Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds World Tour
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 16, 2023 22:48

Stadiums in the fall in Europe ? They haven't done that for a while have they ? Well I suppose 2017 started outdoors in September.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 17, 2023 13:54

kkhoranstoned
good morning ,,when would the rehearsal start...is the tv doc still coming
has any new release of any unreleased gem stopped..
thank you for any insight...happy holiday best wishes gold rings on you

as far as i know

rehearsals should start this spring (march? april?)

the tv doc is still on its way

and as far as new archival releases goes i have no idea

but with this album in heavy promotion thru next year and another album close on its tail i wouldn't be surprised if new archival releases won't be a thing for the next couple years

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 17, 2023 13:59

gotdablouse
Stadiums in the fall in Europe ? They haven't done that for a while have they ? Well I suppose 2017 started outdoors in September.

Yes, a few outdoor gigs in September, after that it will be horrible sounding
indoor crap like Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen, Amsterdam etc....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-17 13:59 by falo01.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 17, 2023 15:13

falo01
gotdablouse

I would prefer the Stones show at horrible sounding indoor crap to no Stones show at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-17 15:18 by RisingStone.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 17, 2023 16:20

falo01

indoor crap like Düsseldorf

The sound in the pit (Keith's side) in Düsseldorf 2017 was very good - no crap.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 17, 2023 16:43

RisingStone
falo01
gotdablouse

I would prefer the Stones show at horrible sounding indoor crap to no Stones show at all.

I prefer indoor shows to September shows in the rain and/or standing on muddy ground (like Hamburg and Munich in 2017)
and - btw – the sound in Brussels 2022 (outdoor with bad echo) was much worse than Düsseldorf 2017, Arnhem 2017, Paris 2017 (all indoors) and Amsterdam as well as Gelsenkirchen in 2022 (stadiums with closes roofs)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-17 16:46 by slewan.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 17, 2023 17:13

What’s the sound like at Allegiant in Vegas up in the 300s, and in Seattle’s Lumen, again in the 300s, if I can bring this thread back to what IS known? Thanks!

Rod

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 17, 2023 17:45

I was in GA at Düsseldorf 2017 with LD ticket. The sound was not the best but not bad, either.
That was the only show I attended that year. Good show wasn’t it? Was spurred to post my first ever comment on this forum.

Met a couple from Northern Germany at the hotel restaurant as well as on my way back from the show on the train. They said they checked the IORR.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: December 17, 2023 18:33

I get that the Stones want to promote the new Hackney Diamonds album, but don't they make much more from touring? I would think these days, when you could get the music free online album sales are nowhere where they used to be.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 17, 2023 18:42

They make around 10 million US dollars per show. The USA & Canada tour summer 2024 will be performed to more than one million fans, and have a revenue of 200 millon US dollar. They will get a lot of press, and get attention. They love to play live, and as a bonus, many will Hackney Diamonds, now or during the tour next year.

Same in Europe, same in Japan, same in Australia, in fact all over, they make a lot of money performing live, they sell their new album, and they love to do it, it is win win for the band, and for the fans.

May be they take some of our pension money, but at least we will be happy!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-22 12:41 by bv.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 18, 2023 14:29

Money is only money. You can always make more money.

But when the Stones quit, that's it. No money in the world can bring them back, they're not KISS or ABBA.

Date: December 18, 2023 14:36

Irix
falo01

Did you see any other shows on that 2017 tour besides Düsseldorf?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 18, 2023 15:34

Telenor Arena Fornebu outside Oslo Norway is indoor, they played it in May 2014 at the tour start, and they could play it any time summer/winter, in fact it is too hot in the summer, so fall time is better. It is just 22,000 capacity but people would pay 50% more there vs a field in the middle of nowhere, like Voldsløkka (capacity 55,000), but only available July for a few shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 18, 2023 16:49

Topi
But when the Stones quit, that's it. No money in the world can bring them back, they're not KISS or ABBA.

Mick didn't seem so sure about that in a recent interview!

Date: December 18, 2023 17:52

He was taking the piss.

