Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: December 15, 2023 01:43

I have been half-expecting one of them to potentially sit in with this or a fairly similar band, but not necessarily on that date or at that venue. Wouldn't rule it out, though.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 22:47

SecondSet
I have been half-expecting one of them to potentially sit in with this or a fairly similar band, but not necessarily on that date or at that venue. Wouldn't rule it out, though.

Got notice today the start time for this has been pushed back an hour to 10pm.. Maybe to give some guests time for a shower? haaa

Date: December 19, 2023 03:14

snoopy2
SecondSet

Got notice today the start time for this has been pushed back an hour to 10pm.. Maybe to give some guests time for a shower? haaa

I wouldn't assume so. There are lots of late shows during Jazz Fest, some of them much later, including by this band.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 19, 2023 05:15

Some shows go until sun up during Jazz Fest.

No Rolling Stone will be up that long if they indeed visit/sit in.

Tips, the Maple Leaf... in the past, anyway, have been venues they've attended.

Date: December 19, 2023 23:34

GasLightStreet

I've had another venue in mind, smaller than the Superdome or UNO, but larger than any mentioned yet. We'll see what gets announced down the line.

Date: December 20, 2023 02:18

SecondSet
GasLightStreet

I've had another venue in mind, smaller than the Superdome or UNO, but larger than any mentioned yet. We'll see what gets announced down the line.

The Fillmore's bar no longer accepts cash. Lame.

Posted by: Lamorinda ()
Date: December 28, 2023 17:32

Has anyone purchased a one-day pass for May 2nd? Any information on which service you used would be appreciated! Merci!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 17, 2024 09:51

Line-up announcement on Januari 18.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: January 17, 2024 10:20

Do we have some clues ?
Other great names ?

Date: January 18, 2024 06:11

The Foo Fighters are a good bet to headline the day after the Stones. Willie Nelson also a decent bet for the second weekend, perhaps late afternoon on Sunday, traditionally closed by Trombone Shorty in the former Neville Brothers slot. Ivan Neville's band Dumpstaphunk will probably precede the Stones on Thursday. Some second Saturday headliner possibilities include Hozier, Billy Strings, and maybe Eric Church. A few other names I'd expect or wouldn't be surprised to see over the second weekend - Bonnie Raitt, Earth, Wind & Fire, Steel Pulse, Indigo Girls, Amos Lee, and Rhiannon Giddens and/or Allison Russell, perhaps together.

There's some talk of Neil Young headlining, but I tend to think he would play the first weekend, which is probably also likelier for possibilities including the Black Crowes, Bruce Hornsby, John Mellencamp, Noah Kahan, Arcade Fire, Widespread Panic, and, for some actual jazz, perhaps Herbie Hancock.

I doubt it will be a headlining set, but at some point I would expect a semi-all-star tribute to Jimmy Buffett with various special guests.

Of course, the heart of the festival is the local and regional acts, at the fairgrounds and in the clubs. You can find the still-developing list of nighttime performances here: [www.jazzfestgrids.com]. In addition to the Meters celebration Thursday night and Karl's late night show at Tip's, I'd also note the Cedric Burnside and Jackie Venson shows Friday, and Terence Blanchard on Saturday, though he will probably be in the jazz tent as well.

Date: January 18, 2024 18:39

Day-by-day lineups still to come, but looks like I was right about Hozier among other second-weekenders, though not Willie. Some of the other headliners and subs are more of a surprise, but I easily could have added mention of Jon Batiste - who seemed too obvious to mention along with smaller names like Samantha Fish - the Beach Boys, and the Allman Betts Band, with which Chuck could sit in.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 18, 2024 18:43

Actually, here's the by-weekend breakdown, with Neil joining the Stones for what looks like a pretty great second weekend: [www.nola.com].

Date: January 18, 2024 19:51

Does anyone know if JazzFest has ever sold out? Do I need to get tickets today? Thx.

Posted by: Bandk4011 ()
Date: January 18, 2024 22:20

It has never sold out. There have been insanely crowded 100,000 plus days, but they kept selling tickets.

However, when the Stones were supposed to play the first time, the plan was to limit ticket sales to 50,000 on that day only. I would guess that this time will be similar. If you know you're going, buy tickets now.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: January 18, 2024 22:35

SecondSet: thx for pointing out Cedric Burnside appearance.. I've seen him a number of times here in the Shoals as he's with local based SingleLock records.. He plays guitar often now but for me the real treat is his drum playing.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 18, 2024 23:25

spunky

Line-up announcement on Januari 18.

