Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Japanese SHM CDs for 7,99€ on German Amazon
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 3, 2024 23:58

Hello,

I just saw (and ordered) some Japanese SHM CDs from Amazon Germany for 7,99€ each. Don't miss this deal if you're interested!

[www.amazon.de]

Re: Japanese SHM CDs for 7,99€ on German Amazon
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 4, 2024 00:13

hockenheim95
Hello,

I just saw (and ordered) some Japanese SHM CDs from Amazon Germany for 7,99€ each. Don't miss this deal if you're interested!

[www.amazon.de]

Great price! Unfortunately delivery Canada is over 20€, so that's a bit of a barrier.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: January 4, 2024 09:10

Thank you. I bought a few CDs. Great Price. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: January 4, 2024 11:15

Really good offer, bought them up til Let it Bleed to get the mono remasters, for some reason s/t and No.2 are ridiculously priced, but I can do without them just to compare the rest to the original mixes or in some cases fold-downs sad smiley

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: January 4, 2024 11:29

How do these SHM's sound compared to the SACD series (which I already have)? Do they sound better? Or do they use the same DSD remasters?

Date: January 4, 2024 11:43

Jalfstra
How do these SHM's sound compared to the SACD series (which I already have)? Do they sound better? Or do they use the same DSD remasters?

Which SACDs have you got? Did they release the mono mixes on SACD?

Date: January 4, 2024 12:05

The ABKCO 2002 series..

Date: January 4, 2024 12:35

Jalfstra
The ABKCO 2002 series..

Oh yeah, these are absolutely worth getting then as they are mono mixes (same mixes used for the in Mono box) whereas the 2002 DSD were all stereo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 4, 2024 13:00

Jalfstra

Or do they use the same DSD remasters?

Japanese SHM-CDs: "Break-outs of individual CDs from the 2016 CD boxset 'The Rolling Stones in Mono'. Remastered from the original archive tapes in 2016 by Bob Ludwig & Teri Landi." - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] .

Date: January 4, 2024 13:55

2022 Japanese SHM-CDs (Mono) - partly €7.99 on Amazon.de, €7.99 on MediaMarkt.de & Saturn.de, partly €9.99 on jpc.de :

12x5 - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

Now! - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

OOOH (US) - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

OOOH (UK) - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

DC - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

AM (UK) - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

AM (US) - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

BTB (UK) - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

FLWRS - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

TSMR - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

BB - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

LIB - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de]

TRS (UK) and No.2 SHM-CDs - [iorr.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-05 14:35 by Irix.

Date: January 4, 2024 15:21

Time Waits for No One [www.amazon.de]
Sucking in the Seventies [www.amazon.de]
Rewind [www.amazon.de]
Made in the Shade [www.amazon.de]

Undecover [www.amazon.de]
Dirty Work [www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-04 15:21 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 4, 2024 15:38

Nellcote1971
Jalfstra
The ABKCO 2002 series..

Oh yeah, these are absolutely worth getting then as they are mono mixes (same mixes used for the in Mono box) whereas the 2002 DSD were all stereo.
This is a bit misleading. Because stereo albums in 2002 SACDs series were only from Aftermath onward.

ENH, OOOH (UK), OOOH(US) are all mono, only half of 12x5 is in stereo and almost all Now! and December Children are in mono. Compilations are also a mixture of mono and stereo tracks.

2016 tape transfer and mastering for stereo tracks is different with respect to 2002. Quite a few tracks form 2016 In Mono box originated from 2002 mono tape transfer. But equalized and mastered a bit differently.

Which brings us to the situation that generally speaking mono discs from 2002 and mono discs from 2016 (these Japanese SHM-CDs utilize 2016 mono) sound of about the same. Stereo tracks - is different story

All LIB in this series is a simple fold down from stereo. The same for Beggars Banquet with exception for SFTD which is the only dedicated mono mix on the disc (and runs on the wrong speed).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-04 15:39 by ironbelly.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 4, 2024 15:44

So these SHM CD's are not needed then, because they're the same mastering as the SACD's from '02? Thought I remember reading on here somewhere that there were mono songs on these CDs that weren't anywhere else...

Date: January 4, 2024 15:50

VoodooLounge13

So these SHM CD's are not needed then, because they're the same mastering as the SACD's from '02?

No, the above linked 2022 Mono SHM-CDs are 2016 remasters.

Date: January 4, 2024 15:55

ironbelly
Nellcote1971
Jalfstra
The ABKCO 2002 series..

This is a bit misleading. Because stereo albums in 2002 SACDs series were only from Aftermath onward.

ENH, OOOH (UK), OOOH(US) are all mono, only half of 12x5 is in stereo and almost all Now! and December Children are in mono. Compilations are also a mixture of mono and stereo tracks.

2016 tape transfer and mastering for stereo tracks is different with respect to 2002. Quite a few tracks form 2016 In Mono box originated from 2002 mono tape transfer. But equalized and mastered a bit differently.

Which brings us to the situation that generally speaking mono discs from 2002 and mono discs from 2016 (these Japanese SHM-CDs utilize 2016 mono) sound of about the same. Stereo tracks - is different story

All LIB in this series is a simple fold down from stereo. The same for Beggars Banquet with exception for SFTD which is the only dedicated mono mix on the disc (and runs on the wrong speed).

You're absolutely right, haven't listened to them in a long while, lots of the early stuff is indeed mono on the 2002. 2002/2016 mixes sound very similar, still if you want the full mono experience these are worth getting (at least for 8€ a piece)

Date: January 4, 2024 15:58

VoodooLounge13
So these SHM CD's are not needed then, because they're the same mastering as the SACD's from '02? Thought I remember reading on here somewhere that there were mono songs on these CDs that weren't anywhere else...

