Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

People we must be realistic
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:24

We must stop complaning about the set lists. While I admit I would love to here songs like She was hot or worried about you or mothers little helper and so on. Also yes I could do without Brown Sugar every night. But the reality is the large number of people who come to see them and pay big money expect to here all the greatest hits I was at a show this tour and the war horses are the ones that get the biggest response from the crowd so they can only play so many rearitys at a show or else they will not satisfy the majority of the people. But I can live with that and will still see them whenever possible.

Re: People we must be realistic
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:27

why must we? I say we mustn't.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:32

Not again..............please please please please please please please please.
C'mon, really go for it, spoil yourself...lets have your ticket price post.

Oily.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:33

And I need to hear a little more on the state of Ron Wood...

Posted by: eric ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:33

Rickster-

I can agree to a point HOWEVER.... the B2B tour No Security US tour gave both and did quite well and they please everyone with Great setlist that we New, old and older.. it can be done... I mean the majority of the crowd is atleast 35 or older with splashes of 20 year olds and younger ( this is awsome but nowhere near the majority ) and actually lots of people over 45-50.. with that being said Since when is Mother's little helper or Lady Jane or Worried or Crazy Moma or Hand of Fate or Heart of Stone etc NOT warhorses due to the age of the crowd... I bet any of the songs listed would get a better applause from the Majority of the crowd than HTW or BS..... Rememeber the majority of the crowd is over 35 and I think HOT ROCKS was thier biggest selling record and Disc one is almost totally forgotten on this tour. I hate that term warhorses....the 60's big songs are just as big as the Late sixities and Actually much more special due to their relevance 40 years later. Example on the shows they did AS TEARS GO BUY that is all anyone talked about being the highlight... not SMU or TD.....sorry but I have to disagree giving the success they had on not to long ago tours doing the real old stuff......they are getting lazy on this one.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:37

Oooof.....someone took the bait.

Oily.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:39

the same old songs on this tour...but done in a new and alive way...the so-called warhorses never sounded better..and yes i would kill to hear them play winter, lady jane, etc but they are playing now better then ever...so at least enjoy...and let it rock. by the way, woodie is better then ever too..

Date: December 6, 2005 17:46

hot stuff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the same old songs on this tour...but done in a
> new and alive way...

new? in what sense? the same arrangements as they've been playing for 2 decades, no?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 6, 2005 18:12

new in that the guitars are much more out front...less horns, lisa and chuck..
as i said before it reminds me of the 1975 tour.. stones back to being the stones and less like a legas act.. jagger seemed to be renewed and keith and ronnie are MUCH BETTER... so for me the old songs sound new again..oomc sounded like they just wrote it...just no brian on it..anyway the stones sound is new and alive...not playing by numbers .

Date: December 6, 2005 18:19

i give credit to the sound guys, not the Stones (okay, they hired better sound guys)...but aside from that it's a been-there-done-that run through tired material. I've seen four shows - enjoyed them all - but I disagree with the notion that there's anything new under the sun here.

Date: December 6, 2005 18:30

Ok lets go one step futher.. if the sound is more upfront like in the still life and before tours then how about the same kind of setlist so we can hear those songs again. Under My thumb, Slave, Little T&A etc....

Date: December 6, 2005 19:08

Yes As tears go buy was grest and people loved it but thats just one rarley heard song if they did 5 or 6 in a night and thew out say 4 warhorses people probably would not be happy at least in a big stadium show that is it could be done in a club like the liks tour. Also I know people are not happy that there is no club shows this time but the reason for that is there trying to play in more citys and not 3 different venues in each city.

Date: December 6, 2005 19:36

good point, eric (although they've never played Slave).

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: December 6, 2005 19:50

Old discussion. Crap.

Date: December 6, 2005 19:56

T&A.. you are correct sorry for that one. But they did play BLACK LIMOSINE and I wish we could go back to those setlist... with starstar... wow... where was the need for all the "WARHORSES" then??????

Date: December 6, 2005 19:57

Wolter Wrote:
> Old discussion. Crap.

