Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds World Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 13, 2023 18:30

I merged three threads into this one, with the following text as the first post of the new thread today:

There are rumours about venues booked for shows fall time in Europe 2024, also rumours about a tour Down Under i.e. Australia 2024.

This thread will hold any rumours about shows in Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America for the next 12-18 months.

If you follow the Hackney Diamonds updates on IORR, then you will see they are talking about an 18 months marketing time frame for their new album Hackney Diamonds, i.e. from October 2023 until spring time or so 2025. After that who knows if they manage to release another album, then another tour, as they say they do already have extra songs left over from the HD release, and they have "cracked the coded" on how to be efficient in studio.

It makes sense to tour more than just 19/20 shows during the spring/summer of 2024 in USA and Canada. They may take a break, then do another set of shows after having rested a bit, withough having to do a full 3-5 weeks of rehearsals every time they do new shows in a new area. Still, keep in mind their age, they can not perform 100 or so shows per world tour, like they did 20-30 years ago.

Bjornulf

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: December 13, 2023 19:51

It gives me hope and brings a big smile on my face, thank you for sharing this. Can't wait to hear more about the European tour grinning smiley I keep everything crossed for good health of the Boys!

Re: Stones Tour Europe
Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: December 13, 2023 21:04

They won't do that kind of extensive touring.
Due to their ages they need time to rest and on the other side, they need an insurance which cover up the risk of an world tour. As far as I know the business,there is no company under the sun which will take over the risk for reasonable insurance costs.
That's why tour the last 11 years in the way the'll doing it in 2024 again. Selected shows on a stretched tour scale.
So Europe will be in 2025 - hopefully.

Let's keep our fingers crossed

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 21:13

As much as I would like to see them again in Europe, I'd feel so bad for the other parts of the world like OZ/NZ and especially South- and Middle-America. It just sadly doesn't seem likely that they'd tour SA under the current circumstance, first and foremost the situation in Argentina. Maybe if they lowered the guarantee they're asking for per night, it would be possible...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2023 21:45

Gangster-of-love
They won't do that kind of extensive touring.
Due to their ages they need time to rest and on the other side, they need an insurance which cover up the risk of an world tour. As far as I know the business,there is no company under the sun which will take over the risk for reasonable insurance costs.
That's why tour the last 11 years in the way the'll doing it in 2024 again. Selected shows on a stretched tour scale.
So Europe will be in 2025 - hopefully.

Let's keep our fingers crossed

This is not as complex as you're making it out to be. They clearly can get insurance, and do. Each leg of the tour would probably be insured separately as it's own event...so it's not a "WORLD TOUR" that's being insured.

The Stones probably pay high premiums but given the prices of tickets, I think they can well afford that.

I think they're motivated with a hot new album, and another one on the way. They're still relevant in their 80s, which is unbelievable.

They'll be fine, as will we!

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: December 13, 2023 22:05

Nothing different I've said.
One of the reasons they do the tours in their way is the insurance theme .
And the question was, if want to do a world tour? Definitely not in the way they did it with the release of ABB.
So different legs with a selected shows over a stretched touring scale - the will do as long as they can.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 22:27

treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

They're still relevant in their 80s, which is unbelievable.

Relevant in: have to see them live? Or relevant in making music which has some significant impact and is something new?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 22:56

jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

Relevant in: have to see them live? Or relevant in making music which has some significant impact and is something new?

Relevant in entertaining people

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 13, 2023 22:59

jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

somewhere in Paris I've seen a T-Shirt saying 'I might be old but I've seen the Rolling Stones live on stage'

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 13, 2023 23:01

jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

They're definitely relevant live. As far as "making music which has some significant impact and is something new," when/who is the last music artist to do this?

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 23:41

NashvilleBlues
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

They're definitely relevant live. As far as "making music which has some significant impact and is something new," when/who is the last music artist to do this?

For me Lana del Rey falls in that category (studio and live).
The Stones live is a big party and I enjoy the hell out of it. And the level in which they perform is still good, sometimes very good. But never do they reach the spirit, energy and musical quality they had 30 years ago. Back then they were relevant, now not so much I would say.

