Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Next Generation IORR
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 2, 2024 12:20

ProfessorWolf
will i still be able to access iorr with windows 95 like i can now?winking smiley

Depends not so much on your OS but on the browser you use. Since you can read this, you managed to get your browser read https. So I would say you are fine. (Except Win95 opens your PC up to a ton of viruses since the OS hasnt been updated since 2001)

Date: January 2, 2024 12:48

Thank you for all bv. After all those years finding some help is just logical right? I am sure you will find the right persons to run things.

Can't commit helping myself though as I have not the right competences. I hope there will be no hesitation asking for financial help. I bet the money needed will be no problem at all and if that would mean an independed, ad free board that would be awesome.

Reading this topic it falsely feels like a goodbye. Compared to corporate business this would mean a move from CEO to non executive chairman of the board, right?

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: January 2, 2024 13:24

Thank you very much bv
Long live the Rolling Stones and IORR
Best and all healthiness for you and your family
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: January 2, 2024 13:47

cheers bv.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 2, 2024 14:08

I'm not a technologically minded soul, so I have no idea what it is that BV will need to do. However, BV knows what he's doing, and he will find likeminded Stones fans to help him create, maintain, and run, a modern, easy-to-use message board. I look forwarded to seeing the results and contributing there, just as I have been doing so here for nigh on some 20 years.

Thank you, Bjornulf, and good luck.

Alex

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: January 2, 2024 14:26

Thanks BV and BRAVO!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 2, 2024 14:50

There has never been anything comparable to IORR for Stones fans and I can only hope and pray that the Next Generation IORR will continue in that vein.

Massive thanks to you, BV, for all your sterling work over so many years, which is so appreciated for so many reasons by all of us who visit this site. You more than deserve the break/rest that's coming to you. Enjoy!

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: January 2, 2024 15:12

Thank you for EVERYTHING you have done for all of us!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 2, 2024 15:58

Thanks BV
You are the man

mb

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: January 2, 2024 16:09

Thanks for all of your hard work BV, I've been on here (I've had two user names) since 2004.

I met you briefly at the O2 in 2007, you were a gent.

Appreciate the 'labour of love' for keeping this site going for so long!

Date: January 2, 2024 16:26

I add my thanks to you Bjornulf, for setting up and maintaining IORR over such a length of time. It is consistently informative, entertaining, enlightening and extremely user-friendly! Hope to see you again on tour this year.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: January 2, 2024 16:26

Thanks for everything BV! Cheers

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: January 2, 2024 17:11

Cheers BV it was really interesting reading about your life. You should write a book! grinning smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 2, 2024 17:30

Next Generation

Thanks for the good work you will still monitor, Bjornulf

Your life is a true example of hard work, commitment, and personal and professional success.

Bravo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 21:58 by bv.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: January 2, 2024 18:30

One of my favorite posts, thank you for sharing some details of your personal life.

The few times we’ve met (our longest chat was a hotel lobby restaurant in New Orleans for the “hurricane” show in 2019) I’ve had some difficulty reading you and conversations were slightly awkward, so figured we were such different people but with a shared interest in the Stones.. Your work on this site is ultimately what’s important but I still have an interest in all people, so am grateful you shared a bit more of who you are.

Between your family, your work, and this site it sounds like you have led a fulfilling life!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 2, 2024 18:56

Incredible run! Thank you.

At this point, I suggest you sell this site to The Rolling Stones and you can cash out for retirement.
You, Bjornulf, deserve it. Send out a final, glorious IORR magazine as a parting gift to subscribers and ride off into the sunset.

See you on tour!

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: January 2, 2024 20:04

Thank you so much Bjornulf for everything! Your work has enabled so much fun and excitement all over the world, and IORR has always been a fixed star in the Stones universe. I do hope there will be a smooth transition for the forum as well as for you personally, and that there will be many more candles to burn...

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 2, 2024 20:11

schwonek
ProfessorWolf
will i still be able to access iorr with windows 95 like i can now?winking smiley

Depends not so much on your OS but on the browser you use. Since you can read this, you managed to get your browser read https. So I would say you are fine. (Except Win95 opens your PC up to a ton of viruses since the OS hasnt been updated since 2001)

i don't use win95 for everyday browsing (that would be a miserable experince) and i'm very aware of its security isssues

i was just making a joke out of the fact that this site can still be accessed by a computer running it

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: January 2, 2024 20:26

Thank you very much Bjornulf for all the years with the IORR forum.
Thank you for everything you have done for us!thumbs up
Looking forward for next generation forum!smileys with beer

Date: January 2, 2024 20:58

Thanks for work Bjornulf.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 2, 2024 21:12

there will never be another bjornulf.
so i guess this will be the end of what has been my most visited site since 2004 or so.
i accept and understand things cant last forever but it is with great sadness that i read all this. wish i had the time to help, but i dont. its incredible you kept this going for so long bjornulf. thanks a million

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2024 21:14

BV

You indeed put up/tolerate a lot here. It's been fantastic, as a fan, to share and learn whatever about The Rolling Stones, with many cross references for learning particular facts as well as some entertaining things, like how Keith played the wrong intro for ABC on this and that tour...

The much needed human element of The Rolling Stones.

And, of course, the fans.

Thank you.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 2, 2024 21:26

Thank you, Bjornulf.

I've been reading the online forum since the late 90's (reading about how "Blessed Poison" became 'Bridges to Babylon'!), finally establishing a username in 2012.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work over the years.
You've truly built an international family.

I'll play 'Sticky Fingers' in your honor tonight.

You've got the Sun, the Moon, the Rolling Stones and Bjornulf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-05 04:52 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 2, 2024 22:16

I am sure you will pass the torch to people who are both competent and reliable.

Thank you for the years of fun, good info about OUR band... as well as freezing our asses off in Bondy while grinning and listening to the band rehearsing.

Merci pour tout.

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: January 2, 2024 22:38

Thanks for all you have done!
Happy new year for you & family!

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: January 2, 2024 22:54

Thank you BV for everything you’ve done. You’ve made a lot of people very happy for a long time.
Gold rings on ya

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 2, 2024 23:09

Thanks for all the hard work on the best site on the net!

I would love to help, but my computer skills are circa 2006.....

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 2, 2024 23:18

Thank you for everything you do, BV! It is beyond appreciated, to have a space like this to talk Stones. You've created something special and I couldn't be more thankful.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 2, 2024 23:38

Whatever form iorr takes, I wish you the best. You provided a valuable service to passionate Stones fans. So much great information was provided here. I am proud to have been a member of this exceptional site. BV, you rock!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 3, 2024 01:01

Never thought I’d ever see this. Thank you BV.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home