Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 18, 2024 06:38

drinking smileysmileys with beersmoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The excitement is bubbling nicely!!
I honestly don’t care what’s played so long as we hear a good few of the HD tunes over the course of the tour.

Date: April 18, 2024 06:59

smileys with beer

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 18, 2024 07:07

Jonathan Ruiz on FB

Rolling Stones Ensayo 17 Abril - Los Angeles - Ca
Start me up
Get off of my cloud
Angry
Out of time
Mess it up
She’s a rainbow
Sweet sound
Tumbling Dice
Like a Rolling Stone
Honky Tonk women
Whole wide world
Beast of burden
Emotional rescue
Fool to cry
Gimme shelter
Midnight rambler

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 18, 2024 07:38

If you want to be surprised about the set list for this tour, then this thread is not the place to be. I have been so lucky to hear what they are working on for this tour, and much to my surprise, they have been rehearsing nine out of the twelve tracks of their new album Hackney Diamonds during the past two weeks of rehearsals.

I will guess they do five - 5 - songs from their new album on opening night. Angry", "Mess It Up" and "WWW" are great every time they do these songs. Then they will probably do "Sweet Sounds of Heaven" and "Tell Me Straight".

"Bite My Head Off" and "Sword" have been rehearsed many times as well, also "Depending On You" and "Dreamy Skies" have been tried out.

Today they were running through one of the most powerful songs I have ever got as a series of opening songs; ten songs just at the same high level, working well together, of which three are from their new album.

If you are still thinking about going to any of the shows in USA and Canada, then go, go go. Get your tickets now. Houston will be a magic opening night. They might do one or two songs they will not perform again, but hopefully we will get the intro they did tonight many times this spring and summer. I just love it.

I am like a kid just before Xmas. I know I have been looking a bit into what is coming, but for sure Sunday April 28 will be a party and a show to be remembered for a long time. Be there, if you can, or if not, try another of the 19 shows scheduled for this tour.

Bjornulf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 08:06 by bv.

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: April 18, 2024 08:04

bv
If you want to be surprised about the set list for this tour, then this thread is not the place to be. I have been so lucky to hear what they are working on for this tour, and much to my surprise, they have been rehearsing nine out of the twelve tracks of their new album Hackney Diamonds during the past two weeks of rehearsals.

I will guess they do five - 5 - songs from their new album on opening night. Angry", "Mess It Up" and "WWW" are great every time they do these songs. Then they will probably do "Sweet Sounds of Heaven" and "Tell Me Straight".
"Bite My Head Off" and "Sword" have been rehearsed many times as well, also "Depending On You" and "Dreamy Skies" have been tried out.

Today they were running through one of the most powerful songs I have ever got as a series of opening songs; ten songs just at the same high level, working well together, of which three are from their new album.

If you are still thinking about going to any of the shows in USA and Canada, then go, go go. Get your tickets now. Houston will be a magic opening night. They might do one or two songs they will not perform again, but hopefully we will get the intro they did tonight many times this spring and summer. I just love it.

I am like a kid just before Xmas. I know I have been looking a bit into what is coming, but for sure Sunday April 28 will be a party and a show to be remembered for a long time. Be there, if you can, or if not, try another of the 19 shows scheduled for this tour.
smileys with beerhot smiley

smiling bouncing smileythumbs upthumbs upthumbs up Thanks Bjornulf!!With everybody's kind permission, I officially crown you the 7th Stone!!!!!smileys with beersmiling bouncing smileythumbs updrinking smileydrinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 08:07 by bv.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2024 08:19

rogerriffin
Jonathan Ruiz on FB

Rolling Stones Ensayo 17 Abril - Los Angeles - Ca
Start me up
Get off of my cloud
Angry
Out of time
Mess it up
She’s a rainbow
Sweet sound
Tumbling Dice
Like a Rolling Stone
Honky Tonk women
Whole wide world
Beast of burden
Emotional rescue
Fool to cry
Gimme shelter
Midnight rambler

Oh please oh please. I want one of the shows I go to, to be this. Unreal.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2024 08:21

bv

wow, such absolute good news...thank you for sharing and looking forward to opening night! Whatever happened to periscope?!

Date: April 18, 2024 08:43

Start me up
Get off of my cloud (ROTATION)
Angry
Out of time
Mess it up (ROTATION NEW SONG)
She’s a rainbow (ROTATION)
Sweet sound
Tumbling Dice
Like a Rolling Stone (ROTATION)
Honky Tonk women

Keith Songs
Warhorse Time

Seems like a nice framework

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 18, 2024 10:42

treaclefingers

wow, such absolute good news...thank you for sharing and looking forward to opening night! Whatever happened to periscope?!

Periscope was discontinued back in 2021, but Facebook Live is one option for live sharing of feeds. I've watched some of Springsteen's shows that way.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 18, 2024 12:02

Stones rehearsing 9 new tracks.
Looks like the Stones are really going for it this tour without the safety net.
It's going to be great to hear new material the way it's supposed to sound with real vocals and real sounding guitars.
I'm not one for the computer enhanced over production and condensed sound, let's see what the Stones really sound like live and unleashed at age 80.
Come on boys you can do it without the tricks.smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2024 12:30

treaclefingers

Whatever happened to periscope?!

