Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 3, 2024 04:48

The actual production rehearsals likely will be in the stadium in Houston the days before. Stadium stages are mostly cookie cutter anyway.

Depending on the set up it's probably the least complicated aspect. I am sure the lights, video, etc are 90%+ just carried over from past tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-03 09:22 by Dan.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 3, 2024 11:12

Dan
The actual production rehearsals likely will be in the stadium in Houston the days before. Stadium stages are mostly cookie cutter anyway.

Depending on the set up it's probably the least complicated aspect. I am sure the lights, video, etc are 90%+ just carried over from past tours.

I dearly hope that they get rid off that horribke 'Sixty'-stage

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: April 3, 2024 14:23

In day light the Sixty stage was kind of horrible but in the night during the show this stage work well with all the lightning’s.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 3, 2024 19:33

that's a interesting question that i haven't seen any rumors about

does anyone know anything about a new stage?

Date: April 3, 2024 20:36

fanch
In day light the Sixty stage was kind of horrible but in the night during the show this stage work well with all the lightning’s.

the Sixty stage was okay – as long you were somewhere in the middle and not too far away from stage. From anywhere else (further away from stage or somewhere on the sides) your view was either obstruced or the videos screens were too small.
Since the stage was build like a box you couldn't see much from the sides

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 4, 2024 06:42

Dan

With exception to STEEL WHEELS and, more so, VOODOO LOUNGE, you're probably close to being accurate - BRIDGES and onward have had, regardless of how and where the screen(s) is, similar. NO FILTER went on the longest of any Stones tour and based on what I've seen it never changed except for content.

The Sixty tour was outright boring stage wise. There was no talk, as I recall, for example, of Mick saying "It will be @#$%& huge" etc. It was just whatever and it certainly looked that way.

They're old enough now to where "carbon footprint" shouldn't matter (it's a scam anyway) so hopefully the 2024 stage will be outrageously huge in all matters sans that silly BANG stage with fans up in it.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: April 4, 2024 14:24

Yes the screen of the Sixty stage was too small, for this new tour the most important is to got back very big screen. I really love the No filter stage, so simple but so beautiful with all video work during the show !

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 4, 2024 17:33

houston coming fast....any idea what the band want to promote.new era..bv you been quiet??

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 4, 2024 17:45

kkhoranstoned

any idea what the band want to promote

From [RollingStones.com] : "Fans can expect to experience Mick, Keith and Ronnie play their most popular hits ranging from 'Start Me Up,' 'Gimme Shelter,' 'Jumpin’ Jack Flash,' 'Satisfaction' and more, as well as fan favourite deep cuts and music from their new album HACKNEY DIAMONDS".

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 4, 2024 18:17

Irix
kkhoranstoned

From [RollingStones.com] : "Fans can expect to experience Mick, Keith and Ronnie play their most popular hits ranging from 'Start Me Up,' 'Gimme Shelter,' 'Jumpin’ Jack Flash,' 'Satisfaction' and more, as well as fan favourite deep cuts and music from their new album HACKNEY DIAMONDS".

Business as usual then ! But it'll be great to see them onstage once again ! Defying the laws of - so to say !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 4, 2024 20:12

Irix
kkhoranstoned

nothing new on the Western front, I'd say…

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 4, 2024 23:30

Irix
kkhoranstoned

No spoilers please!

winking smiley

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 5, 2024 00:15

fanch
Yes the screen of the Sixty stage was too small, for this new tour the most important is to got back very big screen. I really love the No filter stage, so simple but so beautiful with all video work during the show !

Yes, the stage with simple huge screens was the best they ever had.

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: April 5, 2024 03:57

They should have a 2 huge screens on either side of the main middle stage that projects the image of all the different stages dating back to 1981. The stage projected can change with different songs. I would love to see the 81/82 stage shown on the screens as they played SMU.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: April 5, 2024 07:28

I'm hoping for a stage similar to what Taylor Swift is using, just a giant screen that everyone in the stadium can see

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 5, 2024 10:30

That's where the technology has changed to require a different mind set for stage design.

25 and 30 years ago the screen technology wasn't so good and certainly wasn't up to being the main focus of the stage.

