Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Foxboro MA (Near Boston) USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2023 13:34

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour 2024 show and travel here:

Foxboro MA (Near Boston) USA

Bjornulf

Re: Foxboro MA (Near Boston) USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: November 29, 2023 17:38

Pit B...

now on to met life

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 29, 2023 17:41

Preparty Info. Feel free to share.

Wednesday, May 29
5:00 - 10:00 PM

City Winery Boston
80 Beverly Street, Boston MA
Short walk from North Station or Haymarket Station

Bill German will be in attendance and doing a Stones discussion as well as signing copies of his book, "Under Their Thumb". A limited number of books will be available for purchase. If you already own the book, bring it along.

It would be appreciated if you could let us know if you're interested so we can let the venue know which room to assign us. RSVPing on the FB event is preferred or you can leave a comment on this thread.
[www.facebook.com]

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-01 01:36 by CindyC.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 29, 2023 19:43

Yay Cindy!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 29, 2023 20:45

Scored pit Ronnie’s side

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 22:16

LD's!!!! First time ever! Thought Nashville with my sons would be the last time - lucky #13x and sharing that experience with my boys, but to do it again where it all started?!?!!? This time solo again like Buffalo in '15.......can't believe!!! May try for at least Philly too.

Posted by: vlover ()
Date: December 4, 2023 18:47

I need your help concerning how to get from Boston downtonw to Gillette Stadium Foxboro and back after the show. Is there / will there be a (shuttle) bus connection or anything similar? My lady and me, we´re from Germany, it will be our 1st visit to Boston, and we´re looking forward to any advice / hint of Boston/ Foxboro Stones-insiders. Thanx a lot in advance. Volker

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2023 18:51

There used to be a special train leaving in the afternoon from Boston, parking at a special "Foxboro Stadium" station near the venue, After the show the train was there, waited 1-2 hours (true!), then returned to Boston. Terrible system, I understand why most people drive.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 4, 2023 19:54

Downtown Boston is about 26 miles from Gillette Stadium.But Boston near the rush hour can be really congested.Plus it is just the beginning of the beach season in Cape Cod, so that might slow you down.

Date: December 5, 2023 01:23

One of my Boston crew was wondering if people might be interested in getting a group together to hire a bus/limo type thing. If enough people on here respond, I will let him know and he can get pricing.

Not enough interest, so this is a no go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-17 12:39 by CindyC.

Posted by: Billy10 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 01:42

My wife, daughter, and I would be interested as long as departure and return is walkable from where we live in Back Bay.

Date: December 5, 2023 06:45

bv
There used to be a special train leaving in the afternoon from Boston, parking at a special "Foxboro Stadium" station near the venue, After the show the train was there, waited 1-2 hours (true!), then returned to Boston. Terrible system, I understand why most people drive.

And even driving is such a clusterfk. One road in, one road out. But yes I definitely prefer driving. Will be different coming from the Adirondacks this time vs. Connecticut.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 5, 2023 14:15

Spoiler Alert.

Posted by: vlover ()
Date: December 5, 2023 17:05

My lady and me are definitely interessted to join booking a bus /limo or anything like that. We havn´t booked yet, but we´ll take a hotel in Boston downtown. Would that fit @CindyC? Regards Volker

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: December 5, 2023 17:38

schwonek
Spoiler Alert.

That would be disappointing as its very close to the 2019 poster

Date: December 5, 2023 18:03

No way that's the poster, as I'm pretty sure they'd be utilizing the HD tongue.....

Posted by: bpfinn94 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 18:04

Hello, I would be interested in the bus/limo option for Foxboro. There would be two of us.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 9, 2023 22:15

Why is everyone only thinking of transportation from Boston to Foxboro? Why aren't you looking at small towns near the stadium? Hotels there might even offer a shuttle service. Boston is a flaming NIGHTMARE to get in & out of! Just a thought!

Posted by: SummerStones ()
Date: December 9, 2023 22:59

In 2019, I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Foxborough/Mansfield. It was not bad, but I don't think there was a shuttle. We took our car from the hotel on the back roads and through a few little towns to get to the stadium, and I remember it being confusing. We had some type of preferred parking and left very quickly after the show through a side exit from the lot. I heard people arriving back at the hotel for hours after we were back; I think it is pretty crazy getting out of the Gillette lots with a car.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 10, 2023 02:44

mickschix
Why is everyone only thinking of transportation from Boston to Foxboro? Why aren't you looking at small towns near the stadium? Hotels there might even offer a shuttle service. Boston is a flaming NIGHTMARE to get in & out of! Just a thought!
Because some of the people are flying into Boston

Date: December 21, 2023 17:37

As of 6pm Wed. TM showing 300 Section at Foxboro at $139. (Had been almost $600!). Need to buy at least 2 though. Singles still pricey. Still no Pits though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-21 18:25 by DEmerson.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 22, 2023 01:03

The train will be the least painful way of getting there from Boston or Providence.

Date: January 17, 2024 12:38

Hi - I updated my earlier post near the top of page 1 to show the preparty information. Hope you can join us!

Also, I mentioned a friend was going to be organizing transportation if there was enough interest. Unfortunately there wasn't enough people to make it worth his effort, so that is not happening, sorry!

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: January 17, 2024 14:20

I will be taking my RV to Foxboro, a friend owns a shop a little over a mile from the show, and I can park over night, food, drink, and Stones music will be a good time.

Date: February 21, 2024 16:49

Seats opening up for Gillette- including GA Rear for the 1st time in awhile as of this morning, Wed. 2/21.
Pit resales also showing.

Date: March 1, 2024 01:35

Update for the pre-party...

Bill German will be attending and doing a 30 minute discussion, Q&A, and book signing of his book "Under Their Thumb". He will have a few copies available for purchase that evening, but feel free to bring your own copy if you have one.

YAY!

Date: March 10, 2024 00:49

I've been scouting tickets for this show and the prices for decent seats still seem to be OUT OF SIGHT! Does anyone know where to buy a relatively close side-seat, for under $600? I've checked Seat Geek & Stub Hub and they are still very high. I hate Ticketmaster but I did look there...way out of line! Thanks in advance for any info!

Date: March 10, 2024 00:59

Mickschix - if I were going to buy (more) tix, I’d buy low row in Sec. 128 or 129. Yes, ‘side view’ but will get you very close to the stage. I had similar seats in AZ a couple years ago, and they were really good. Not ‘cheap’ ($450+) - but if saving $ is the main concern, Gen Adm. rear of field are showing $169. Sound is great, room to dance and move around.

Date: March 10, 2024 19:40

Thanks, DEmerson! I'll check out 128 & 129. I won't try General Admission ever again, I almost got trampled when I had a GA ticket. Money is a major concern but safety is #1...I think the side seats are safer than front of stage and you get to sit a bit more for us older folks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home