Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question: Time zone
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 29, 2023 23:22

I want to buy tickets for Los Angeles, July 10 at the general sale Friday morning at 10h a.m. I am in Quebec, so Eastern Canada. I guess it'll start at 1h00 p.m.here...

Am I right?

Re: Question: Time zone
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 29, 2023 23:25

I can't even.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 30, 2023 00:03

Hope this helps. [www.timeanddate.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2023 14:45

That's right Daniel, there's a 3 hour time difference between Quebec and the West Coast. You're on the same time zone as Toronto correct?

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: November 30, 2023 16:17

You are correct, I'm in Atlantic Canada and it's a 4 hour difference for me, so 3 hours for you.
Yes, Toronto and Quebec are in the same time zone (Eastern).

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 30, 2023 21:31

treaclefingers
That's right Daniel, there's a 3 hour time difference between Quebec and the West Coast. You're on the same time zone as Toronto correct?

Going a bit off topic, I wonder if/when California/Oregon/Washington will decide to stop changing the clocks twice a year. That's the only way BC will adopt the same policy. Some here say we don't need to wait for them to decide but with all the commerce/trade as well as thousands crossing the border each day, it would create a lot of confusion having to adjust your watches every time.

Back to the time zones, seems some people in the east sometimes forget about the time differences. I know I had a work colleague in Toronto call me on my cell and it was 6 in the morning my time, woke me up! He said oh, I forgot you guys are behind us.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 1, 2023 05:28

DGA35
treaclefingers

Going a bit off topic, I wonder if/when California/Oregon/Washington will decide to stop changing the clocks twice a year. That's the only way BC will adopt the same policy. Some here say we don't need to wait for them to decide but with all the commerce/trade as well as thousands crossing the border each day, it would create a lot of confusion having to adjust your watches every time.

Back to the time zones, seems some people in the east sometimes forget about the time differences. I know I had a work colleague in Toronto call me on my cell and it was 6 in the morning my time, woke me up! He said oh, I forgot you guys are behind us.

Yeah I get that sometimes, the phone calls (or texts).

Hopefully we'll stay on Central Daylight Time year round starting in 2024 because the 4:58 PM sunsets are stupid.

So archaic to go back to standard time. I'll take late darkness in the morning over early darkeness in the evening.

And it's not about school children, a tired and ridiculous fake argument.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home