Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anita
Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: December 7, 2005 11:58

What's she doing? Does Keith ever run in to her? Just wondering.

Re: Anita
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 7, 2005 12:03

Fairly rare, I´d s´pose as she lives in London & he in the US.
But a good Q. Makes you think.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: December 7, 2005 12:07

She was at Astoria in 2003 and met the Stones.

Date: December 7, 2005 12:08

I wouldn't have minded running into her in the early days...She was certainly beautiful...and according to her "a Rolling Stone"!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 7, 2005 13:42

I saw her a few months ago in London at a Marianne Faithfull concert. I stood right next to her outside as we both copped a pre-concert ciggie. Someone immediately came up and kept asking her questions - she obviously didn't appreciate it but just smiled very politely and sweetly while repeating "I don't know". The person finally got the hint and went away. She's still very slim and petite and was wearing black drainpipe trousers and some cool silver ankle boots.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 7, 2005 15:07

Anita? Anita is a very nice person. Always very pleasant to talk to. But understably shy when all you want to talk about is THE ROLLING STONES. Just like the Dunns as mentioned elsewhere on this board. A couple of years ago, a fan disrupted our conversation (without even introducing himself) and mumbled something like "Hey Anita! Bring me to Keith! I know you still can do it!". I mean, how much more silly and effectively rude can it get?

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 7, 2005 15:09

Somehow I thionk that Anita was recognized more as hger own person when she was stioll in the Stones cirlce than today. Man was she beautiful!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 7, 2005 15:34

I remember reading, was it some Keith interview or something - that they still are in good terms with each other. That she is like a relative to Keith somehow (of course, they have chidren together), and belongs to "his family". She's spent even Xmas with Richards clan (Patti and the rest). If I undrestood right Keith still somehow looks after her - the mother of his children- a true English gentleman he is!

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2005 16:21

Keith always sees Anita when he's back at Redlands,as far as I know. They're still on very good terms

In his Virgin Radio interview the other night he said he's going to be back in England in December to see his mum ("she's 90 this year - the old cow!") so I would imagine he'll spend some time with his 'other' family as well...

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 7, 2005 16:47

here's a website:

[members.aol.com]

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 7, 2005 17:24

I always read that she was a bitch. Am I wrong or.....?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 7, 2005 17:33

Last time I saw Anita was in 2003, Licks Tour, Wembley Arena. Thanks to somebody I got front row seats. Between the front row and the stage was the area for the family. Marlon was there with wife and kids. But also Anita. To me she looked great. Especially when the the Stones played Sympathy For The Devil. During the WOOHOO's she participated with great pleasure. That's when shivers went down my spine. I just realized that I was witnessing a great moment. She was there in the 60's when the song was recorded, and now she was doing it again. That was a great moment for me. Don't know if I expressed myself correct, hope you get what I mean.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 7, 2005 17:35

Rolling Hansie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last time I saw Anita was in 2003, Licks Tour,
> Wembley Arena. Thanks to somebody I got front row
> seats. Between the front row and the stage was the
> area for the family. Marlon was there with wife
> and kids. But also Anita. To me she looked great.
> Especially when the the Stones played Sympathy For
> The Devil. During the WOOHOO's she participated
> with great pleasure. That's when shivers went down
> my spine. I just realized that I was witnessing a
> great moment. She was there in the 60's when the
> song was recorded, and now she was doing it again.
> That was a great moment for me. Don't know if I
> expressed myself correct, hope you get what I
> mean.
>
> Keep On Rolling

Hoi Hans,

I remember you telling that after the show. Sjiek, sjiek

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 7, 2005 17:39

Thanks Harm
Yes that really was a great moment.
Are you online right now? BoardTalk maybe?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 7, 2005 18:31

It's nice to know that she is doing ok. I had read that she had let her self go but it sounds like she rebounded and got it together again.Any pics out there?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 7, 2005 18:35

Gazza Wrote:
Keith always sees Anita when he's back at Redlands,as far as I know. They're still on very good terms

I remember and interview in which Keith said he hasn't been to Redlands in 10 years because of tax reasons.

I heard Anita lives in London, Redlands is about 2 hours away. She's into fashion, or was a few years ago. She went studied at some fashion school in the 90's. I read about her in Vogue quite a bit. A lot of designers are inspired by her (Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui). Also, she is sometimes mentioned as hanging out with Kate Moss quite a bit.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 7, 2005 18:39

i hear she is pretty handy with a pistol???