There is nothing new on them if you have the 2016 monos. If you haven't got them both feature the first ever true mono mix of Back Street Girl and Please Go Home (and I third one I just can't recall now...)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 4, 2024 15:59

Irix
VoodooLounge13

So these SHM CD's are not needed then, because they're the same mastering as the SACD's from '02?

Maybe my word choice is incorrect. It seems - based on other comments - that the '02 versions are mono, which I seem to recall. Haven't listen to them in a long time, but I do recall them sounding sooooooooo much different and amazing!!!

Is the TSMR mono SHM CD different from the 50th anniversary release of a few years ago?

Date: January 4, 2024 16:08

VoodooLounge13
They are not the same mastering as 2002 but very similar, almost indistinguishable in some cases. Unless you can dig every extra tiny details. Generally speaking, OOOH (US) 2002 sounds almost identical to OOOH (US) 2016/2023.

The list of unique mono mixes from In Mono box was posted way back in 2016. Here it is again.
Out Of Our Heads (US/UK)
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man [unedited original mix]
[1] (comment - I believe Luke made a mistake here, on OOOH they used edited/censored version, uncensored version is on Stray Cats)

Aftermath (UK/US)
4.Under My Thumb
5.Doncha Bother Me
6.Going Home
7.Flight 505
8.High And Dry
9.Out Of Time
10.It’s Not Easy
11.I Am Waiting
12.Take It Or Leave It
13.Think
14.What To Do
[11]

Between The Buttons (UK)
1.Yesterday’s Papers
2.My Obsession
3.Back Street Girl
4.Connection
5.She Smiled Sweetly
6.Cool, Calm & Collected
7.All Sold Out
8.Please Go Home
9.Who’ s Been Sleeping Here?
10.Complicated
11.Miss Amanda Jones
12.Something Happened To Me Yesterday
[12]

Flowers
1.Ruby Tuesday
5.Out Of Time
6.My Girl
11.Ride On, Baby
12.Sittin’ On A Fence
[5]

Their Satanic Majesties Request
1.Sing This All Together
2.Citadel
4.2000 Man
5.Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
8.Gomper
10.On With The Show
[6]

Beggars Banquet
1.Sympathy For The Devil
[1]

Stray Cats
As Tears Go By (Italian)
Honky Tonk Women
[2]

You should ask lukpac about the details. It was his list.

Date: January 4, 2024 16:11

Nellcote1971

Did they release the mono mixes on SACD?

The 2016 Mono-Box was not available on SACD - but it was then available as download in DSD-format in North America at AcousticSounds.com.

Date: January 4, 2024 16:14

VoodooLounge13
Irix
VoodooLounge13

Maybe my word choice is incorrect. It seems - based on other comments - that the '02 versions are mono, which I seem to recall. Haven't listen to them in a long time, but I do recall them sounding sooooooooo much different and amazing!!!

Is the TSMR mono SHM CD different from the 50th anniversary release of a few years ago?
Marginally. Of about 0.2dB in loudness. Equalization profiles are the same.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 5, 2024 00:23

hockenheim95
Hello,

[www.amazon.de]

just in case that anyone wondered why amazon.de lowered their price so much. They did so to match Saturn's offer. But the best news: all the CDs that are already gone at amazon are still available at Saturn.de

btw: which was the one that is just folded down stereo? BB?

Date: January 5, 2024 00:26

slewan
hockenheim95
Hello,

[www.amazon.de]

just in case that anyone wondered why amazon.de lowered their price so much. They did so to match Saturn's offer. But the best news: all the CDs that are already gone at amazon are still available at Saturn.de

btw: which was the one that is just folded down stereo? BB?

Let it Bleed and BB are both fold down mixes. Only SFTD on BB is a real mono mix.

Date: January 5, 2024 14:00

slewan

just in case that anyone wondered why amazon.de lowered their price so much. They did so to match Saturn's offer.

The prices were lowered at Bravado.de before and are also lowered at jpc.de. Looks more like a stock clearing than a price competition with the MediaSaturn store chain.

Above Mono-CD links with MediaMarkt / Saturn updated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-05 14:35 by Irix.

Date: January 5, 2024 14:55

hockenheim95

Time Waits for No One [www.amazon.de]
Sucking in the Seventies [www.amazon.de]
Rewind [www.amazon.de]
Made in the Shade [www.amazon.de]

€7.99 too at Media/Saturn, €9.99 at jpc:

Time Waits for No One - [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de] , [www.jpc.de]

Sucking in the Seventies - [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de] , [www.jpc.de]

Rewind - [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de] , [www.jpc.de]

Made in the Shade - [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Saturn.de] , [www.jpc.de]

Date: January 5, 2024 17:17

Thanks for the info. I ordered Between the Buttons (UK), Aftermath and The Rolling Stones Now!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 5, 2024 18:19

Ordered 'Sucking in the Seventies' from JPC.

Postage to Ireland from Amazon was being quoted as €30; I'm sure I could combine items but I really only want SITS. JPC offered it for €5 shipping.

SITS is perhaps my favourite compilation - there is just something about it with it's wonderful mix of outtakes, radio edits, and live. The AllMusic review nails it, it sums up the mid-late 70s as well as any of the studio albums. I see it as an essential part of the 1976-1981 story.

I have the standard CD from 2005, bit worn, time for a nice Japanese upgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-05 18:20 by IrelandCalling4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home