Old crap. Discussion.

Date: December 6, 2005 19:59

Oh who cares...it needs to be said. OVER AND OVER until people stop makin excuses for them...shit even MECCA is playing 36 songs for 3 hours...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:01

You don't have to complain about the setlists Rickster but issuing imperatives on this site will not stop others from doing so no matter what you or anyone else says so you might as well accept it; People will bitch!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:16

Rickster Wrote:
> We must stop complaning about the set lists.

WE?? Funny, Rick, I dont recall you starting to do so

But feel free to speak on everyone else's behalf who you dont agree with,anytime winking smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 6, 2005 22:25

I can live without Mother's Little Helper, Can I Get A Witness, Who's Driving Your Plane or Slave live, even though I don't want to hear only greatest hits. These warhorses belong to a Stones concert.
Lots of my friends who apparanetly go seeing the Stones know not more than 20-25 songs - guess what songs, among them aren't Empty Heart, Lies or Fight. They go and ant to hear BS, JJF and HTW. That's the point.
Would you go to concert of a band you only know a fistful of songs, an they play never heard material for two hours? I can't imagine.

Date: December 6, 2005 22:29

That is my point exactly they can play 1 or 2 never played or rarley played live songs which they do but not an entire show except maby a club show of only hard core fans. But a 2 hour show without the hits would not work in a stadium or areana.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 6, 2005 22:32

Exactly!

Posted by: stonesmachine ()
Date: December 6, 2005 22:46

I havent been in here in 2 months and when I come back, ....the same old setlist discussions. Give it up folks, either go see them or dont go see them, the setlist isnt negotiable

Date: December 6, 2005 22:51

stonesmachine Wrote:
> I havent been in here in 2 months and when I come
> back, ....

come back again in 2 more months - we'll keep the home fires burnin' for ya....

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: December 6, 2005 22:59

Go to the Amsterdam Arena...you'll hear the concert a couple of times at random without recognizing half of it, now that's a quit unpredictable setlist...;-)

Posted by: stonesmachine ()
Date: December 6, 2005 23:03

T&A Wrote:
> stonesmachine Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I havent been in here in 2 months and when I
> come
> > back, ....
>
>
> come back again in 2 more months - we'll keep the
> home fires burnin' for ya....
>

OK sse ya in a couple

Date: December 6, 2005 23:05

I am going to the Amsterdam Arena and never been before... is it really that bad. I dont know if I can stand hearing Ronnie 4 times during the same song

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: December 6, 2005 23:09

What if they take away Nachtwacht from the Rijksmuseum, the Sunflowers from the Van Gogh or the Mona Lisa from the Louvre and stash them in the basement storage because some "I-don't-have-a-life" art expert thinks it was too much of a warhorse.

They did 44 songs so far, some cool rare stuff for you as well.

There are an average of over 30.000 people in the audience. Only a few hundred of those are Die Hard Fulltimers. And of those there are only a handfyll of IORR-Tell-ME-Setlist-Whiners.

Get over it. Enjoy the show,

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: December 6, 2005 23:13

eric Wrote:
> I am going to the Amsterdam Arena and never been
> before... is it really that bad. I dont know if I
> can stand hearing Ronnie 4 times during the same
> song

sorry Eric, that's my opinion (and many other's), if you're standing FOS it's a little less terrible but overall it's the worse place to be for a rockshow (or anything producing sound..)

tip; if you can afford it, get rid of those tix and go to an outdoor show somewhere else, you won't blame yourself after it's all passed

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 6, 2005 23:20

setlist for '06

gomper
we love you
dandelion
too much blood
have mercy
blue turns to grey
let it loose
might as well get juiced
sittin on a fence
ride on baby
i don't know why
route 66(b stage)
neocon(b stage)
rambler(b stage)
luxury
dance little sister
jigsaw puzzle
ssmc
iwtl
rfd

what non stonesfreak would enjoy this show? i left keith out because everyone just bitches about his songs anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home