Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NME/Sounds Spring 76
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: December 18, 2023 15:36

When black and blue came out, the music press in England went big on it. I think it was Sounds, or it may have been the NME, but one of them ran huge spreads that reviewed every single and then every album in the band’s career. Before I try buying them on eBay, I wonder if anyone knows which weeks and which magazines it was? If anyone knows they’ve been posted in the articles thread, please point me at it..

Re: NME/Sounds Spring 76
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: December 18, 2023 16:26

As far as I remember the NME review wasn't favourable/flattering and the Stones were not amused!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 18, 2023 17:27

You might be lucky and find what you need here
[www.worldradiohistory.com]
syrel

Posted by: VenusLoon ()
Date: December 18, 2023 17:29

More likely Melody Maker. NME hated 'dinosaur' bands and would have slated it. Sounds was more Heavy Rock orientated.

Date: December 18, 2023 19:15

True re the NME, but 1976 was really before it was instructed by its publisher IPC to go punk and jettison the big hitters on its best of the year 1976 list - Led Zep, more Led Zep, Dylan, Rick Wakeman, even more Led Zep. Funny!

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: December 19, 2023 11:06

I'm certain it wasn't Melody Maker. Funnily enough Sounds gave Black and Blue six (!) stars, but that was Barbera Charone who was angling to write Keith's biography. She also raved about the Knebworth show.

i'm tending to think it was Sounds.....thanks for the replies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home