Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 23 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:40

keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146
They are really mixing it up this time! Wow!!
First tour since 2007 with no Honky Tonk Woman before introductions and omitted Midnight Rambler, probably in favor of Sweet Sounds Of Heaven.

Speechless, Midnight Rambler is clearly the highlight of almost every show, i doubt its dropped for the reason of including a new track in its place, more likely Rambler is just too demanding physically for Mick now.

That's ridiculous.

Also, it's not played at even "almost every show" - not in 1978, 1981, 1982, 1994, 1997 and 1998.

It's not ridiculous, Rambler has been the highlight of the shows for the past 25 years, it brings out the best in Ronnie who has been brilliant with the exception of the last tour, but I'm sure Ronnie will be great again on Rambler if it's played.
Mick absolutely shines on Rambler and his energy output on this number is nothing short of spectacular but perhaps at 80 it's a little too demanding.

At 80, it seems like it's time for Keith to stop playing such aggressive chordal phrasings. He had issues with Gimme Shelter in 2019, when he was 76, so something long and demanding as Midnight Rambler should be retired.

Now that is ridiculous and I'm guessing you know it.

I'm guessing you know that he's pointing out the ridiculosity of your previous statement by throwing it right back at you.

Or maybe that fine point eluded you?!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:50

rogerriffin

You made my day with those uploads, thank you very kindly.

However I find it very rude of you to always include a teaser of another song at the end, now I wanna hear beast of burden in full spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:56

Thanks for sharing

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 23, 2024 20:04

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146
First tour since 2007 with no Honky Tonk Woman before introductions and omitted Midnight Rambler, probably in favor of Sweet Sounds Of Heaven.

Speechless, Midnight Rambler is clearly the highlight of almost every show, i doubt its dropped for the reason of including a new track in its place, more likely Rambler is just too demanding physically for Mick now.

That's ridiculous.

Also, it's not played at even "almost every show" - not in 1978, 1981, 1982, 1994, 1997 and 1998.

It's not ridiculous, Rambler has been the highlight of the shows for the past 25 years, it brings out the best in Ronnie who has been brilliant with the exception of the last tour, but I'm sure Ronnie will be great again on Rambler if it's played.
Mick absolutely shines on Rambler and his energy output on this number is nothing short of spectacular but perhaps at 80 it's a little too demanding.

At 80, it seems like it's time for Keith to stop playing such aggressive chordal phrasings. He had issues with Gimme Shelter in 2019, when he was 76, so something long and demanding as Midnight Rambler should be retired.

I'm guessing you know that he's pointing out the ridiculosity of your previous statement by throwing it right back at you.

Yeah a bit of harmless banter between me and gaslight, but what's it got to do with you. I thought we avoid each other, i think that's best.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 23, 2024 20:08

rogerriffin

Thank you!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 23, 2024 20:10

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

I really had to focus when writing that because I was trying not to fall off my chair laughing yet still focus on remembering how my face went numb when Keith slaughtered Gimme Shelter in 2019 and my girlfriend turned to me and said what's wrong? and I said Keith can't count anymore! and that they really probably should stop doing that song and the Tinkerbell version of SFTD has got to be stopped.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: April 23, 2024 20:22

Here's hoping we're blessed with a full on rehearsal bootleg at some point, these IEM tapes sound great. Thanks to those providing!

Date: April 23, 2024 20:38

GasLightStreet
dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
dedospegajosos
I would love a high quality live session of the new songs. Kinda like "Stripped".

Btw which songs of HD did not get rehearsed?

Rolling Stone Blues and Driving Me Too Hard. Some of them played Get Close, but not the whole band, methinks.

Damn! I was hoping to hear Get Close, my favorite. DMTH is understandable I guess, Icant imagine Mick being very fond of that one..I hope they do Depending On You, with that beautiful Ronnie solo..

Dammit. I was hoping they'd do Driving - it's a snarly song. Depending On You - where are the people that love to say such and such is too slow for a stadium etc? Yet no one leaves for Fool To Cry or Angie... but I think that Depending On You is way too slow for a stadium and TJMHO IMHO because IMO and, you know, it's, like, too slow.

Depending on you isn't that slow actually. It's 80 BPM - for comparison: Fool To Cry is 68 BPM, Wild Horses around 70 BPM. Depending on you is actually a mid tempo ballad.

However - as they already got Sweet Sounds and YCAGWYW in there I suppose we won't hear Depending On You too often.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 23, 2024 20:47

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

I really had to focus when writing that because I was trying not to fall off my chair laughing yet still focus on remembering how my face went numb when Keith slaughtered Gimme Shelter in 2019 and my girlfriend turned to me and said what's wrong? and I said Keith can't count anymore! and that they really probably should stop doing that song and the Tinkerbell version of SFTD has got to be stopped.

And then three years later sober he nails it, 2 minutes 30 sec sent shivers down my spine.
[youtu.be]

Date: April 23, 2024 21:08

keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

And then three years later sober he nails it, 2 minutes 30 sec sent shivers down my spine.
[youtu.be]

He flubbed that intro as well. Jesus. The solo is ok, a little better than the New Orleans show.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 23, 2024 21:14

StonedRambler
rogerriffin

You made my day with those uploads, thank you very kindly.

