Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2023 05:55

StonedRambler
EddieByword
He's right about the Stones appropriating Hackney for a day - no serious Stones links to Hackney but although he might not like it, probably most in Hackney couldn't care less either way. In any event, it's not illegal.

He's definitely talking nonsense about them "not doing anything else but be the Stones" - as we all know, all the Stones, current and ex have done loads of solo projects and Mick has done loads in film, acting and producing.

What's even worse is that they called one album "Exile on main street" although Villa Nellcote wasn't even on main street.

That might be the greatest Stones joke ever.

Re: grinning smileyRe: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2023 05:56

Paddy
What’s Damon Albarn ever done for the park life??

nice.

Re: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2023 06:01

stargroover
Years back the boys would have fired back.
I could imagine Keef maybe saying:
“Who the fxxk is Damon Albany?”

I recall, vaguely, something about one of those Oasis guys chirping about fighting Keith and he figured it out, Right, good one, your cover of Street Fighting Man is coming out, looking for print.

Keith doesn't need to wonder who Damon Albarn is.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2023 06:52

Kayne West .....

Keith: --- Never heard of her .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2023 08:00

MOJO 362 ---- January 2024

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 13, 2023 08:47

Rockman
Kayne West .....

Keith: --- Never heard of her .....

First time - I thought it was a subway station...

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 15, 2023 01:15

A fascinating read there,a massive thank you for posting ,much appreciated.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: December 15, 2023 01:51

His music is less interesting than the Stones', but his criticism is fair

Date: December 15, 2023 03:25

Did Mick by any chance tell Damon not to be angry with him?

Date: April 15, 2024 16:52

Funny to see the boy Damon losing it at the Coachella audience because they didn't know his biggest hit song and didnt want to sing its crappy chorus.
He is the gift that keeps giving, but now he should give it up...
As for Mogwai, I wouldn't even bother to flush them down Glasgow' worst sh*tter if they all died on it. That's one group that should have died young ....

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 17:28

Damon sound full of self importance. I had never heard of him before this thread.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 15, 2024 17:46

MadMetaphoricalMax
Funny to see the boy Damon losing it at the Coachella audience because they didn't know his biggest hit song and didnt want to sing its crappy chorus.
He is the gift that keeps giving, but now he should give it up...
As for Mogwai, I wouldn't even bother to flush them down Glasgow' worst sh*tter if they all died on it. That's one group that should have died young ....

It was a strange decision for Blur to perform, quite honestly. A very Generation Z roster of acts', with a young audience, who'd have hardly been aware of Blur's U.K. popularity from 30+ years' ago.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 15, 2024 17:55

Who the fuk is Blur?

Date: April 15, 2024 21:16

I wonder if Damon is still "really pissed off" by The Rolling Stones, or whether he's cooled off ...and now maybe just "mildly irritated" or "slightly anguished"?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 15, 2024 21:54

Possibly he's done promoting his album so he doesn't need to make outrageous statements about other artists. Something Keith knows a thing or two about as well.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 15, 2024 23:20

Big Al
It was a strange decision for Blur to perform, quite honestly. A very Generation Z roster of acts', with a young audience, who'd have hardly been aware of Blur's U.K. popularity from 30+ years' ago.
I'm not in any way a Blur fan, but their song Song 2 is played constantly still these days, and covered by many people. So they still have a presence, and Damon is known within the industry so he's a "name" which is harder and harder to find these days.

Having said that, the guy's had a hard year. He made a comment about Taylor Swift within the last year and got CRUCIFIED, by her fans, music people in general, and Taylor herself. So he should definitely learn to just keep his mouth shut cause then he's just gonna have to apologize.

Date: April 16, 2024 16:12

I was a fan of Damon Albarn's music some time ago.

It was a bit of a blur, really.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 16, 2024 17:16

Blur remains a very good band no matter what Albran thinks of the Stones.

And Albran can think shit of the Stones, but I would still love the Stones.

Words don't hurt me

C

Date: April 16, 2024 17:49

liddas
Blur remains a very good band no matter what Albran thinks of the Stones.

And Albran can think shit of the Stones, but I would still love the Stones.

Words don't hurt me

C

I don't think he 'dislikes' the Stones at all. His comments were more to do with the location of the album unveiling: Hackney, London. Personally, I feel Keith. himself, addressed the reason behind the choice: when Fallon asked him, 'why Hackney?' - or something to that effect - Keith responded with: 'we're a London band' Actually, perhaps that remark was to do with the album's title. Anyway, I don't think it matters. Albarn's remarks were silly and pointless. I still like Blur, too.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 16, 2024 20:21

The best thing to come out of this is Europe will get more Graham Coxon in the future, be it with Blur or whatever he's doing.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 22, 2024 16:08

This guy's been p'd off since the 90's when grunge threatened to ruin the Brit Pop music scene once and for all before they made their landmark album and cleared the way for the likes of Oasis and others.

Date: April 23, 2024 20:01

Well...he should be grateful that they are still able (without Charlie and Bill) to record an album like the one they have just recorded.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 24, 2024 10:02

Britpop came after Grunge, and was killed by cocaine.

Date: April 24, 2024 11:02

vertigojoe
Britpop came after Grunge, and was killed by cocaine.

Yes, grunge certainly does pre-date Brit-Pop. In fact, the latter was a reaction to what was coming out that American scene. It’s funny, as although Blur are seen as being synonymous with the Brit-Pop movement, they do pre-date it. They got their break around the same time as the Charlatans, circa 1990.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 23:34

Yes but grunge from what I’ve read was huge in England/UK at that time and were eclipsing the local bands which ticked off this guy and they recorded their landmark album as a response to grunge and it was a huge hit and cleared the way for the likes of Oasis and all the rest that came thereafter.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 26, 2024 01:15

My impression is that the shoegazer scene at that time was far more important background for Blur to develop as band, although going in another direction.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 26, 2024 08:34

The start of the 90's was an interesting time for guitar music in the UK. You had bands like Blur, Suede, Pulp, Manic Street Preachers, Charlatans, Verve all releasing solid albums before the Britpop tag came along. Then came Definitely Maybe by Oasis. This was the album that changed everything and for me is still one of the most important albums by any British band (regardless of what came for Oasis after this). It ignited a flame and with a sprinkling of grunge from North America guitar music was at an all time high. There were so many bands that the come down towards the end of the 90's was inevitable. It was a glorious time for British music and it's also why you see so many acts from that decade still going strong with solid fanbases today.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-26 08:37 by petewasbristol.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home