Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2023 15:18

windmelody
Treaclefingers & GasLightStreet, it is great to have the Stones around, and I like beautiful girls.The only thing I wanted to say is, that it is hard to live up to a song you sang at 22 when you are 80.Even Sir Michael said that is hard to tour as a rock musician when you are older than seventy. By the way, Satisfaction is a good track - but I do not think that it stands out that much if one listens to all the great numbers the Stones recorded.

Hi windmelody...I'm not sure why you're addressing GLS & I or what we necessarily have to do with your observations...however I will say I agree with your two points.

I'm not sure if somewhere along the line in this thread what I said made you think I disagreed with them. (I don't think those topics even came up).

At any rate back on topic, I'll say it's poor form denigrating other artists, when you're an artist. I never liked it when Keith "went there" through the years. I think it's shows an immaturity and maybe even petty jealousy, which is certainly what I think of the Albarn observations. Just sad really.

Re: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: December 11, 2023 15:21

treaclefingers
windmelody
Treaclefingers & GasLightStreet, it is great to have the Stones around, and I like beautiful girls.The only thing I wanted to say is, that it is hard to live up to a song you sang at 22 when you are 80.Even Sir Michael said that is hard to tour as a rock musician when you are older than seventy. By the way, Satisfaction is a good track - but I do not think that it stands out that much if one listens to all the great numbers the Stones recorded.

Hi windmelody...I'm not sure why you're addressing GLS & I or what we necessarily have to do with your observations...however I will say I agree with your two points.

I'm not sure if somewhere along the line in this thread what I said made you think I disagreed with them. (I don't think those topics even came up).

At any rate back on topic, I'll say it's poor form denigrating other artists, when you're an artist. I never liked it when Keith "went there" through the years. I think it's shows an immaturity and maybe even petty jealousy, which is certainly what I think of the Albarn observations. Just sad really.

The difference is that Keith said things that many people thought while Damon just bullshit.

Date: December 11, 2023 15:31

HardRiffin
treaclefingers
windmelody

The difference is that Keith said things that many people thought while Damon just bullshit.

Well I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that, except to say that it shouldn't matter. He should be above that. It cheapens him.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 11, 2023 15:54

They both should really..

We all know that Keith can a bit of gobshite...[much of it intentional mischievousness I suspect.]

Damon Albarn is evidently cast in a similar mode...but perhaps with rather less to back it up.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 11, 2023 15:55

EddieByword
He's right about the Stones appropriating Hackney for a day - no serious Stones links to Hackney but although he might not like it, probably most in Hackney couldn't care less either way. In any event, it's not illegal.

He's definitely talking nonsense about them "not doing anything else but be the Stones" - as we all know, all the Stones, current and ex have done loads of solo projects and Mick has done loads in film, acting and producing.

What's even worse is that they called one album "Exile on main street" although Villa Nellcote wasn't even on main street.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: December 11, 2023 18:08

If Damon is lucky enough to still be singing and performing when HE is 80, I am sure his thinking may mature... winking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 11, 2023 22:05

dumb ill informed take from somebody i've never heard of before

sweeney clearly consented to her appearance in the video and wasn't exploited

that being i still think her inclusion in the otherwise great and cleaver video was a cringy cliche mistake

if they really needed a thin curvy person with the body of a model to give a lap dance to a moving car i'm sure mick would have fit in that dress and looked stunning!grinning smiley

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 11, 2023 22:18

Well, the Stones have done something for Hackney now, haven’t they? Raising its international profile.

He’s just being silly but that’s his prerogative.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 11, 2023 22:43

I'd like to see local sexy ladies from Hackney being driven around in cars playing Stones music.winking smiley I "support" this although it makes me a bad person in the opinion of discerning Stones Fans. May their quest to cleanse Rock And Roll of all it's dirtiness be "un" successful.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-11 22:50 by frankotero.

Date: December 11, 2023 22:58

Not sure how to include "Taliban" in all this. That one just blew my mind. They dig half naked chicks? For sure I better not cross that line with BV. Hey, it's kind of Pulp Fiction though.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 11, 2023 23:09

frankotero
Not sure how to include "Taliban" in all this. That one just blew my mind. They dig half naked chicks? For sure I better not cross that line with BV. Hey, it's kind of Pulp Fiction though.

Well, I didn't bring them up, but I am sorry if I didn't explain my point clearly enough. What I meant was that the Taliban (or any religious fundamentalist) would think a girl in a car is very shocking and "rebellious". And, so, apparantly, do you.
Most grown ups just think it's a rather silly way to brand a product. But hey, if it works for Coca-Cola, right?

Date: December 11, 2023 23:19

Maxtil, you got me wrong or sort of. I don't find it shocking and rebellious but I do like it (beautiful women being sexy). So, in your opinion maybe I'm not as mature as you. That's okay, because I prefer not to be in that category. So maybe we make nice on that somehow? For the record if it matters, I prefer Coke to Pepsi.winking smiley

Date: December 12, 2023 00:09

frankotero
Maxtil, you got me wrong or sort of. I don't find it shocking and rebellious but I do like it (beautiful women being sexy). So, in your opinion maybe I'm not as mature as you. That's okay, because I prefer not to be in that category. So maybe we make nice on that somehow? For the record if it matters, I prefer Coke to Pepsi.winking smiley

I think the both of you should not be angry with each other.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 12, 2023 01:03

What would everyone prefer..

