Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Seattle WA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2023 13:30

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour 2024 show and travel here:

Seattle WA USA

Bjornulf

Re: Seattle WA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: November 29, 2023 17:45

Cant wait for this one! I went to the 2019 show at Lumen field and it was great. Ronnie had a very good night. I live in Tacoma which is just about 38 miles South of Seattle so I can catch the commuter train and get dropped off right at the stadium. I have a feeling that the band is going to be hot on this tour.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 29, 2023 20:16

got decent seats, front of upper deck. considerably more expensive than 2019. $300 for a pair, service charges included.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: November 29, 2023 21:09

$600 for 3 tickets in the front row of the nose bleeds.smoking smiley

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: November 29, 2023 21:33

Managed to get pretty good floor tickets. Bring on May!

Date: November 29, 2023 22:51

U2Stonesfan
$600 for 3 tickets in the front row of the nose bleeds.smoking smiley

I've sat there for more than one show & the sound is surprisingly good.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 29, 2023 23:01

Can anyone recommond what parts of the stadium are decent for sound? I hate echo-y stadiums.
syrel

Date: November 29, 2023 23:39

syrel
Can anyone recommond what parts of the stadium are decent for sound? I hate echo-y stadiums.
syrel

Lumen Field is one of the few stadiums where sound was an important part of the design. Anywhere in there it's good. Due to finances I'm sitting front of upper deck. Have sat there for multiple shows & the sound is great. Sound is funneled down into the stadium. It's one of the loudest stadiums in NFL.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 29, 2023 23:56

Cool thanks. I might do seats for this one to afford pits elsewhere...

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: November 30, 2023 00:30

crholmstrom
syrel
syrel

Lumen Field is one of the few stadiums where sound was an important part of the design. Anywhere in there it's good. Due to finances I'm sitting front of upper deck. Have sat there for multiple shows & the sound is great. Sound is funneled down into the stadium. It's one of the loudest stadiums in NFL.

Good point! I’ve been in Lumen 4 or 5 times, the sound has always been good in every seat. Plus the Stones always bring the big screens with them so you can see the front row action from almost every seat.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2023 02:11

The Stones knocked it out of the park on their last visit to Seattle, and the venue is really fantastic.
Took a few of my adult kids to that one and I'm really really glad I did, not only because it was such a great concert, but they got to see them with Charlie.
Lucky Dips pit(x4)!.. They're still talking about it.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 30, 2023 03:47

Wow, nice pic! Went on TM, surprised there's lots of presale seats still available.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 30, 2023 06:58

Wow, tons of availability for Seattle compared to Vancouver.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 30, 2023 12:07

I’m in 311. Tiny wife, so no point in pit or floor tickets as she just does not see a thing. Even struggles to see the screens! So went UP !!

Got the two tickets for USD 328 incl fees = AUD 496.00 - a bargain compared to their Aussie shows in 2014 where seats were AUD 537 EACH!!

Might try for Lucky Dips and use the best if they are better and in the stands.

Flying from Perth Australia straight into Vegas on May 11, then May 14 flying Delta to Seattle. Staying at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel, about 20 minute walk away.

Rod

Date: November 30, 2023 13:21

If anyone needs any help or pointers on Seattle, please reach out. I've lived here 60 of my 62 years & am happy to help.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 30, 2023 13:43

crholmstrom
If anyone needs any help or pointers on Seattle, please reach out. I've lived here 60 of my 62 years & am happy to help.

I will hit you up. I know how to reach you.

Posted by: KissRocks7 ()
Date: November 30, 2023 20:41

Seems like this show is selling slowly. Lots available at all price levels.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:19

I might hit this show also. Depends if I can get down and back the same day/night

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 21:59 by Paddy.

Date: December 2, 2023 09:34

Scored 2 LD tickets to this show. If they are better than my section 311 row Q tickets I’ll move!!! If they’re pit or anywhere on the floor, tickets, with a 4’9” wife, they’ll be no good to me and unused by me.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-03 14:41 by bitusa2012.

Date: December 3, 2023 14:43

crholmstrom

How easy/hard is it to get a tour of the Boeing factory ? One of my dreams. And as I’m coming from Perth Australia I’d love to take that in? Thanks.

Rod

Date: December 3, 2023 14:59

bitusa2012
crholmstrom

How easy/hard is it to get a tour of the Boeing factory ? One of my dreams. And as I’m coming from Perth Australia I’d love to take that in? Thanks.

