Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Sasha Allen
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 20, 2024 23:32

DandelionPowderman
More Hot Rocks
MelBelli
VoodooLounge13
With no Chuck onboard, perhaps we can get some more varied setlists! Perhaps Steve can take over those duties!!

Where are we getting the notion that Chuck prevents more setlist variation? The opposite is true.

Thats is BS comment on your part. Chuck has stated a few time to add odds and ends to the set list. He also push for the rehersals of these songs in rehersal. Hence his two vol chord charts of Stones songs he brings into rehersals.

And yes to get back to topic. Sasha was pitch perfect all the time on stage. She wouldn't be cast in one of the biggest musicals if she wasn't . There is no one to hide behind when you are on a Broadway stage.

Looks like you two are in agreement.

LOL, yes.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: January 21, 2024 02:04

mickschix
Here we go, dissed Chuck AGAIN! Very tiresome! Chuck & Bernard add a tremendous amount of possitivity to the Stones' overall sound. I think some people just like being negative...to quote some genius from long ago, " if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" I hope Chuck's wife is well enough so he CAN tour with the band this year. I've seen Sasha performing with Mick on Gimme Shelter...she was just OK, not great. I'd love top see Chanel take over that spot, and leave the rest of the band as it is. If Chuck doesn't tour with the Stones this year, his haters will see the difference in the sound and they'll be sorry for all of the negativity thrown his way!

why on earth is it negative if you just don’t like his style of playing plink plink. It is an opinion, you know.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 21, 2024 06:13

Rocky Dijon
Wasn't that just someone's ideal solution and not fact? I'm pretty sure it's been stated by more hot rocks (and possibly others) that Sasha is not available for the tour because of the stage show that she signed up for this year. It's Bernard and Chanel for the tour only.

Yes, I pointed this out more than once, above and elsewhere, and was basically ignored. Wouldn't be the first time. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-21 06:17 by angee.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 21, 2024 20:17

micha063
mickschix
Here we go, dissed Chuck AGAIN! Very tiresome! Chuck & Bernard add a tremendous amount of possitivity to the Stones' overall sound. I think some people just like being negative...to quote some genius from long ago, " if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" I hope Chuck's wife is well enough so he CAN tour with the band this year. I've seen Sasha performing with Mick on Gimme Shelter...she was just OK, not great. I'd love top see Chanel take over that spot, and leave the rest of the band as it is. If Chuck doesn't tour with the Stones this year, his haters will see the difference in the sound and they'll be sorry for all of the negativity thrown his way!

You're right. Obviously he's the guy, who keeps things together. Of course, I miss the piano sound of Ian Stewart and I realy like the sound of Ian McLagan. But they have gone in the past. Chuck Leavell is some kind of antipole to Rock'n Roll but he gives the space and freedom for the the Rock'n Roll centerpart of the band. That's what I appreciate about him.
And of course I hope his wife is getting better. He's a human with feelings, he's got a family. About this point, there's nothing more to say.

Let's not forget about the best of them all: Nicky Hopkins!

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: January 25, 2024 10:32

If I may add my two cents worth?

Perhaps they could keep both Sasha and hire Chanel. Surely she has more charisma and that Tina Turner confidence to match our boy Mick - especially on Gimme Shelter.

Who didn't get goose bumps and shed a tear for that one off performance in Italy? Wowza Wowza Wowza!!!

Let there be two back-up vocalists, but put Chanel in a shimmering 60s horsehair dress to sing the "Rape/Murder" bit. What can go wrong?

Maybe even , and this is a long shot... very long shot... make "Gimme Shelter" the opening song of the concert!!! Drag that creeping intro for 2 extra long minutes to build anticipation. Lasso us in like a band of horses.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 25, 2024 16:23

As mentioned many times before in this thread, Sacha has other obligations and will not join the tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 26, 2024 15:52

So same as for Lisa, just moving on...This time it seems like it's going to be for the "better" for the Stones/fans, with a singer that stands out more, "Tina style", and isn't prone to "shrieking".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 28, 2024 11:55

She just posted at Insta a story where you can see that Sasha is pregnant .

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 28, 2024 13:13

what exactly is this fascination with Sasha Allen???......I mean really?.....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 28, 2024 15:12

From a friend who is close to the family, Chuck is planning on touring with the Stones this summer.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 28, 2024 15:46

Thank you, Elmo. Glad to hear.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 28, 2024 16:54

I just saw on Sasha Allen's instagram that she is pregnant. She looks well underway but I would think the tour would come too soon for her.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 28, 2024 18:03

Wuudy
I just saw on Sasha Allen's instagram that she is pregnant. She looks well underway but I would think the tour would come too soon for her.

For the 3 or 4 th time. She has been casted in a Broadway play.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 28, 2024 18:12

gotdablouse
So same as for Lisa, just moving on...This time it seems like it's going to be for the "better" for the Stones/fans, with a singer that stands out more, "Tina style", and isn't prone to "shrieking".

Not all fans have moved on from Lisa winking smiley

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 29, 2024 11:56

More Hot Rocks
Wuudy

For the 3 or 4 th time. She has been casted in a Broadway play.

That's got to be the tough part for the back up musicians, the Stones don't tour that often so they have to work in between. Big obligations can come at the price of missing out on a tour. From what I understood they are paid a retainer to be available when needed but there will be conditions attached to it I would imagine. Maybe she wasn't on a retainer and therefore took on a job that would tie her down for a long time.
Seems like missing her Tina gig and being fired from paid off in the end for Chanel Haynes if she is on the tour now.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 29, 2024 20:55

Rip This
what exactly is this fascination with Sasha Allen???......I mean really?.....

She is a remarkable artists with a great voice and since she is pregnant, she is not joining the tour. End of story.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home