Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

JJF in Memphis, oops
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 6, 2005 16:44

Haven’t seen any comments about this, so maybe my ears were playing tricks on me, but did anyone notice Mick forgot the words to Jumping Jack Flash when he tried to sing the first verse. There was an awkward moment and then they jumped right into “It’s Alright Now…”

Re: JJF in Memphis, oops
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 6, 2005 16:57

That sounds alarming!!! Demented already at his age?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-06 21:54 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:11

Incredible !
When I see the tickets prices, Mick has the nerve to forget the lyrics !
What a shame !

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:12

Even I know those lyrics!smiling smiley

Date: December 6, 2005 21:45

It's funny to read that as I was just ponndering the guitar/technical glitches that plauged the opening of the Memphis show.

I was flashing back to a post gig conversation I had with a friend of mine who also went to the show. We were talking about ticket grosses and the Stones' rumored $million$ concert performance guarantee. My friend was astute enough to observe "A million bucks a show and they still can't keep Keith's guitar plugged in???"

I sighed a knowing sigh, as we both knew he was really on target. I demanded he pull over and slapped him violently for being so right. I got out of the car to walk back to my hotel but was sure to kick a dent in his car as he drove away.

Memphis was cold that night, in many ways.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:53

I think he did the same for BITCH in Houston. The band and Mick were at 2 different parts of the song and Mick just kept singing, "you got the... you got the..." It happens.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 6, 2005 22:29

Be quite, Mick didn't remember the right words e.g. in Paris '76 on Angie, it is business as usual since 43 years ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home