Date: December 14, 2023 02:43

hockenheim95
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

Relevant in entertaining people

That's mainly what I was getting at. Still making news and something a lot of people globally care about.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 14, 2023 07:39

NashvilleBlues
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

Like her or not but it sure seems there is a blonde female artist who is doing that.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 14, 2023 10:30

NashvilleBlues
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

Dylan

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 14, 2023 10:34

jackflash27
But never do they reach the spirit, energy and musical quality they had 30 years ago. Back then they were relevant, now not so much I would say.

Relevant is relevant. With media today, you know within minutes if something happed on the other side of the planet. The new Stones album and tour is and was all over every news outlet worldwide and thousands if not millions of people will come see them next year and have a very good time. Stones are not Taylor Swift and they don't want to be. Stones are the first ones to grow old and still perform as the greatest rock'n'roll band. So to us - yes, they are relevant.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: December 14, 2023 12:08

"There are rumours about venues booked for shows fall time in Europe 2024..."

Nothing gives me more HOPE for this X-mas! To overcome and keep going towards new year of 2024.

Let's see what are their plans! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 14, 2023 12:33

The FACT that BV has even created this thread, given his seemingly intimate knowledge of The Stones gives me cause for hope!

Mentioned to my wife we might see them in Australia and if so we might then cancel the US, And she said “no, regardless, we’re going Stateside. We’ll see them in Australia too”.

Rod

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 14, 2023 12:33

Just as I thought I was out...

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 14, 2023 14:43

daspyknows
NashvilleBlues
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Gangster-of-love

Like her or not but it sure seems there is a blonde female artist who is doing that.

Yep. I know all about her. I live in Hendersonville.

Date: December 14, 2023 14:48

Gangster-of-love
Nothing different I've said.
One of the reasons they do the tours in their way is the insurance theme .
And the question was, if want to do a world tour? Definitely not in the way they did it with the release of ABB.
So different legs with a selected shows over a stretched touring scale - the will do as long as they can.

Then what was your actual point?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 16, 2023 00:06

More than 14 dates on one tour.
Two legs/continents to tour in one year.

I feel my once wishful thinking turning into reality now…

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 16, 2023 13:56

Sure we are lucky fans:

* New album this year, first with Jagger/Richards songs ("Their own babies") since 2005)
* 19 (or may be 20) shows in USA & Canada April-July next year
* Rumours about stadium bookings fall time next year in Europe
* Rumours about Australia shows (fall next year or spring 2025)
* More new songs ("left overs"), and another album due after these tours

Everything since 2012 has been great bonus tours. It is great to know that they will take the Hackney Diamonds songs live across the world during the next year or so.

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2023 14:02

What would be the 20th show? Pre tour suprise gig? Or after tour big money gig (hard rock florida like)

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 16, 2023 15:06

bv
Sure we are lucky fans:

* New album this year, first with Jagger/Richards songs ("Their own babies") since 2005)
* 19 (or may be 20) shows in USA & Canada April-July next year
* Rumours about stadium bookings fall time next year in Europe
* Rumours about Australia shows (fall next year or spring 2025)
* More new songs ("left overs"), and another album due after these tours

Everything since 2012 has been great bonus tours. It is great to know that they will take the Hackney Diamonds songs live across the world during the next year or so.

you forgot the booze!grinning smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 16, 2023 15:14

PaintMonkeyManBlack
What would be the 20th show? Pre tour suprise gig? Or after tour big money gig (hard rock florida like)

fingers crossed it's a pre tour club gig open to the public and not restricted to the obscenely wealthy and there friends and family

hasn't robert kraft had enough private shows alreadywinking smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 16, 2023 15:24

I believe the rumour is an extra show at the end, a la 2021.
syrel

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: December 16, 2023 16:07

syrel
syrel

And that rumor is the Sphere, yes? Stonesdoug mentioned it weeks ago, but talk about it dwindled…

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 16, 2023 16:36

Yeah, I couldn't remember if it had publicly circulated or not.

I think all rumours dwindle after the initial buzz of the tour announcement.

syrel

Date: December 16, 2023 16:59

cyclist
syrel
syrel

And that rumor is the Sphere, yes? Stonesdoug mentioned it weeks ago, but talk about it dwindled…
Saw that rumour but one show at the sphere seems a bit… weird

So what are the rumours for europe?

- austria
- manchester (arena gig)

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: December 16, 2023 17:33

good morning ,,when would the rehearsal start...is the tv doc still coming
has any new release of any unreleased gem stopped..
thank you for any insight...happy holiday best wishes gold rings on you

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home