So to make a real statement you needed a lot of fancy architecture.

The potential size and the brightness we have in today's screens totally redefines the parameters to the point where little else is needed.

This is something I think the band could now benefit greatly from with a little adjustment of perceptions.

With the screens we have today it's not necessary for an 80 year old Mick to be running around the stage like a mad b*stard in order to put on a show.

These huge screens really would allow a much more intimate theatre or club type performance to work in a football stadium.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: April 5, 2024 11:17

FeelslikeaGhost
I'm hoping for a stage similar to what Taylor Swift is using, just a giant screen that everyone in the stadium can see

Yeah, that would be great

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 5, 2024 15:57

While it's a great idea and certainly the Stones have been pioneers for stages, it doeasn't make a lot of sense to design and build an entire new stage etc for these mini tours that they do now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-05 15:57 by Jeter1984.

Date: April 5, 2024 16:20

Jeter1984
While it's a great idea and certainly the Stones have been pioneers for stages, it doeasn't make a lot of sense to design and build an entire new stage etc for these mini tours that they do now.

they should use recycle the NoFilter stage and everything's fine

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 5, 2024 16:28

It's not about the stage itself like it used to be. It's about having screens as large as possible and having good content for the video show.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 5, 2024 21:05

slewan
Jeter1984

they should use recycle the NoFilter stage and everything's fine

+100 .. my favorite, simple and got the job done

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 5, 2024 22:54

I didn't like the semi-circular screen directly behind the band in 2013. Was better when they shrunk it and moved it above the performers.

Date: April 6, 2024 20:45

Spud

With the screens we have today it's not necessary for an 80 year old Mick to be running around the stage like a mad b*stard in order to put on a show.

These huge screens really would allow a much more intimate theatre or club type performance to work in a football stadium.

I'm paying to see Mick Jagger running around the stage like a mad b*stard. Would be disappointed if he didn't.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 6, 2024 20:52

StonedRambler
Spud

I'm paying to see Mick Jagger running around the stage like a mad b*stard. Would be disappointed if he didn't.

When I saw him two years ago he didn't run a single time. Only a single sprint during Honky Tonk Women. He's 80 years old..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-06 20:53 by NilsHolgersson.

Date: April 6, 2024 21:03

NilsHolgersson
StonedRambler
Spud

When I saw him two years ago he didn't run a single time. Only a single sprint during Honky Tonk Women. He's 80 years old..

Well that's the one! To prove he still can winking smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 6, 2024 21:52

StonedRambler
NilsHolgersson
StonedRambler
Spud

Mick hasn't run around the stage for a long time, it's walking, clapping and waving mostly, the ultimate Redcoat entertainer, come on boys and girls it's audience participation time.

Not Fade Away was a brilliant opener, Mick didn't like it because he judges songs by the level of clapping and waving, it is what it is, he's not going to change now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-06 21:56 by keefriffhards.

Date: April 6, 2024 23:36

keefriffhards
StonedRambler
NilsHolgersson
StonedRambler
Spud

Mick hasn't run around the stage for a long time, it's walking, clapping and waving mostly, the ultimate Redcoat entertainer, come on boys and girls it's audience participation time.

Not Fade Away was a brilliant opener, Mick didn't like it because he judges songs by the level of clapping and waving, it is what it is, he's not going to change now.

They did Sympathy in 2017. Was a welcome change. I still prefer a high energy song as an opener though.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 7, 2024 02:29

keefriffhards

Very interesting description there! ("Redcoat"). And I mean interesting in a jolly good way!

Having been brought up in the UK in the 1960's I know what it means, but do our friends and fellow fans around the world get it?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-07 03:43 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 7, 2024 03:12

Butlin

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 7, 2024 03:43

Rockman
Butlin

Butlin's

It was a chain of inexpensive holiday camps that were popular in the 1950s and 1960s in the UK.

Enthusiastic entertainers were a hallmark. And they wore red coats.

Ultra nerds will know that when The Beatles sacked Pete Best Lennon & McCartney went off to get Ringo from a residency he had with his then band.... playing in a Butlin's Holiday Camp.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-07 03:46 by CaptainCorella.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2222
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home