Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Stones Tour Europe
Date: December 11, 2023 13:19

There was an interview at German radio station SWR3 last friday.

Mick said:
"[...]We will start planing a tour, the next tour which I'm sure will be in Europe. So, but I don't think it will be in 2023[...]"

---> I think he meant 2024 in this sentence. So, no tour in Europe in 2024.

Mick Jagger - SWR3 interview 08.12.2023

The interview is split in four parts. I'm referring to the first part "Mick Jagger: „Hackney Diamonds“ und die nächste Deutschland-Tour" (ca. middle of the interview).

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: December 11, 2023 15:14

As I’ve posted in another thread there is an offer on the table from the new arena in Manchester UK for a show. The opening of the venue ties in with around the same time as the end of rehearsals would be for the US tour. It looks highly unlikely but there is dialogue, that I know.

The Middle Eastern owners have deep pockets and a few minority investors like Harry Styles are involved in it. I guess they want the arena to start with a bang and plenty of exposure.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2023 15:27

BeastOfBurdenGermany
There was an interview at German radio station SWR3 last friday.

Mick said:
"[...]We will start planing a tour, the next tour which I'm sure will be in Europe. So, but I don't think it will be in 2023[...]"

---> I think he meant 2024 in this sentence. So, no tour in Europe in 2024.

Mick Jagger - SWR3 interview 08.12.2023

The interview is split in four parts. I'm referring to the first part "Mick Jagger: „Hackney Diamonds“ und die nächste Deutschland-Tour" (ca. middle of the interview).

The reason why I would disagree with this observation is that they have to know that if they want to do the things they purportedly still want to do, release new albums, additional tours, they can't punt these things several years down the road.

Their time together now is incredibly finite.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 11, 2023 22:11

Europe 2025?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 12, 2023 05:35

babyblue
Europe 2025?

Yes.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: December 12, 2023 11:35

richie26188
As I’ve posted in another thread there is an offer on the table from the new arena in Manchester UK for a show. The opening of the venue ties in with around the same time as the end of rehearsals would be for the US tour. It looks highly unlikely but there is dialogue, that I know.

The Middle Eastern owners have deep pockets and a few minority investors like Harry Styles are involved in it. I guess they want the arena to start with a bang and plenty of exposure.

That's very interesting. Do you want to say that we might have a chance to see them in Europe in 2024???

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 12, 2023 12:45

richie26188

Co-op Live (the new Manchster Arena) will have a maximum (concert) capacity of 23,500.

The new venue Co-op Live Manchester looks like a great new venues, Except for 2019, when there were special circumstances, they do usually rehearse nearby the actual tour start location, and not 6 time zones away.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 12, 2023 15:45

MonicaDe
richie26188

That's very interesting. Do you want to say that we might have a chance to see them in Europe in 2024???

Not in 2024.

Posted by: VenusLoon ()
Date: December 12, 2023 16:00

Just a heads up for anyone in the UK, for £1 you can become a member of the Co-op. As a member you will get access to exclusive pre sales. The Co op arena would be an obvious indoor venue.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 02:16

MonicaDe
richie26188

I’d say it’s just a slim chance but not impossible.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 13, 2023 08:51

No inside knowledge, but 02 arena in London also has a convenient gap (enough for 2-3 shows)in its schedule towards end of September/start of October in 2024. An unusual gap for the 02 arena as this is a prime period for this venue.

Fully expecting Europe in 2025, but the venues are there if the Stones want a 2024 jaunt.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-13 09:04 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: December 13, 2023 11:46

Topi
MonicaDe
richie26188

Not in 2024.

I wouldn't be so sure, as there are discussions with event agency from Austria (s0meone has already posted the article in the meantime).

Date: December 13, 2023 13:25

It just feels something is brewing

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 13, 2023 14:25

If they perform a “warm-up gig” at the Co-op Live Manchester prior to the NA tour, that would be fantastic.

I don’t hold my breath, though.

Stones Going Back to Oz????
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 03:54

Saw on the Stones app someone had posted about seeing on the morning news (on channel 17) down under that the broadcast ya were getting ready to announce dates for shows in Australia!??!! Anyone heard anything about that!?)

Re: Stones Going Back to Oz????
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 13, 2023 04:57

VoodooLounge13
Saw on the Stones app someone had posted about seeing on the morning news (on channel 17) down under that the broadcast ya were getting ready to announce dates for shows in Australia!??!! Anyone heard anything about that!?)

Which actual station is on channel 17 here in Au?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 13, 2023 07:22

I haven’t a clue. Was only relaying what someone posted on the app. It appeared on the breakfast news as they called it and came here to see if anyone had heard anything.

Date: December 13, 2023 07:27

Having re-read the post it states that it aired at 7:17am. Sorry about that. Guess I took that as the channel!!! confused smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 08:27

Yes. It was the Entertainment reporter on C7 Sunrise show, Peter Ford, who is generally in the know who said that the two acts we are holding out for on an announcement on, “as it’s known they are coming in 2024”, are Beyoncé and The Rolling Stones.

If the Stones ARE announced and I can get tickets, before I head to the US for them, I’ll cancel the US trip, save $20k, and book the bloody best seats I can get for The Stones in Australia!!

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-13 08:30 by bitusa2012.

Date: December 13, 2023 08:36

bitusa2012
Yes. It was the Entertainment reporter on C7 Sunrise show, Peter Ford, who is generally in the know who said that the two acts we are holding out for on an announcement on, “as it’s known they are coming in 2024”, are Beyoncé and The Rolling Stones.

!

Wilkins or Ford?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 13, 2023 08:38

From 5:00 onwards:

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 09:27

CaptainCorella
bitusa2012

!

Wilkins or Ford?

Peter Ford

Rod

Posted by: Slop ()
Date: December 13, 2023 09:31

if true, this is very exciting news

Date: December 13, 2023 10:46

bitusa2012
CaptainCorella
bitusa2012

!

Wilkins or Ford?

Peter Ford

Hmmmm... he talks as if it's a done deal. Obviously can't be in the time before known dates. That tour goes through to early July. They'll need a break - so a September date would be the earliest. But compare the size of the market(s) - Australia/NZ vs Europe vs South America. Hmmmm.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 13, 2023 13:35

It wouldn’t have been mentioned if it wasn’t in the works. My thoughts anyway.

Date: December 13, 2023 16:03

PaintMonkeyManBlack
It just feels something is brewing
The change of this topic title makes me sure something is brewing..

Recommendation to read the first post of this topic. This post says a lot.

So if I try to find logic, and add rumours I would guess (no sources) something like this.

2024 spring/summer USA
2024 autumn Europe
2024/2025 end of year and beginning OZ/NZ, then Japan and some other Asia
2025 Spring: South America

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-13 16:13 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Re: The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds World Tour
Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 13, 2023 16:31

Now we are talking. Excitement now in maximum overdrive for a world tour spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-13 16:32 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: December 13, 2023 17:37

I wouldn't rules out Fall dates in Europe

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 17:56

Hell yeah, Europe Fall 2024 works for me. Been wanting to get to Germany. It makes way more sense to hit as many places as possible to keep up the momentum of the album. Waiting a year after North America for another leg just doesn’t sound right to me. Hopefully they are up for it

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 13, 2023 18:27

That ight fit my schedule well. Only plans are Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in SF the first weekend in October. That, I wont miss, so either before or after.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home