s being played. Sad, Sad, Sad? I can’t hear from the street and gates and the private grounds are now closed, as the unfriendly staff is yelling. I headed away.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 25, 2024 02:46

nice to hear

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: April 25, 2024 03:13

Irix
usetobesampeg

Some short audio recordings from the rehearsals, made from in-ear monitors (IEM), nothing more.

Ok Thanks Irix,
Cheers,

Date: April 25, 2024 04:21

just the album release party

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 25, 2024 07:23

bv
The Rolling Stones are rehearsing at the NRG stadium in Houston Texas this week. Yesterday I could hear they did "Sad Sad Sad", among others, but I left. The NRG is a closed dome. Traffic noise in the area is just crazy, roads all over. Also, staff at the NRG ask me all the time why I am on a public sidewalk. I will not ruin the great experiences from LA, where studio staff were all friendly, so I will wait for the actual show on Sunday.

Texas is always angry.

Us in Louisiana feel sorry for them.

In general.

Date: April 25, 2024 11:27

Irix
usetobesampeg

Two complete songs in that kind of sound quality is still a helluva lot more than what has surfaced out of studio rehearsals in a long while.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 25, 2024 11:38

Topi
Irix
usetobesampeg

Two complete songs in that kind of sound quality is still a helluva lot more than what has surfaced out of studio rehearsals in a long while.

That's quite spectacular indeed. I don't think something like that ever happened.

But also a bit worrisome to think about what a huge interception of their privacy this is. They could have told the biggest secrets there and somebody has it all on record. On the other hand, if they are using unencrypted analog wireless transmission, the possibility of this happening has to be expected.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 26, 2024 09:03

hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-26 10:47 by 5strings.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 26, 2024 15:15

Topi
Yeah, I disregarded those corporate shows. I believe Fonda '15 remains the last small pre-tour show that people could get tickets to without an invite.

The small shows were kind of a hangover from when they’d be spinning up the touring machine for the first time after several years - as they’ve toured every year since 2012 apart from 2020, it’s less necessary for them probably.

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: April 26, 2024 21:34

TheflyingDutchman
I also got an LA rehearsal recording of Monky Man. If people are interested "ll give it a boost.

If there is a chance to share this with me, it is my favorite Stones song and would love to hear it. Benjiboy1313@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: April 26, 2024 22:29

Benjiboy13
TheflyingDutchman
I also got an LA rehearsal recording of Monky Man. If people are interested "ll give it a boost.

If there is a chance to share this with me, it is my favorite Stones song and would love to hear it. Benjiboy1313@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!

I would like too, please. Many thanks !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-28 10:33 by rastakeith.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 27, 2024 02:58

Thank You in advence

mbozzi77@yahoo.com.ar

Posted by: Gustavo ()
Date: April 27, 2024 05:34

Could you share me too, please.
Thanks in advance.

gussiana6@gmail.com

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: April 27, 2024 12:20

Could you share me too, please.
Thanks in advance.
amerigeau@yahoo.fr

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 27, 2024 12:55

Can someone send Monkey Man to me please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-30 23:24 by spunky.

Date: April 27, 2024 13:27

Can someone send me Monkey Man please?

stassione@free.fr

Date: April 27, 2024 14:51

5strings
Can someone send me Monkey Man please?

[email protected]

Pour les Français uniquement !!

Ça fait deux jours qu'on nous promène avec ce fameux Monkey Man, qui en fait doit être une belle Arlésienne >grinning smiley<

For French people only!! We've been walking around with this famous Monkey Man for two days, who in fact must be a beautiful Arlesian***

*** Thus, an Arlesienne is someone that everyone talks about or that everyone expects, but who is discreet or remains absent (and this is what we mean by “playing the Arlesienne”).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-27 15:17 by 5strings.

Posted by: azizahans ()
Date: April 27, 2024 15:20

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 27, 2024 16:22

Any show rehearsal with the whole setlist in the stadium like in Madrid 2022?

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: April 27, 2024 18:26

Sweet sound
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: April 27, 2024 18:33

I also would like to receive the Monkey man rehearsal. Thank you very much!

alexanderpbenjamin@hotmail.com

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 24 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home