Date: December 18, 2023 18:10

Irix
falo01

Yes I've never been disappointed by the sound in the pit, even GA was ok at the La Defense Arena that's otherwise very poorly rated soundwise. It seems problems with sound (echo often) start when you're in the stands, that's true of outdoor stadiums like Marseilles and probably others.

Amazing isn't it that it's 2023 and that we're talking "World Tours" like it's 1983 ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: December 18, 2023 18:13

As far as I remenber, Zurich 2017 was bit "fresh" at the end of September. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 18, 2023 18:15

Not as fresh as Munich a few days earlier (and I was in shorts and T-shirt...)

Date: December 19, 2023 19:18

No such problems at the U-Arena for the three shows on 19/10, 22/10 and 25/10 ;-)

--------------

Date: December 19, 2023 21:02

gotdablouse
Irix
falo01

Yes I've never been disappointed by the sound in the pit, even GA was ok at the La Defense Arena that's otherwise very poorly rated soundwise. It seems problems with sound (echo often) start when you're in the stands, that's true of outdoor stadiums like Marseilles and probably others.

Amazing isn't it that it's 2023 and that we're talking "World Tours" like it's 1983 ;-)

Yes, PIT usually is ok, although I have to say that PIT in Gelsenkirchen 22 wasn't good at all (I taped there) and Arnheim 17 was horrible. But behind PIT those indoor shows suck compared to outdoor. OK it is what it is, if I'm in the PIT, I can handle every arena. And daspyknows killed it in Amsterdam 22 (compared to my 98 experience), but still had an arena sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 21:05 by falo01.

Date: December 19, 2023 21:03

Gangster-of-love
As far as I remenber, Zurich 2017 was bit "fresh" at the end of September. eye rolling smiley

Zurich was great, I found the temperature ok. The rainy Munich was harder to deal with it. But overall, Outdoor September shows are ok with me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 21:09 by falo01.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: December 20, 2023 12:24

Seriously? Is there a chance to see them in Europe in Autumn of 2024?
That would be beyond my dreams!
However I don't think it will happen...

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 20, 2023 15:51

Arnhem 2017 (Netherlands) was late October if I remember correctly and it was 25 degrees Celsius that day! That was special and pretty exceptional. Concert was indoors, but easily could have taken place in the out and open.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 22, 2023 11:04

You can get great and suitable autumn weather in most of Europe...but the odds aren't good enough.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 22, 2023 11:48

jackflash27
Arnhem 2017 (Netherlands) was late October if I remember correctly and it was 25 degrees Celsius that day! That was special and pretty exceptional. Concert was indoors, but easily could have taken place in the out and open.

Arnheim was in mid October (15th). The weather was warm but I doubt it was really 25°C – at least not in the later evening

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 22, 2023 12:55

slewan

Arnheim was in mid October (15th). The weather was warm but I doubt it was really 25°C – at least not in the later evening

There were indeed 25°C on that day - [www.WetterOnline.de] . But on the same day in 2023 it was only 11°C.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 22, 2023 16:24

Irix
slewan

There were indeed 25°C on that day - [www.WetterOnline.de] . But on the same day in 2023 it was only 11°C.
I guess inside - in a packed pit or GA - with a closed roof it's warm enough with 11°C or less outside.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 23, 2023 04:22

MonicaDe

I think they realize that anything can happen to them at any time and they want to go out in a blaze of glory. This is an unannounced world tour, which they'll rollout in stages and perhaps in between we'll get a new album as well.

I think they're going for something unprecedented...they love what they do, why stop?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 23, 2023 05:35

treaclefingers
MonicaDe

I think they realize that anything can happen to them at any time and they want to go out in a blaze of glory. This is an unannounced world tour, which they'll rollout in stages and perhaps in between we'll get a new album as well.

I think they're going for something unprecedented...they love what they do, why stop?

They’re still putting down the blueprints for what a rock n roll band can be in 2023. It’s unprecedented but will be absolutely unrepeatable… the rule book they’ve written will never be needed by another band because there won’t be another Stones. We’re blessed to be looking forward to another tour.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: December 23, 2023 08:55

The Bernabeu in Madrid now has a roof, but could they fit in a gig during the football season? Unlikely I guess - unless during an international break (mid-October or mid-November).

Co-op Live will be the best indoor arena in Europe so bring it on!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home