It was integrated into Twitter since March 2021 - [iorr.org] - but after that it was seemingly no longer used. "How to create live videos on X" - [Help.Twitter.com] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 18, 2024 14:22

"No Periscope-App for the US-Tour!"

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: April 18, 2024 14:43

A long time ago I noticed that rehearsed songs are much more appealing than songs performed on stage.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 18, 2024 14:59

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Start me up
Get off of my cloud (ROTATION)
Angry
Out of time
Mess it up (ROTATION NEW SONG)
She’s a rainbow (ROTATION)
Sweet sound
Tumbling Dice
Like a Rolling Stone (ROTATION)
Honky Tonk women

Keith Songs
Warhorse Time

Seems like a nice framework

Sounds awesome! Just one advice - maybe no scarf this time.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 15:57

JMARCOU
A long time ago I noticed that rehearsed songs are much more appealing than songs performed on stage.

I tend to agree with this. They rehearse a ton from their catalog, but when it comes to the real thing, it's puuuuuuuuuuuuuuure safety net. For me, all but a few warhorses can be retired and rotated out at this point. Break out new and different tracks from the extensive catalog!!!

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 18, 2024 16:20

keefriffhards
Stones rehearsing 9 new tracks.
Looks like the Stones are really going for it this tour without the safety net.
It's going to be great to hear new material the way it's supposed to sound with real vocals and real sounding guitars.
I'm not one for the computer enhanced over production and condensed sound, let's see what the Stones really sound like live and unleashed at age 80.
Come on boys you can do it without the tricks.smileys with beer

Absolutely! Good point!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 18, 2024 17:46

VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU

I tend to agree with this. They rehearse a ton from their catalog, but when it comes to the real thing, it's puuuuuuuuuuuuuuure safety net. For me, all but a few warhorses can be retired and rotated out at this point. Break out new and different tracks from the extensive catalog!!!

As said a lot of times before. The reason for that is not that the Stones need a "safety net" but rather that the average stadium audience wants to hear all the hits. They notice what works in stadium setting and what engages the audience.

Im my opinion some of the less played songs like Bitch or Can't You Hear Me Knocking were even played better at the 2022 tour than Sympathy for example. But of course they need to include Sympathy because everyone wants to hear it

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 18, 2024 17:57

bv

Just guess (surmising) that Lady Gaga will be at least at the NJ shows. Her hometown and the band is practicing Sweet Sounds of Heaven.

IMHO the Stones need a new opener. Let It Rock was great in '78. How about Respectable for '24?

Bite My Head Off would be a great opener (as well as my favorite song Whole Wide World) but I can't imaging the band opening with a new track, even if they jump right into Start Me Up before they pause and greet their audience.

I love "Depending on You." I'd love to have the Stones perform that number in front of me in concert.

Date: April 18, 2024 18:26

Angry would be a great opener.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 18, 2024 23:09

I always thought Just Wanna See His Face would be great intro music before the first song---"Let the music relax your mind..."

(with a 2024 Remix, ofc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 23:11 by Send It To me.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: April 18, 2024 23:55

bv

BV, are you referring to these ten songs?

Start Me Up
Get Off Of My Cloud
Angry
Out of Time
Mess It Up
She's a Rainbow
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tumbling Dice
Like a Rolling Stone
Honky Tonk Women

Seems like a solid framework for the first half of the show to me but it does produce a few questions.

Will "Out of Time" be back as a regular like it was in 2022? Personally, for this tour I think that spot should go to Shattered as it works well with HD's themes and imagery.

If SSOH is taking the ~7th spot in the setlist where does that leave YCAGWYW? Although I could be mistaken, I haven't heard any reports of it being rehearsed this time.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 18, 2024 23:58

Thanks bv for that exciting post ! Feels like it's 1792 all over again ;-)
It sounds SMU could be the opener then, that would work even if Angry would work too I'm sure. Hey maybe that will give Mick the opportunity to strap on a guitar.

I'm surprised they haven't found anything to replace "Out of Time", guess it worked too well in Europe in 2022.

Hoping for some good streams on the 28th !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 19, 2024 00:03

Would LOVE to hear Out of Time!

Date: April 19, 2024 00:09

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 19, 2024 00:19

JMARCOU

That is because they try out a lot, and some songs never work as they expect, so they just move on. The "final product" is looking great now, I don't think it could have been better. Houston will be great.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 19, 2024 00:44

I love an excited BV! A little over a week away before we start to Roll!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 19, 2024 00:53

StonedRambler
VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU

As said a lot of times before. The reason for that is not that the Stones need a "safety net" but rather that the average stadium audience wants to hear all the hits. They notice what works in stadium setting and what engages the audience.

Im my opinion some of the less played songs like Bitch or Can't You Hear Me Knocking were even played better at the 2022 tour than Sympathy for example. But of course they need to include Sympathy because everyone wants to hear it

The only warhorses I need at every show are BS and JFF and they’ve already taken one from that list!!!!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 19, 2024 01:04

bv
JMARCOU

That is because they try out a lot, and some songs never work as they expect, so they just move on. The "final product" is looking great now, I don't think it could have been better. Houston will be great.

Thanks for posting that great setlist Bjornulf. Honestly, it made my day. See you in Houston and beyond…

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 19, 2024 02:48

can t wait

Date: April 19, 2024 04:20

18/4/2024
By now...
Sympathy
Gimme Shelter
Miss You
Paint it black
Bitch
She’s so cold

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home