Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Bobby Tench
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 23, 2024 05:32

Another unsung musical hero gone.
He was a singer and guitarist of his very own.

[dmme.net]

Re: OT: RIP Bobby Tench
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 23, 2024 07:15

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Probably Rough & Ready and the Orange Album are the two LPs I have span the most from my Jeff Beck collection. To me they sound more of a band effort with a "fuller" sound than on the two previous albums with Rod and Ronnie.

I have always wondered about Bobby Tench's relationship with Jeff Beck. They never reunited after Beck went his own way leaving the Jeff Beck Group and I have not read any comments from Beck on Bobby Tench's contribution to his musical adventures.

A great voice he had. He will be missed.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 23, 2024 07:37

Bobby Tench was a real pro. Saw him with the re-formed Humble Pie at the Country Club in Reseda in 1981. Great musician.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 23, 2024 19:39

RIP

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 24, 2024 07:17

loog droog
Bobby Tench was a real pro. Saw him with the re-formed Humble Pie at the Country Club in Reseda in 1981. Great musician.

I brought a close friend of mine to a club called "Uncle Sam's"—a Buffalo suburb—to see Humble Pie in April 1981. I always wondered who the black guy was in the group. I knew Steve Marriott and Jerry Shirley were in the reformed band. We were standing right in front of the stage between Marriott and Tench. It was an intense, cool feeling back then seeing this group 4 feet in front of me jamming away.

RIP Bobby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home