Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Los Angeles CA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2023 13:42

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour 2024 show and travel here:

Los Angeles CA USA

Bjornulf

Re: Los Angeles CA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: likecats ()
Date: November 29, 2023 22:44

Looking at both L.A. shows there is a section 516 that has around 76 cheap tickets ($86 all in) but when you click on that section I just see a big blue parallelogram with no option to choose seats. Very mysterious. It's a nosebleed section anyway and not very appealing, but very mysterious. Anyone else seen this?

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: November 29, 2023 22:48

I looked around the AARP presale and then artist presale. Overall it looks like the GA rear ($209.70 all in) is probably the best value if you're on a budget.

I don't need to pay $680 to see them again from the pit but that's just my preference.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 2, 2023 11:24

From last time they performed at this stadium - maybe helps to choose tickets:

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 3, 2023 18:35

Looking for a Start Me Up package for second show 7/13. Email sgcub@comcast.net

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 3, 2023 19:42

SMU packages are non-transferable.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2023 18:56

SoFi Stadium is built like a big hole in the ground. As you leave the venue after the show, you climb a LOT of stairs up, to get out. I wonder what is happening if there is a panic, or a fire.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 4, 2023 19:11

bv
SoFi Stadium is built like a big hole in the ground. As you leave the venue after the show, you climb a LOT of stairs up, to get out. I wonder what is happening if there is a panic, or a fire.

Was an absolute nightmare.. and the primary reason Im not doing LA again.
That, and the stadium is also a real pain getting to and from.

The newest and most expensive stadium on the last tour, and the issues continue as I just read reviews from recent Taylor Swift shows there with the same complaints.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: December 4, 2023 19:24

MisterDDDD
bv

The newest and most expensive stadium on the last tour, and the issues continue as I just read reviews from recent Taylor Swift shows there with the same complaints.

Am considering going since I've never seen them in LA, if I sat higher up does that help? Or is the entire place a "nightmare?" thx

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 4, 2023 19:28

snoopy2
MisterDDDD
bv

Am considering going since I've never seen them in LA, if I sat higher up does that help? Or is the entire place a "nightmare?" thx

Definitely would help..thumbs up
Beautiful stadium and grounds.. if I decided last minute to go and I was anywhere on the floor, I would start heading out before the encore.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: December 4, 2023 21:53

bv

We were able to catch an elevator up out of the field level, they had it available for handicap people. My friend has bad knees and going up was going to be hard on her.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 01:15

I was in the PIT at Sofi last time and getting out was like climbing stairs for an hour. Worth it for Dip PIT but be prepared for that. Parking was also $80 in the lot. I did love the venue tho and it is easy to get to.

Kinda wish they were at the Rose Bowl for old times sake….

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 5, 2023 02:52

bv

Don't forget earthquake. If something bad happens lawyers will win as there will be negligence found. Last time security wouldn't let people through a door down to the floor that was the same escalator pair up the floor and people were congregating and pushing against a large window next to the door. I got the attention of a guy who had let me up and he opened the door and people streamed through. That could have ended badly if the band had come on.

Date: December 5, 2023 10:16

bv

OK. Let's not jinx it. I might be going to see both shows... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: December 5, 2023 20:24

MisterDDDD
snoopy2
MisterDDDD
bv

Definitely would help..thumbs up
Beautiful stadium and grounds.. if I decided last minute to go and I was anywhere on the floor, I would start heading out before the encore.

If you care to see climb for yourself, there are some TikTok’s from recent Swift/Beyonce shows…rather than clutter up this site with links, search “Sofi” and “ramps”.

If you choose to go, and don’t want to deal with the ramps to field, getting in and out of seats on 200 level and above are fine. (Some of the seats on 200 level with a “C” prefix have a “VIP” entrance if you are into that sort of thing; they are easier to get in and out but not necessary.)

My sense is the NFL owners who designed the place assumed field level would be restricted access for team personnel and VIPs, never thought through access for concerts etc., or didn’t care, and didn’t bother with adding an escalator to that floor.

The reason for building the stadium in a big hole is to provide a lower profile given the footprint is in LAX flight path. FAA wouldn’t allow the stadium to be built if the stadium was built entirely above ground. Stadium is close to where I live, and I’ve followed the construction saga since Hollywood Park racetrack was closed a decade ago.

All in all, Sofi is a net plus to me after dealing with LA Coliseum or Rose Bowl for 50+ years, and nice to have a new world class stadium within a 10-15 minute drive. Agree with MisterDDDD, though, that it’s probably best to head out at encore, or before, if you’re on the floor.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: December 6, 2023 07:09

For a modern, new stadium, SoFi is the absolute worst stadium design I’ve ever seen. Horrific to get out from the field. The rest of the stadium is not designed to allow large crowds to exit quickly. They didn’t even turn all the escalators to going up last time, so every escalator was a huge bottleneck. I hate this stadium. I’m going to both shows and I’ll be in the pit, but I will only go to SoFi for the Stones, for no other artist, because it is only a two hour drive from home. If they ever tour the States again, I hope they avoid SoFi because I’d really prefer to never go to that stadium again.

Date: December 6, 2023 13:37

They have huge screens at Sofi but last time the Stones did not use them. Let's wait for the stage set up to see more.

Date: January 10, 2024 23:52

kv2915
I was in the PIT at Sofi last time and getting out was like climbing stairs for an hour. Worth it for Dip PIT but be prepared for that. Parking was also $80 in the lot. I did love the venue tho and it is easy to get to.

Kinda wish they were at the Rose Bowl for old times sake….

I looked at a few videos from Sofi - you're right. Quite a climb.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: January 11, 2024 04:51

LA (13th) Pit A SMU Package @ $805+ fees available now...

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home