Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For Sale: 1975 Tour Speaker Cabinet
Posted by: DelcoProud ()
Date: February 1, 2024 21:03

London instrument dealer Denmark Street Guitars is selling what purports to be one of those white 4x12 speaker cabinets used on the 75 Tour, and its flight case. $9,999. The promotional email I received claims that Keith used it, though I don't know how they know it wasn't Ronnie's, and there's no Stones stenciling etc.that I can see. According to the shop, it was sold to The Who in the 80s and added to the inventory of a gear-for-hire outlet they owned. Don't see anything about whether the speakers themselves are original to the 75 Tour.

I assume that the info in the email I received will wind up on their website, but it's not there at this very moment:

[www.denmarkstreetonline.co.uk]

Re: For Sale: 1975 Tour Speaker Cabinet
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 2, 2024 02:43

There's also an Ampeg SVT head & 8x10 cab from the 1969 tour for sale in Cookeville TN (USA) for $9995 usd.

It's on Facebook marketplace, so no links, but I can provide the seller info if interested (I have zero affiliation).

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 2, 2024 10:42

DelcoProud
London instrument dealer Denmark Street Guitars is selling what purports to be one of those white 4x12 speaker cabinets used on the 75 Tour, and its flight case. $9,999. The promotional email I received claims that Keith used it, though I don't know how they know it wasn't Ronnie's, and there's no Stones stenciling etc.that I can see. According to the shop, it was sold to The Who in the 80s and added to the inventory of a gear-for-hire outlet they owned. Don't see anything about whether the speakers themselves are original to the 75 Tour.

I assume that the info in the email I received will wind up on their website, but it's not there at this very moment:

says it's out of stock ..

...wonder when they're getting some more ? grinning smiley

[I used to have some Sunn gear that belonged to The Who ...it was completely knackered ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-02 10:46 by Spud.

Date: February 2, 2024 11:05

In that web there is a 100 pound sold out item consisting of an Oasis set list written on a piece or paper. " Please Note we have multiple copies of each therefore the item received may have differing marks on it".
I'm going to offer them my collection of Elvis Presley guitars

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 2, 2024 13:07

Yes....well.

Denmark Street has been home to quite a few "wide boys" down the years.grinning smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 2, 2024 14:57

DelcoProud

It's from the 1976 tour, they used a flower motif on the front of the cabinets on the 1975 tour. It also is known they sold part of the 1976 tour stage and equipment to the Who. Darryl Jones is still using a white SVT from that tour, and also Wyman still has one. But the 1978 tour and the SVT's on the 1981 tour were all newer models.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-02 17:46 by Mathijs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home