A nude Ayyyeye Phillis Diller
screeemin'along Sunset Strip in a golf buggy ... .... HHHaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 12, 2023 01:56

Rockman

would have been a good video idea for driving to fastwinking smiley

Date: December 12, 2023 01:59

ProfessorWolf
Rockman

would have been a good video idea for driving to fastwinking smiley

Or maybe if they'd done a song called "Driving While Impaired"?! HHHaaaaaa!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 12, 2023 17:18

StonedRambler

What's even worse is that they called one album "Exile on main street" although Villa Nellcote wasn't even on main street.

Bugger ! That's why they haven't responded to my letters these last 50 years !

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: December 12, 2023 17:38

I think it's a real shame when musicians criticize other musicians (Keith included).
I mean, I get that the vast majority of these headlines are speculative and the original statements are only made in the first place when there is a record/book/tour to promote, but it just somehow cheapens the person. To me, at least.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 12, 2023 18:04

Damon Albarn is a bell end

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 12, 2023 19:55

treaclefingers
windmelody

Hi windmelody...I'm not sure why you're addressing GLS & I or what we necessarily have to do with your observations.

I asked Windmelody "Why or how might it be a little bizarre?" about Mick singing Satisfaction at 80.

In 1965 it mattered but Mick and Keith didn't like it. It hasn't mattered since 1972 when they last played it until 1981, except for Knebworth, horrendously!

Ageism aside, it's their first biggest hit. It's just a song. It's no more bizarre than them still playing Start Me Up.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 12, 2023 22:07

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
windmelody

Hi windmelody...I'm not sure why you're addressing GLS & I or what we necessarily have to do with your observations.

I asked Windmelody "Why or how might it be a little bizarre?" about Mick singing Satisfaction at 80.

In 1965 it mattered but Mick and Keith didn't like it. It hasn't mattered since 1972 when they last played it until 1981, except for Knebworth, horrendously!

Ageism aside, it's their first biggest hit. It's just a song. It's no more bizarre than them still playing Start Me Up.

To the point, GasLightStreet, it is not more bizarre to play Satisfaction at eighty than Start me up - or Song 2. Beeing a performing rockstar at eighty simply is a challenge.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 12, 2023 22:40

Years back the boys would have fired back.
I could imagine Keef maybe saying:
“Who the fxxk is Damon Albany?”

Date: December 12, 2023 22:42

Its probably even harder ta find any real
satisfaction in the modern world of today ....

There's more useless information than ever...
The Tv screen is now clogged with women tryin
ta sell & tell how to look after their losin' streak
and how white the modern male tutu dress should now be ... hhhhhaaaaa

Hold the chorus and change the bits in between ...
Satisfaction still holds up as strong as ever ....

Move ta Cloud and
The parking tickets aint on the windscreen so much
any more ..... they just issue you a fine and a photo
which you can access if you pay some kinda hefty $$$$ fee ....... HHhaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 12, 2023 23:42

The Stones have never been hip in in indie/shoegazer/britpop circles. So to criticize them is not a big deal there. There is some class politics involved here also.

Date: December 12, 2023 23:47

The Times Are a Changing. I prefer the old ways too, but we're on the way out regardless. Party like it's 1999 as much as you can I say.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 12, 2023 23:57

You know, Damon has a point. Now that I think about it, was Mick really born in a literal crossfire hurricane? Did he really buy a slave in New Orleans who was spirited away from the Gold Coast? Was Mick truly the Midnight Rambler? Is Mick really Lucifer or Rumpelstiltskin? Was he really an aging racecar driver who never stops? Maybe we should all be pissed off by his repeated insistence in writing lyrics that aren't 100% autobiographical. Thank God we have authentic artists like Damon. I would be tremendously disappointed if I learned he borrowed much of his musical identity from Ray Davies. That would make him seem so disingenuous.

Date: December 13, 2023 00:15

john lomax
Damon Albarn is a bell end

You mean...like a ding dong?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 13, 2023 05:01

Hackney Diamonds = Slang for broken glass. (I thought)

Do I have to be connected to a place to use it in slang? F**k it’s as cold as Siberia. Do I need to have been in Siberia once before I can say this. Do I have to have actually seen cats and dogs fall from the sky once before its ok to say it’s raining cats and dogs?

Albarns coming off like a grumpy old man. I couldn’t care less what he says about the Stones but reality is his ex girlfriend and ex band mate both had more talent than he did. Albarns Nut Gone Flake.

(check out Elastica)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-13 05:02 by Paddy.

Date: December 13, 2023 05:07

hey Paddy ....

whats worse than rainin' cats an dogs ?????

Hailing taxies

ROCKMAN

grinning smileyRe: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 13, 2023 05:55

What’s Damon Albarn ever done for the park life??

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home