The big factory tour is in Everett, WA which is quite a distance north. I usecabd to work there. It's a long drive or cab ride. Mass transit from downtown to there isn't really happening. However, I have a suggestion for you. The Museum of Flight is quite spectacular & is located at Boeing Field in Seattle. The original factory from 100 years ago is included in that I think. It would be quite easy to get to from downtown. Here is a link below. It says Tukwila WA but it's on the south border of the city proper. I think you would enjoy this & it wouldn't take you a whole day in travel to & from it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

[www.museumofflight.org]

PS: I was correct, the original factory is included. It's known as the Red Barn. It's 1 of the galleries at the museum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-03 15:02 by crholmstrom.

Date: December 3, 2023 16:10

crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom

The big factory tour is in Everett, WA which is quite a distance north. I usecabd to work there. It's a long drive or cab ride. Mass transit from downtown to there isn't really happening. However, I have a suggestion for you. The Museum of Flight is quite spectacular & is located at Boeing Field in Seattle. The original factory from 100 years ago is included in that I think. It would be quite easy to get to from downtown. Here is a link below. It says Tukwila WA but it's on the south border of the city proper. I think you would enjoy this & it wouldn't take you a whole day in travel to & from it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

[www.museumofflight.org]

PS: I was correct, the original factory is included. It's known as the Red Barn. It's 1 of the galleries at the museum.

Oh BRILLIANT mate. That looks like a goer for me! Thanks ever so much. I realised the actual factory is in Everett. I’d be happy to get there too I must say. Uber?

Rod

Date: December 3, 2023 16:51

bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom

[www.museumofflight.org]

Oh BRILLIANT mate. That looks like a goer for me! Thanks ever so much. I realised the actual factory is in Everett. I’d be happy to get there too I must say. Uber?

Yes, Uber could be a solution albeit an expensive one. I've never done the tour in Everett per se. I did get a tour when I was first hired. Keep in mind getting to Everett & back during the work week you would be dealing with horrific traffic. Some of the worst in the country. The drive would be at least an hour each way if not more. It's a bit better during the weekend but not much. Below is a link for the Everett tour.

[www.boeingfutureofflight.com]

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: December 3, 2023 17:07

Thanks for your offer.

Looking at two hotels, Hotel Sorrento (900 Madison St) and Mayflower Park Hotel (405 Olive Way), as possibilities for my visit.

They seem to be decent, reasonably priced, and within walking distance for me (a bit over a mile from stadium).

Any insight you may have about these places or their neighborhood is appreciated.

I will understand if you have no personal experience with the hotels themselves, I have none with any of the places near me.

Thanks

Date: December 3, 2023 17:07

crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom

[www.museumofflight.org]

Yes, Uber could be a solution albeit an expensive one. I've never done the tour in Everett per se. I did get a tour when I was first hired. Keep in mind getting to Everett & back during the work week you would be dealing with horrific traffic. Some of the worst in the country. The drive would be at least an hour each way if not more. It's a bit better during the weekend but not much. Below is a link for the Everett tour.

An option that avoids the traffic could be the Sounder train from downtown to Everett, then Uber. Train station not far from hotel.
Still takes about an hour, but inexpensive and no potential prolonged traffic issues.
[www.soundtransit.org]

Date: December 3, 2023 21:11

barbequebob
Thanks for your offer.

Looking at two hotels, Hotel Sorrento (900 Madison St) and Mayflower Park Hotel (405 Olive Way), as possibilities for my visit.

They seem to be decent, reasonably priced, and within walking distance for me (a bit over a mile from stadium).

Any insight you may have about these places or their neighborhood is appreciated.

I will understand if you have no personal experience with the hotels themselves, I have none with any of the places near me.

Thanks

Both those hotels are good. They are a long hike uphill after the show if you're going that way. I would recommend checking hotels near the airport. Much more reasonable & there is a light rail station there that runs to 2 blocks from the stadium.

Date: December 3, 2023 21:13

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom
bitusa2012
crholmstrom

[www.museumofflight.org]

An option that avoids the traffic could be the Sounder train from downtown to Everett, then Uber. Train station not far from hotel.
Still takes about an hour, but inexpensive and no potential prolonged traffic issues.
[www.soundtransit.org]

Sorry I forgot about the Sounder. I've never used it so I didn't know they went there.

Date: December 3, 2023 23:40

crholmstrom
Sorry I forgot about the Sounder. I've never used it so I didn't know they went there.

Easy one to forget about.. my kid takes it to work from Everett to the stadium area daily and it works great for that.
Can also take it or the light rail to Tukwila and a connecting bus to the Museum of Flight, but like you said, that one's not too far to Uber etc from downtown.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: December 5, 2023 04:41

Seattle - Start Me Up Packages (Pit A & B ) currently available at US$799 (Face Value I think) + a mere $128 fees

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 5, 2023 05:57

Yes, that is face value.

Fun fact: the package prices never fluctuate. They stay the same.

Only "Platinum" prices fluctuate.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home