Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Steel Wheels Session 2 hour 40 min video
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 10, 2024 14:55

video: [www.youtube.com]

Apologies if this is posted before, I couldn't find it.

Just came across this on youtube and the comment section had people saying what a gem it was and were afraid it might be taken down soon.
Great footage of Rock and a Hard Place and Mixed Emotions plus some casual chat in between. The first half hour is just them having dinner so probably not that entertaining to watch winking smiley

Interseting to see the dynamics between them. Bill basically keeps to himself whilst playing and it's Mick, Keith and Ronnie that are playing off eachother. Keith slowly getting drunk during the session is also quite comical to watch.

Enjoy

Cheers,
Wuudy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-10 15:04 by Wuudy.

Re: Steel Wheels Session 2 hour 40 min video
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 10, 2024 15:37

Thankyou, Wuudy, looks interesting.

Posted by: sotob ()
Date: February 10, 2024 15:40

Great stuff - Thanks

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: February 10, 2024 16:34

Taking a look at the other forum (Buy/Sell/Trade) now and then can be useful... winking smiley

[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-10 16:36 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 10, 2024 17:42

What I particularly like about this is, that the Stones can be watched as working men, colleagues who talk to each other in an ordinary way. In the nineties they started to promote themselves like statesmen: Photos in jets, photos in front of and in limousines. Keith Richards began to express himself mostly through laughter and endless "Hoho, haha, you know...". In these videos one can catch some dialogues.

Date: February 11, 2024 02:37

Wuudy

Just came across this on youtube and the comment section had people saying what a gem it was and were afraid it might be taken down soon.
Great footage of Rock and a Hard Place and Mixed Emotions plus some casual chat in between. The first half hour is just them having dinner so probably not that entertaining to watch winking smiley

Interseting to see the dynamics between them. Bill basically keeps to himself whilst playing and it's Mick, Keith and Ronnie that are playing off eachother. Keith slowly getting drunk during the session is also quite comical to watch.

Enjoy

Great to watch. Thanks for finding this. It's interesting to see who brought what exactly to ME. It was obviously a Keith thing from Day 1, but Jagger had that long "ocean" from the first go-round. You're right: Keith is getting sauced, haha... You can see how this is not really Jagger's zone, working like that.
But wow, from the genesis of the 2 guys crowing along out of tune, to 2:28:00, and Jagger dancing in the control room is pretty awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-11 02:44 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 11, 2024 03:43

this video was originally shared here on iorr by imthemastah a few weeks ago along with a similar video from the voodoo lounge sessions of the mixing and over dubbing of several songs

then remastered video and audio was shared by blueturns2grey and stoneyroad here shortly after (check wiredallnight's above links for those)

the video on youtube is the unremastered original video first shared here by imthemastah

incidentally the same person on youtube also has the video from the voodoo lounge sessions

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 11, 2024 13:35

wiredallnight
Taking a look at the other forum (Buy/Sell/Trade) now and then can be useful... winking smiley

[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

Nice for mentioning this as answer if things are posted before. But these links are to transfers which are no longer active. smiling smiley
So I’m happy with the youtube link smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: February 11, 2024 13:56

ProfessorWolf
this video was originally shared here on iorr by imthemastah a few weeks ago along with a similar video from the voodoo lounge sessions of the mixing and over dubbing of several songs

then remastered video and audio was shared by blueturns2grey and stoneyroad here shortly after (check wiredallnight's above links for those)

the video on youtube is the unremastered original video first shared here by imthemastah

Unfortunately the original video on YouTube has the wrong aspect ratio (16:9 instead of 4:3) and so the boys look all a bit fat... grinning smiley

Date: February 11, 2024 14:18

ProfessorWolf

incidentally the same person on youtube also has the video from the voodoo lounge sessions

Thanks Professor. Also very cool. To me seeing the VL clips, is as frustrating as listening to Brew, Stew. It shows once again how good VL could have been. "Baby Break it Down" has the guitars sparkling with energy. And YGMR with that SaX, and the Toms is a powerhouse, The eventual song sel;ection, mix, mastering took every bit of life out of that album.
Couldn't make out what Ronnie was trying get across, when Keith shuts him down, once again, saying 'we're making an album of songs, not guitar solos'.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: February 11, 2024 14:43

Wuudy

Enjoy

Many many thanks!!smileys with beer

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: February 11, 2024 16:10

The birth and evolution of Mixed Emotions to the final version is fantastic. It deserves a higher quality video

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: February 11, 2024 16:15

Bill is a mystery to me.

During that recording session he appears as a very aloof person. Almost no communication with his band mates. A rare smile.

On the other hand he was over decades the band´s collector, chronicler and archivist. With passion and dedication. Feels like the Rolling Stones are the love of his life.

What a contradiction.

Priest

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: February 11, 2024 20:46

These are the best thing I’ve ever watched abut the band!

Date: February 12, 2024 00:29

Thank you very much.

I would love for more recordings of this type to surface. Though I'd prefer they didn't... exist.I would spend hours and hours watching them without worrying about anything else.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 12, 2024 00:51

Palace Revolution 2000
ProfessorWolf

Thanks Professor. Also very cool. To me seeing the VL clips, is as frustrating as listening to Brew, Stew. It shows once again how good VL could have been. "Baby Break it Down" has the guitars sparkling with energy. And YGMR with that SaX, and the Toms is a powerhouse, The eventual song sel;ection, mix, mastering took every bit of life out of that album.
Couldn't make out what Ronnie was trying get across, when Keith shuts him down, once again, saying 'we're making an album of songs, not guitar solos'.

you have a point

while i like the album a lot i'll admit listening to the outtakes is more interesting to me

same thing with dirty work and undercover

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home