Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi OT : Jodorowsky's Dune
Posted by: Putty ()
Date: March 5, 2024 19:40

Did not know that Mick was casted. Too bad it never happened.
Many dearing artist’s and visionaries behind this project.

In December 1974, a French consortium led by Jean-Paul Gibon purchased the film rights from APJ, with director Alejandro Jodorowsky set to direct.[3] Along with French producer Michel Seydoux, Jodorowsky proceeded to approach, among others, Virgin Records with the prog rock groups Tangerine Dream, Gong and Mike Oldfield before settling on Pink Floyd and Magma for some of the music; artists H. R. Giger, Chris Foss and Jean Giraud for set and character design; Dan O'Bannon for special effects; and Salvador Dalí, Orson Welles, Gloria Swanson, David Carradine, Mick Jagger, Udo Kier, Amanda Lear and others for the cast.[4] Jodorowsky intended his son Brontis, 12 years old at the start of pre-production, to star as Paul Atreides

[en.wikipedia.org].

Re: Semi OT : Jodorowsky's Dune
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 5, 2024 19:54

I never really recovered from the first time I was forced to watch El Topo. Can't imagine what his Dune would have done to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-05 19:54 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 5, 2024 20:03

RollingFreak
I never really recovered from the first time I was forced to watch El Topo. Can't imagine what his Dune would have done to me.
Second this.
Actually, there is a documentary. He tells the story how they were planing his version of Dune. Just search youtube.
The funny thing is that a lot of graphic images were recycled in Bladerunner, Alien, Promehteus and even Indiana Jones and Star Wars winking smiley.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 5, 2024 20:04

ironbelly
RollingFreak
Second this.
Actually, there is a documentary. He tells the story how they were planing his version of Dune. Just search youtube.
The funny thing is that a lot of graphic images were recycled in Bladerunner, Alien, Promehteus and even Indiana Jones and Star Wars winking smiley.

I've heard about it but never seen it. Heard it really influenced so much that came after. He's definitely a visionary.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 6, 2024 00:12

I like how at the end, where Jodorowsky said after he's gone, he hopes a cgi version is made, based on the storyboards. It still wouldn't have that 70's vibe, but it'd be cool anyways, probably.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 6, 2024 16:43

He was supposed to be asked by Peter Gabriel to do a film based on the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway concept album.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: March 6, 2024 23:44

The documentary is Jodorowsky's Dune by Frank Pavich - 2013

Although the storyboards is just insane I get serious doubt about this transcribed on screen by that man.

I highly recommand to watch it.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 7, 2024 19:58

I read that some projects did exist in order to adapt the famous comic series "La caste des Méta Barons" by Jodorowsky and Moebius involving Luc Besson and later Taika Waititi. I am not sure if these projects are still ongoing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2129
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home