Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

when do YOU say enough is enough
Posted by: eric ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:11

Ok... its 2006 and the current tour ends. Now its 2008/9 and the boys go back out and they are playing the same crap with a few new ones...here is the question. DO YOU GO TO THE SHOW IN YOUR AREA or DO YOU STAY HOME.

I stay home.

Re: when do YOU say enough is enough
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:19

"when do YOU say enough is enough"..... what to these boring, tedious 'f'ing posts? I say stay at home.....

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:22

I said enough is enough after the "Bridges to Babylon" tour.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:23

Good for you...... zzzzzzzzzzz

Date: December 6, 2005 20:25

Hey, its a valid question... with all the bitching ( rightfully so ) I am wondering who will fork over the dough

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:25

When Mick, Keith, and Charlie quit playing together and/or the bank repossesses my house (re-financed to buy Stones tickets).

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:42

ablett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "when do YOU say enough is enough"..... what to
> these boring, tedious 'f'ing posts? I say stay at
> home.....

I'm still waiting for the deep and thrilling insights from the "this is boring, whine, whine, whine" crowd.

What interesting and informed things do you have to say about the Stones? About the tour?

All I can gather is that there's a gang out there whose viewpoint boils down to:

"Stones ROCK, dude."
"If you don't like it, stay home."
"Be grateful they're still around."
And the oh-so-beatific "let the music wash over you."

Still can't figure out how taking the "it's all good" stance does justice to the Stones or how it would make the board interesting and worthwhile if it were the only viewpoint being expressed. Will you let me know?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:55

It all depends how you get your kicks and what you get out of it.Sure its becoming too dam expensive.Your priorites change too.If you have more important things then enough is enough.I use to spend a fortune on collecting but i would sooner spend it on my son these days.Saying that i saw several US shows,and will see the UK shows and Argentinian ones.But then maybe its over.BUT NEVER SAY NEVER!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:57

I think I'd always see the Stones at some point on every tour, unless the prices become really unaffordable

I'd simply choose to see less shows.

Every tour prior to this one I've gone to more shows than I did the previous tour and more than I intended to see. This tour is the exception.

The prices and lack of interesting setlists have just made me decide to see less shows this time. Last tour I saw 4 shows (in 2 separate trips) in the US and 9 in Britain & Ireland. This tour its 2 shows in the US in January and 4 (maybe 5) in Europe.

The weird thing is that its actually cheaper to travel abroad to see the shows these days, which is why I'm going to go to Berlin and Nice to see them as its as cheap to get there and costs less to see the shows than it will be to see the UK shows. I'll just make a short holiday going to those places and catching a show - sounds like more fun than being ripped off seeing them in Sheffield, Cardiff or Glasgow.

Date: December 6, 2005 20:58

Maybe its the hope of getting that ONE song during the show of your choice that brings us back. Kinda like golf, you can suck all day long and then on the 18th hole hit that one SWEET drive and your back the next day only to bitch and complain and how your game sucked.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:59

I said enough is enough quite a while back. Didn't think it would get any better than No Security. Then Licks came along and I scored a theatre ticket and went to 7 others. Wasnt too interested in this tour either but was able to go to a few shows on my own terms (cheap, free etc). I have seen a few dozen "last shows " so everything else is just gravy. I don't feel any need or even particular desire to see them again. It all depends on the circumstances, but I wont drop everything and starve myself so I can go to a few more shows. Then again going in with "No Expectations" is a lot more fun then going in with a $450 ticket and unrealistic wish list.

Date: December 6, 2005 21:03

eric Wrote:
> Maybe its the hope of getting that ONE song during
> the show of your choice that brings us back. Kinda
> like golf, you can suck all day long and then on
> the 18th hole hit that one SWEET drive and your
> back the next day only to bitch and complain and
> how your game sucked.

I know how that feels, Eric..thats a good point!

To be honest, though, I always enjoy the social side of Stones shows and meeting up with old friends again. Thats become as much fun as the shows are, even though I've always enjoyed the shows too. A stones tour is a nice excuse to see different countries and meet up with people

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:11

wine moan moan wine and then bitch.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:20

nankerphlege Wrote:
> wine moan moan wine and then bitch.

Exactly,I'm gettin pissed off with these posts & for those who aint happy go bitch somewhere else.

As far as I'm concerned,as long as they tour I'm gonna be there - its still the best show out there - by a mile.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:23

You rock Ged Rambler!
Go dawgs!

Posted by: Here it Comes ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:27

As long as I can get GOOD GOOD seats at an indoor arena... sure, I'm game. I won't go to an outdoor arena and wouldn't sit farther than 20 rows from them.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:31

I said enough after Roseland. And that was only 2nd show ever. Mortgages, golf -- I'm not in the same world as some of you.

And "wine," too. Sheesh.

cc

Date: December 6, 2005 21:39

Ged Rambler Wrote:
> nankerphlege Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > wine moan moan wine and then bitch.
>
>
> Exactly,I'm gettin pissed off with these posts
> & for those who aint happy go bitch somewhere
> else.

Posts?

Hmm..as far as I can see above, only Duane said he'd had enough (and that was two tours ago...)

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: December 6, 2005 22:02

I would go only to the US and skip Europe I think. You pay more you get more value and the boys are eager to play.
That was my opinion on this tour, but I wait for 2006 and what they will show s. But to me it was a disappointment not to show any arena in the European leg

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 6, 2005 22:10

I think that the adventure called The Rolling Stones should never end. But I see a decline since the Bridges to Babylon tour, too. The most prominent decline is Ronnies guitar work. The brilliance of the others can't compensate this. Two conditions must be fullfilled if the Stones want to have a future 50+. They must solve the problem Ronnie, and they should concentrate on their roots - the blues. Then they will be everlasting in some sense.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: December 6, 2005 23:15

eric Wrote:
> Ok... its 2006 and the current tour ends. Now its
> 2008/9 and the boys go back out and they are
> playing the same crap with a few new ones...here
> is the question. DO YOU GO TO THE SHOW IN YOUR
> AREA or DO YOU STAY HOME.
>
> I stay home.

I sort of answered that in the Setlist Whiners thread...

I stop going when I can't Dance or Sing Along anymore, because that's what I'm there for in the first place.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home