Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brit Awards 2024 - The Rolling Stones nominated
Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: January 25, 2024 09:50

Rolling Stones nominated for brit awards

See rolling stones homepage for how to vote

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-25 15:11 by bv.

Re: Brit awards
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 25, 2024 14:13

Perhaps change the thread-title to 'Rolling Stones nominated for a BRIT AWARD' I don't suspect many here, outside the U.K., have heard of the event.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 25, 2024 14:58

Big Al
Perhaps change the thread-title to 'Rolling Stones nominated for a BRIT AWARD' I don't suspect many here, outside the U.K., have heard of the event.

And while you're at it, why not just add the link: [rollingstones.com]

Seems to be a trend here, posts with a somewhat vague title and limited info

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2024 15:02

Brit Awards 2024 - The Rolling Stones nominated

BRITs 2024 Nominees revealed (brits.co.uk)

2024 sees the first BRIT nomination for The Rolling Stones in over a decade; having been nominated four times previously in 1977, 1995, 1996 and 2013.

Brit Awards 2024 (RollingStones.com)

HOW TO VOTE
Voting is open worldwide 12pm GMT Feb 1st – 6pm GMT Feb 15th
The vote takes place on Instagram & you can vote up to 6 times per day

Bjornulf

Re: Brit Awards 2024 - The Rolling Stones nominated
Date: January 25, 2024 16:53

Thanks wolundamo, Koen, and bv.

Okay, then! Let's get voting, and get the Stones a Brit Award! Who knows? Perhaps, if they'll make an appearance.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 26, 2024 10:52

If you can only vote via Instagram, then that might prevent a lot of we old dinosaurs from joining in.

...Now if voting were by hand written letter only...our boys would walk it grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-26 10:57 by Spud.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2024 11:28

........ or carrier pigeon .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: February 1, 2024 15:49

The Rolling Stones are being nominated for best Alternative/Rock act, yet their company sent an e-mail claiming they're being nominated for best British video (this award does not even exist anymore) confused smiley

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 2, 2024 14:57

Hello, I just want to remind you about voting for our boys, here. Under this post you have to typem: BritsVoteRollingStones. As I heard, you van vote just till 5th February.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 5, 2024 16:21

if voting is through instagram the stones never win, this is a silly way to vote. i guess they did choose this way to get more views on intsta so they can earn more from the ads. big metadata busy here. i suggest not to vote if you like privacy angry smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-05 16:24 by MononoM.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 5, 2024 18:57

Curious why Hackney Diamonds was not nominated in last nights Grammy awards here in the States?
Perhaps next year?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 6, 2024 03:09

Could we dare to hope for an appearance and a tune at the Brits from The Stones?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2024 03:17

spikenyc
Curious why Hackney Diamonds was not nominated in last nights Grammy awards here in the States?
Perhaps next year?

this year's Grammys honour music released after 1st October 2022 but before 16th September 2023.

'Angry' is therefore the only song on Hackney Diamonds that was eligible.

The album and all of the other songs would be eligible for next year's awards.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 6, 2024 04:15

Why is this important at all? Ronnie would be the only Stone available for the ceremony. In the old days the band didn't care about or attend award ceremonies.
Imagine they win: Will we see Sir Michael on Teams from south of France thanking the jury? Or what?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 6, 2024 04:53

Stoneage
Why is this important at all? Ronnie would be the only Stone available for the ceremony. In the old days the band didn't care about or attend award ceremonies.
Imagine they win: Will we see Sir Michael on Teams from south of France thanking the jury? Or what?

LOL I'm surprised they've never won the award at all.

But they are The Rolling Stones.

They don't need an award. What a joke.

Their tours say more than any award. Tour reviews of attendance, financials, set lists... they don't have homes in England, the US, the T&C and the Caribbean because of winning an award.

Not dismissing the niceness of winning an ward, like a Grammy, but didn't they "win" something a while ago by playing the Super Bowl and record sales were not exactly...

It's archaic. It's 2024, not 1984.

UMG has hyped HD as much as they could've, platforms, etc...

If Angry had been a number one Billboard charting single... yet alone the rest of the world, still doesn't mean they would've won. LOL probably would've made a little more noise.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 6, 2024 10:10

GasLightStreet
Stoneage

LOL I'm surprised they've never won the award at all.

But they are The Rolling Stones.

They don't need an award. What a joke.

Their tours say more than any award. Tour reviews of attendance, financials, set lists... they don't have homes in England, the US, the T&C and the Caribbean because of winning an award.

Not dismissing the niceness of winning an ward, like a Grammy, but didn't they "win" something a while ago by playing the Super Bowl and record sales were not exactly...

It's archaic. It's 2024, not 1984.

UMG has hyped HD as much as they could've, platforms, etc...

If Angry had been a number one Billboard charting single... yet alone the rest of the world, still doesn't mean they would've won. LOL probably would've made a little more noise.

The Grammy's through the Stones a bone with the Angry nomination. They're 80 year old icons and they are (sort of) making up for the lack of recognition they bestowed in all the decades they were on top - with nary a nomination. What was their first win, the Love Is Strong video? Ridiculous.

Anyway, I'd thought/hoped that the SSoH collab with Lady Gaga would gotten them far more notoriety, but that just slid by without a whiff of notice. Very sad but whatever. By the time next years awards arrive I'd be surprised if they got more than a couple of noms in lower level/non TV categories as by then this'll all be forgotten by all except us. Maybe they'll perform on the awards with Gaga? I think that'd be the best we're going to get.

Date: February 6, 2024 11:10

Wasn’t it The Brit Awards, where Ronnie had the drunken altercation? That was hilarious. It’s on YouTube, I’m sure.

Regarding whether the Stones will make an appearance: I very much doubt it. Ronnie’s the only Stone who seems to spend considerable time there.

The Brit Awards was decent in the 90’s; not so much now.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2024 02:28

Statues and awards ....
What do they really mean .... gimmie the $$$$$ anyday

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 7, 2024 17:39

I don't know who got the idea of making people able to vote 6 times but it is really stupid. What's the honour or glory of winning when people can vote 6 times?

Date: February 7, 2024 17:53

Basically these award shows are an excuse to throw big parties for the industry. The prizes are commercial vehicles. And a great opportunity to meet people in the industry.
Furthermore, for the women, a great opportunity to dress up. In a way these ceremonies are also fashion awards. Think the Oscars...

...forgot to mention: It's a dream for the PR department. An excellent opportunity to advertise whatever you are selling. The big stars won't even have to do that -
the only thing they have to do is to show up - that is PR in itself...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-07 19:02 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 9, 2024 13:13

so in other words...It's all b*llocks.

[It's not as though these awards really reflect the quality of the music...they just reflect current trend an what's flavour of the month]

Date: February 9, 2024 19:03

Spud
so in other words...It's all b*llocks.

[It's not as though these awards really reflect the quality of the music...they just reflect current trend an what's flavour of the month]

Sure, in a way it is in another not so much. People like parties and people like to get recognized. Nothing wrong in that.
And it's an opportunity to meet people in the industry. It's like your ordinary office party at work but maybe on a larger scale...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home