Date: December 7, 2005 18:44

Well I think that event might have prompted Keith to hit the road at that point. No one was ever charged in that accident and the details were a bit clouded. Any body know the definitive story?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 7, 2005 19:52

Gazza Wrote:
> Keith always sees Anita when he's back at
> Redlands,as far as I know. They're still on very
> good terms
>
> In his Virgin Radio interview the other night he
> said he's going to be back in England in December
> to see his mum ("she's 90 this year - the old
> cow!") so I would imagine he'll spend some time
> with his 'other' family as well...

More cow-cozy-time I´d say...
Or how broadminded is Patti really?

Gary; is Basil Jagger still alive??

Kent; well she was a tuff b*tch once. Now I understood she´s
a bit more like you & me.

Some know in what countries/cities Keith´s older children live?

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 7, 2005 19:55

bassaleman Wrote:
> Well I think that event might have prompted Keith
> to hit the road at that point. No one was ever
> charged in that accident and the details were a
> bit clouded. Any body know the definitive story?

my understanding was she and the boy where pretty banged up...in westchester county, she went downstairs he was goofing w/ a 357 and BANG.....no charges .. wichcraft i dont think so but it was a tradgic event no question ...kieth and her where done after that.....read the bockris book !!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 8, 2005 01:22

On the subject of ex Stones wives/girlfriends, what ever happened to Chrissie Shrimpton, Mick's girlfriend from the early 60's? Was she ever in any movies?

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: December 8, 2005 01:45

[www.imdb.com]

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 8, 2005 02:00

CindyC Wrote:
>
> I remember and interview in which Keith said he
> hasn't been to Redlands in 10 years because of tax
> reasons.

Thats simply not true. He definitely spent time there after the UK shows in 1999 because a friend of mine saw him - and Anita was there too - and usually is back every year for a few weeks. he doesnt stay too LONg for tax reasons but our tax laws arent THAT punitive! It would make no sense to keep a house you havent been to in years!

>
> I heard Anita lives in London, Redlands is about 2
> hours away. She's into fashion, or was a few
> years ago. She went studied at some fashion
> school in the 90's. I read about her in Vogue
> quite a bit. A lot of designers are inspired by
> her (Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui). Also, she is
> sometimes mentioned as hanging out with Kate Moss
> quite a bit.

she does indeed live in London. I saw her at the Shepherds Bush show in '99. I assume she was at more recent London shows too.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 21, 2005 21:50

Hey Gazza,
I found the article that made me say this about Keith not going to Redlands. However, the article is a lot older than I thought. It's from Vanity Fair magazine, December 1992.

The article says:

"Stones history denies him access to his English home, Redlands, in Sussex. "I love the house so much," he says. "I've rented it out for the last 10 years, usually to executives and their families ---Australians, Americans, Germans. I can't set foot on the property. Tax. I can go to England, but I can't set foot on my own property. Lots of things about England I never understood".

See! I don't make this shit up. Just accumulating all this info for 25+ years, the details get sketchy.

Gazza Wrote:
> CindyC Wrote:
> > I remember an interview in which Keith said
> he
> > hasn't been to Redlands in 10 years because
> of tax
> > reasons.
>
> Thats simply not true. He definitely spent time
> there after the UK shows in 1999 because a friend
> of mine saw him - and Anita was there too -

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 22, 2005 01:53

The boy was indeed "pretty banged up." Shot dead in the head, in fact. This event took place & was publicized in the press just after "Up & Down" was published. Scott Cantrell, 16 or 17 years old, was hanging out in bed w/ Anita at her & Keith's CT home while KR was recording Emotional Rescue. Supposedly Cantrell was watching TV w/ Anita & killed himself playing Russian Roulette using a .38 Keith had bought on tour in '78. Anita was arrested & charged w/ possession of stolen firearms. Photographs in the press showed Anita to be bloated, unrecognizeable from her movie days. The NY Post & other sources also published rumors that A.P. was part of an witches' coven that made creepy noises at night. This pretty much ended the long common law marriage of Keith & Anita. A few months later ER came out with "All About You" as its closing track. Years later Anita, from my understanding, got off drugs, lost a lot of weight & went back to school.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: December 22, 2005 02:25

Certainly not a nice chapter in the life of Anita, or Keith for that matter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home