Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds World Tour
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 23, 2023 11:19

treaclefingers
MonicaDe
Seriously? Is there a chance to see them in Europe in Autumn of 2024?
That would be beyond my dreams!
However I don't think it will happen...

I think they realize that anything can happen to them at any time and they want to go out in a blaze of glory. This is an unannounced world tour, which they'll rollout in stages and perhaps in between we'll get a new album as well.

I think they're going for something unprecedented...they love what they do, why stop?

I would agree, "something like this" is quite possible. Let's face it, time (finally) ain't on their side anymore, so whatever the future holds for 'em, it probably ain't gonna involve long gaps, not such as we've seen before at any rate ! Exciting times I think, both for them and for us ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 23, 2023 11:37

paulywaul
treaclefingers
MonicaDe

I think they realize that anything can happen to them at any time and they want to go out in a blaze of glory. This is an unannounced world tour, which they'll rollout in stages and perhaps in between we'll get a new album as well.

I think they're going for something unprecedented...they love what they do, why stop?

I would agree, "something like this" is quite possible. Let's face it, time (finally) ain't on their side anymore, so whatever the future holds for 'em, it probably ain't gonna involve long gaps, not such as we've seen before at any rate ! Exciting times I think, both for them and for us ...

"Time isn't on their side anymore"

I've been hearing people say that for the last 12 years...

Date: December 23, 2023 14:27

StonedRambler
paulywaul
treaclefingers
MonicaDe

So have I ...

Only difference being that 12 years ago the Glimmers were 68. Now, they're 80. Like it or not, that does change things slightly ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-23 14:29 by paulywaul.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 23, 2023 17:00

StonedRambler
paulywaul
treaclefingers
MonicaDe

They bumped this tour from 2023, to 2024 because of what, a foot or leg injury? They're 80, they will not be on a world tour when they are 92, twelve years from now. Anything can happen at any time. Let's all enjoy this moment.

Date: December 23, 2023 18:26

treaclefingers
StonedRambler
paulywaul
treaclefingers
MonicaDe

They bumped this tour from 2023, to 2024 because of what, a foot or leg injury? They're 80, they will not be on a world tour when they are 92, twelve years from now. Anything can happen at any time. Let's all enjoy this moment.

You know that's the magic about the guys. There were quite a lot of obstacles in recent years (Mick's heart value operation, Charlie's death, L'wrens death, Ronnie's lung cancer...) but somehow they always made it through.

"They're 80, they will not be on a world tour when they are 92, twelve years from now. "

Funny thing is, ten years ago I was exactly reading this on the forum. "They're 70, they will not tour when they are 80". Now they are 80 and they are doing a world tour.

With the Stones you just never know. I wouldn't be suprised if they would still be doing this at 90.

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: December 23, 2023 20:58

I bet they will do ! smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 24, 2023 00:36

StonedRambler
treaclefingers
StonedRambler
paulywaul
treaclefingers
MonicaDe

You know that's the magic about the guys. There were quite a lot of obstacles in recent years (Mick's heart value operation, Charlie's death, L'wrens death, Ronnie's lung cancer...) but somehow they always made it through.

"They're 80, they will not be on a world tour when they are 92, twelve years from now. "

Funny thing is, ten years ago I was exactly reading this on the forum. "They're 70, they will not tour when they are 80". Now they are 80 and they are doing a world tour.

With the Stones you just never know. I wouldn't be suprised if they would still be doing this at 90.

I love it when you're so adorable.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 24, 2023 12:43

Hey slewan, what's the weather like in Munich in June?

Happy holidays, gang! Stay cool.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: December 24, 2023 12:59

Topi

Is that a hint? smiling smiley Olympic Stadium is closed for renovation so any Munich show would be Allianz Arena

Date: December 24, 2023 13:07

Not a hint.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 24, 2023 14:32

Hope seeing them in Europe in 2040.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 25, 2023 05:33

treaclefingers
StonedRambler
paulywaul
treaclefingers
MonicaDe

Yeah, Mick had a foot injury.

I doubt that.

Didn't he say something that alluded to he just wanted some time off and he was working on the album? The 2023 fall tour quip was BS - they knew well in advance they couldn't book anything. That was just lip service to the people that want to buy tickets.

Just a bunch of legit sounding excuses offered while finishing the album.

Date: December 25, 2023 08:45

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
StonedRambler
paulywaul
treaclefingers
MonicaDe

Yeah, Mick had a foot injury.

I doubt that.

Didn't he say something that alluded to he just wanted some time off and he was working on the album? The 2023 fall tour quip was BS - they knew well in advance they couldn't book anything. That was just lip service to the people that want to buy tickets.

Just a bunch of legit sounding excuses offered while finishing the album.

Some accusations ….