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: January 18, 2024 23:36

Foo Fighters, Neil Young Crazy Horse, HOZIER, Queen Latifah, Greta Van Fleet, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Bonnie Raitt, Celebrating Jimmy Buffett with the Coral Reefer Band, Earth, Wind & Fire, Irma Thomas, Joe Bonamassa, Steel Pulse, The Uptown Ruler Cyril Neville, George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Jeffrey Osborne, Rhiannon Giddens, Galactic featuring Anjelika Jelly Joseph, Terence Blanchard: FLOW, Grupo Niche of Colombia, Dumpstaphunk, The Radiators, Allison Russell, The Wallflowers, Samara Joy, The Soul Rebels, Nickel Creek, PJ Morton, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, Samantha Fish, Tower of Power
and many others in Stones weekend!
New Orleans Jazz Fest 2024 is a must!

Date: January 19, 2024 07:50

It appears that Hozier, though top-billed, is sub-headlining Friday, likely on the Gentilly Stage while the Foos are on the main one, as Greta van Fleet should be Saturday. So the second-weekend headliners seem to be:

Thursday - The Rolling Stones
Friday - Foo Fighters
Saturday - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Sunday - Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue

Bonnie Raitt is playing Sunday, but not sure if she'll be at Gentilly, which may get closed by George Thorogood [edit: or Joe Bonamassa], or the main stage, where she could play a mid-afternoon set. I'm guessing that the Buffett tribute will precede Shorty there on Sunday, and that Earth, Wind & Fire will play against him at Congo Square, which Queen Latifah will headline Saturday or maybe Friday, though I think Steel Pulse has it then.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-19 18:59 by SecondSet.

Date: January 19, 2024 09:08

Some of the by-day lineups...

Thursday - the Stones, Cyril Neville? Dumpstaphunk, Samantha Fish, Honey Island Swamp Band, John "Papa" Gros?

Friday - Foo Fighters, Hozier, Steel Pulse, Allison Russell? Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, Anders Osborne, Galactic, Zachary Richard? Marc Broussard

Saturday - Neil Young, Queen Latifah? Greta van Fleet, Terence Blanchard? Nickel Creek, Tab Benoit, Dragon Smoke? Johnny Sansone?

Sunday - Trombone Shorty, Bonnie Raitt, Jimmy Buffett Tribute? Earth Wind & Fire? Joe Bonamassa? George Thorogood, Grupo Niche of Colombia? Tower of Power, Marcia Ball, George Porter Jr. & Runnin Pardners? Jon Cleary, Wayne Shorter Tribute?

Friday looking to me like the weak link so far, though a good jazz import or two - Stefon Harris? Samara Joy? - and lots of locals could help save it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-19 09:14 by SecondSet.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 25, 2024 19:47

Jazzest Grids for days between and night shows starting to fill in.

[www.jazzfestgrids.com]

Also,the day before the Stones is the annual Daze Between gig at a local brewery.
Chuck Leavell will be sitting in with Govt.Mule and friends!

[dazebetweennola.com]

Date: January 28, 2024 21:29

Got my tickets! Both weekends! See y'all there!

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: February 2, 2024 16:05

Question, does anyone know if there is a possibility that at some point they will go back on sale for 1-day tickets only for the Rolling Stones?

Date: February 2, 2024 21:38

MartinStone87
Question, does anyone know if there is a possibility that at some point they will go back on sale for 1-day tickets only for the Rolling Stones?

Whether or not the general public can buy single-day tickets for Rolling Stones Thursday is to be determined, pending availability.

[www.nola.com]

Secondary market might be more reliable. I dunno. I think the May 2 price listed here is off a bit.

[nypost.com]

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: February 8, 2024 16:54

Lamorinda do you live in Lamorinda? I do as well. Want to meet up for coffee sometime?

Date: February 9, 2024 20:14

getdown
Lamorinda do you live in Lamorinda? I do as well. Want to meet up for coffee sometime?

Yes, I do live in Lamorinda! But I split my time between there and NOLA! Currently here for Mardi Gras (much bigger turnout this year vs. last year).

I'll be back up in a few weeks. Let's meet up at Peet's.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 10, 2024 10:56

Great line up for one of the most unique festivals. There is no other place like New Orleans.

I would love to see Ivan Neville's band and C. Burnside in such an amazing place.

Tickets aren't cheap, are they? Even with getting an oil company sponsoring the event. An oil company backing a Louisiana festival... cannot do without oil.

Date: February 11, 2024 05:56

Peet's in L thumbs up

Date: February 11, 2024 19:19

getdown
Peet's in L thumbs up

Hey getdown: How do I contact you?

Date: February 14, 2024 03:06

You can use one of my old emails bh_mccarthy@yahoo.com

Date: February 14, 2024 06:10

frenki09
Great line up for one of the most unique festivals. There is no other place like New Orleans.

I would love to see Ivan Neville's band and C. Burnside in such an amazing place.

Tickets aren't cheap, are they? Even with getting an oil company sponsoring the event. An oil company backing a Louisiana festival... cannot do without oil.

LOL

Shell is one of the biggest, if not possibly the MOST, contributor to the coastal destruction of Louisiana's coast and marsh.

So of course it makes sense.

You contribute to the people/culture where it sits easy so they forget, lose or don't care, and kick the can down the road with glee.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home