However I find it very rude of you to always include a teaser of another song at the end, now I wanna hear beast of burden in full spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Please Beast of Burden, anyway rogerriffin you have been so nice to share 2 rehearsals numbers in such good quality !!
Thanks you kindly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-23 21:17 by 5strings.

Date: April 23, 2024 21:18

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

[youtu.be]

He flubbed that intro as well. Jesus. The solo is ok, a little better than the New Orleans show.

Give Keith a break, the man has bad arthritis and obviously some licks are always gonna be a bit rough because of that. Still that doesn't change that the shows are still great

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 23, 2024 21:31

rogerriffin

thanks again

now it's hard to tell with the mix but listening thru headphones at very high volume i didn't hear one bum note from keith during his solos or the rest of the song!eye popping smileygrinning smiley

this is gonna be a great toursmiling smiley

Date: April 23, 2024 21:31

StonedRambler
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

[youtu.be]

Give Keith a break, the man has bad arthritis and obviously some licks are always gonna be a bit rough because of that. Still that doesn't change that the shows are still great

StonedRambler... you've completely missed the context.

Never said the shows weren't great. And I don't need to give anyone a break, especially when I've paid hundreds of dollars for a show, just like probably 98% of anyone that goes to see the Stones live, and because not one of them sees any of this and why would they care and I'm not concerned about anyone's FEELINGS on a fan board. From Scarf Me Up to Mick singing the wrong songs, it's hilarious, some people are tired of hearing SFTD by The Casio Stones, and some fans can admit, time to retire that tune.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 23, 2024 21:37

GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

[youtu.be]

Never said the shows weren't great. And I don't need to give anyone a break, especially when I've paid hundreds of dollars for a show, just like probably 98% of anyone that goes to see the Stones live, and because not one of them sees any of this and why would they care and I'm not concerned about anyone's FEELINGS on a fan board. From Scarf Me Up to Mick singing the wrong songs, it's hilarious, some people are tired of hearing SFTD by The Casio Stones, and some fans can admit, time to retire that tune.

Sorry for you man , you are born the wrong years, you had to be there in 1973

Date: April 23, 2024 21:47

5strings
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

[youtu.be]

Sorry for you man , you are born the wrong years, you had to be there in 1973

Bootlegs, mate. BRUSSELS. Etc.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 23, 2024 21:50

Back to rehearsals talk. Please!

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 22:09

Do we have the Monkey Man recording? I’d love to hear that one

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: April 23, 2024 22:15

TW2019
Do we have the Monkey Man recording? I’d love to hear that one

Yes please !

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 23, 2024 23:11

I am counting at least twelve - 12 - quoting levels in an endless quote argument here. Normal common sense discussions say a maximum of 1-2 or up to 3 quotes. Why this endless bar fight quoting competition?

Keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet

... and so on and on and on and on and on and on !!!!!

Please give me a break. Stop quoting. At least beyond the point of two or three. It is just ridiculous, and I have to throw in an hour or more work in cleaning up in this stupid never-ending argument. Please show some respect. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: April 24, 2024 00:22

i'd also like to hear that monkey man recordingsmiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-24 00:29 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 24, 2024 00:31

Monkey man yes please!

grossermuck24@web.de

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 24, 2024 01:29

rogerriffin

Dang! I was looking forward to hearing that.

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 04:09

Rumors are The Stones are doing a 2 hour run through/rehearsal of their Jazz Fest set at The Fairgrounds in New Orleans at some time time next Wed 5/1, most likely late morning/early afternoon. It makes sense as they will not be able to do a proper soundcheck the day that they are playing unless they did it at 8-9am which would upset some of the neighbors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-24 04:21 by jjazznola69.

Date: April 24, 2024 05:26

We should all be happy they are giving us a great show on Saturday instead of fussing over the songs they will play. We all should know by now there are 10 or 12 songs that Mick has stated they have to play so we will get them. This is where they are.

I am happy with whatever comes along and like many others hope they throw in a few obscure songs as well as a few new ones.

We can all be happier, but we should be happy with what we get nowadays. Anything is a bonus. Let's be grateful.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 24, 2024 06:37

You kinda knew those rehearsal recordings would get taken down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-24 06:40 by Topi.

Date: April 24, 2024 07:16

bv
I am counting at least twelve - 12 - quoting levels in an endless quote argument here. Normal common sense discussions say a maximum of 1-2 or up to 3 quotes. Why this endless bar fight quoting competition?

Keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet

... and so on and on and on and on and on and on !!!!!

Please give me a break. Stop quoting. At least beyond the point of two or three. It is just ridiculous, and I have to throw in an hour or more work in cleaning up in this stupid never-ending argument. Please show some respect. Thank you.

Sorry, BV.

We get caught up... it's fun, sometimes, usually, but not for you. I get it. It won't happen anymore.

Date: April 24, 2024 07:29

damn and i hadn't downloaded that on yet

oh well at least i got to listen to it

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: April 24, 2024 08:15

Damn I missed it, is it anywhere else? anyone save it?

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: April 24, 2024 11:12

No surprise warm-up clubshow this tour?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 23 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home