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 25, 2023 10:20

Whilst it’s certainly true that we’ve all been collectively thrilled with unwavering longevity, they will not be performing at 90. Yes, a decade ago we may have been dismissive at the notion of Mick strutting his stuff aged 80, but in another ten years, he’ll be a decade away from getting his birthday card from King Charles.

Date: December 25, 2023 10:29

Big Al
Whilst it’s certainly true that we’ve all been collectively thrilled with unwavering longevity, they will not be performing at 90. Yes, a decade ago we may have been dismissive at the notion of Mick strutting his stuff aged 80, but in another ten years, he’ll be a decade away from getting his birthday card from King Charles.

Who knows... Ten years ago nobody thought they would be doing this at 80.

People even called the Steel Wheels tour "Steel Wheelchair" tour and that was 35 years ago.

I am more worried about some of the fans not being around anymore then.

Date: December 25, 2023 10:44

StonedRambler
Big Al

People even called the Steel Wheels tour "Steel Wheelchair" tour and that was 35 years ago.

Just take one year at the time and enjoy the ride.

Date: December 25, 2023 11:58

StonedRambler
Big Al

Yes, that’s correct. 80 seemed ridiculous a decade ago. However, ‘90’?? That’s beyond the average life expectancy!

Date: December 25, 2023 12:00

PaintMonkeyManBlack
StonedRambler
Big Al

Just take one year at the time and enjoy the ride.

Oh, I do. Merry Christmas smileys with beer

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: December 25, 2023 15:49

As several people mentioned: Everything can happen at every moment. I enjoy everything like a new album, touring and news. Let's be positive and enjoy it before it's past for ever.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 26, 2023 00:10

StonesSmeth99
Olympic Stadium is closed for renovation so any Munich show would be Allianz Arena

Is it really closed closed? AC/DC in June 24 also?

"The renovation schedule envisages measures as early as autumn this year, which will continue with limited operations until the twenty-month complete closure from October 2025."
[www.olympiapark.de]

[www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de]

Date: December 26, 2023 07:06

All this Munich talk almost makes me miss that 2022 pre-show rain.

Date: December 26, 2023 14:02

Topi

Yup, that sure was no fun at all ....

Date: December 26, 2023 20:22

Topi

Yeah munchen 2024

Lets do lucky dip

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 27, 2023 07:43

Big Al
StonedRambler
Big Al

Yes, that’s correct. 80 seemed ridiculous a decade ago. However, ‘90’?? That’s beyond the average life expectancy!

yeah but keith's mother and father live to be 84 & 91 (his grandfather gus lived to be 80) and mick's 87 & 93

they do seem to have pretty good genetics when it comes to a long life span

i wouldn't be surprised in 2042 (if both of them are still alive) if they did some kind of live performance to commemorate the band's 70th anniversary

a show or two sure a tour probably not

i'm thinking more like would went on for willie nelson's 90th birthday

edit

meant 2032 not 42eye popping smiley

don't think even mick will be performing at 99grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-27 10:02 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: December 27, 2023 15:33

Now consider Mick's genetics and add his workout routine and his diet. I'd not be suprised if the guy is still wiggling his arse in his 90s.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 27, 2023 18:42

StonedRambler
Now consider Mick's genetics and add his workout routine and his diet. I'd not be suprised if the guy is still wiggling his arse in his 90s.

neither would i

also another edit i got keith's parents ages backwards and also found out that keith's great grandfather (gus's dad cornelius john waugh dupree) lived to be 70 (1848-1918) well above the average lifespan for that time

and gus's wife keith's maternal grandmother lived to 89

couldn't find out how long his fraternal grandparents lived though

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 28, 2023 17:21

StonesSmeth99
Topi

Is that a hint? smiling smiley Olympic Stadium is closed for renovation so any Munich show would be Allianz Arena

I don't rememmber any kind of show in the Allianz Arena, just soccer.
The flat ground of "Messe München" is a venue for big open airs (up to about 100.000 capacity).

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 28, 2023 17:39

MAF
StonesSmeth99
Topi

I don't rememmber any kind of show in the Allianz Arena, just soccer.
The flat ground of "Messe München" is a venue for big open airs (up to about 100.000 capacity).

The Olympic stadium in Munich is NOT closed in 2024. The links quoted above say that the Olypia Parc is being renovated and it will be fully closes from 2025 onwards. Note the difference between Olympic Stadium and Olympic Park. The stduium is a part of the Olympic park – but the latter is much bigger than the stadium. In short: In 2024 there are renovation works in the park but not yet at the stadium.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 8, 2024 18:58

Maybe another location for the Stones could be this massive pop up for Adele? But that would be beginning of September. Hamburg was Sep 9th which was fine open air. But maybe July to September is not enough rest for the Stones. Who knows...

[www.eventim.de]

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: February 15, 2024 17:38

Any rumours on Europe 2024/25?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home