Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Houston TX USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 24, 2024 04:14

See You there

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 24, 2024 04:15

hot smiley

Date: April 24, 2024 05:42

Which side of NRG is the box office located? Anyone know this?

Closer to Kirby?

Or on the back side of the stadium?

I want to know where to walk to pick up my tickets without going around the entire stadium.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-24 05:48 by georgemcdonnell314.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 06:04

georgemcdonnell314
Which side of NRG is the box office located? Anyone know this?

Closer to Kirby?

Or on the back side of the stadium?

I want to know where to walk to pick up my tickets without going around the entire stadium.

Thanks

South side of stadium - you will see on maps that is the Amegy Gate, Ford Gate, Bud Light Plaza are on that side
Entrance 9 off Kirb
There are box office windows outside the first set of gates - in outdoor concrete looking buildings and another set of box office windows once you are through the first gates.

[www.alamy.com]

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: April 24, 2024 06:10

georgemcdonnell314

Thanks

As in actual printed tickets on card stock? I want printed tickets - thought it was all digital now...

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Date: April 24, 2024 06:41

It was supposed to be a transfer, but they emailed to pick up at the box office and show ID and CC which I will do on Saturday.

Yes, they still have physical tickets. You can get them the day they go on sale at the venue.

georgemcdonnell314

Thanks

As in actual printed tickets on card stock? I want printed tickets - thought it was all digital now...[/quote]

Date: April 24, 2024 07:47

georgemcdonnell314
It was supposed to be a transfer, but they emailed to pick up at the box office and show ID and CC which I will do on Saturday.

Yes, they still have physical tickets. You can get them the day they go on sale at the venue.

georgemcdonnell314

Thanks

As in actual printed tickets on card stock? I want printed tickets - thought it was all digital now...
[/quote]

still some folks who love to keep the ticket and have memorabilia for concerts so they go get a physical one. smiling smiley

Date: April 24, 2024 09:44

Sockers56
dnewton99
IMPORTANT BUSH/IAH Airport note to save loads of time and stress - if your flight is C/D/E terminals - use terminal B for drop off and pickup.

Super important note for all:

If you are scheduled for Terminal C/D/E - which is United and all international flights - the new monnster international terminal construction is requiring a long term closer of several crucial lanes to and from those terminals and it can be a nightmare of very long wait in traffic especially at busy times - don't risk it. And a very large and frustrated crowd in the terminals.

The trick is to use Terminal B for dropoff and pickup. And then call your uber, or get on car rental shuttle etc. Use the monorail (inside security) or the underground toy train (outside security) to get over to the other terminals. International travelers - every terminal has separate door/area with official taxis with a flat rate by zone - no app needed. Not cheap but about same as Uber & Lyft $55 to downtown, $70 to NRG area - approx

I live here and I have all visitors do this and I do this for all business and personal travel all the time for last year or 2 and plan to for all five years of construction. You can check google maps traffic right next to terminal when you land if you are skeptical but many times of day it is gridlock.
More info below:

Arriving - if you have carryon take inside security monorail to Terminal B which is smaller and often very quiet - then call Uber or get on rental car shuttle from that terminal.

Luggage - get your luggage and ride underground train to B. Reverse the process when leaving - even more important to not stress about your flights.

You can check in for United for any flight including international flights in Terminal B and go through security there. Other airlines you will need to take elevator down and use the toy train to get to your terminal. [www.fly2houston.com]

Terminals A & B use a completely different road so no crazy traffic challenge and are much less crazy busy terminals. All are connected via train and monorail.

email or message me for more info if you need any info [email protected]

Hi there,

I'm traveling from Michigan for the very first time to Houston. I will be flying Spirit & will arive in Houston April 27 at 1:45pm. I am staying at Scottish Inns & Suites at NRG Park. What advice do you have for me? I understand the stadium is near the hotel.

this poster sockers and I have connected offline so he has his questions answered. Donna

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 24, 2024 16:30

I hope that people will film that show and share it on facebook.
I won't be able to go on that tour, as I am very sick.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 24, 2024 16:43

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

All the best to you.
Keep Going and Keep Smiling...

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 24, 2024 17:59

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

Get well soon, Mops. Hopefully you'll be back at shows in no time.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 24, 2024 19:30

Will the Houston shirts go with the space theme?

Odd they still haven't fixed that apostrophe in "'24"---it should be facing the other way.

Date: April 24, 2024 19:49

I sure hope they do a little better with the shirts this tour. Some of the more recent ones have been subpar.

We'll know on Saturday probably.

I am sure there will be photos of the merchandise booths posted on here.

Odd they still haven't fixed that apostrophe in "'24"---it should be facing the other way.[/quote]

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 24, 2024 21:23

Anyone seen the stage??

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2024 22:15

georgemcdonnell314
I sure hope they do a little better with the shirts this tour. Some of the more recent ones have been subpar.

Odd they still haven't fixed that apostrophe in "'24"---it should be facing the other way.

Agree...hopefully the designs are better this time around.

Haven't they done space themed a couple times? I think they came out with one after NASA named a Mars rock after them, be interesting to see what they came up with for the opener. Staying nearby, and I'll be scouting for the merch trucks on Sat. When you getting in George?
Another tour opener meet up before the show would be great.smileys with beer

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 24, 2024 22:25

If I recall correctly, the merch trucks haven't been opening until the day of the show at around 4pm, but it certainly doesn't hurt to check on Saturday.

Date: April 24, 2024 22:36

DDD maybe we can meet up for lunch like we did in St. Louis. Another small gathering.

Looks like there is a BBQ place just off McKee.

You should have my email address.

Donna, how is this BBQ?

[order.pappasbbq.com]

keefmick
If I recall correctly, the merch trucks haven't been opening until the day of the show at around 4pm, but it certainly doesn't hurt to check on Saturday.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2024 23:47

BBQ place looks great George.
Looking forward to it thumbs up

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 23:51

Robert Downey Jr did exactly this before the Rose Bowl show - Cal Tech and NASA are right up the road.

MisterDDDD
georgemcdonnell314

Agree...hopefully the designs are better this time around.

Haven't they done space themed a couple times? I think they came out with one after NASA named a Mars rock after them, be interesting to see what they came up with for the opener. Staying nearby, and I'll be scouting for the merch trucks on Sat. When you getting in George?
Another tour opener meet up before the show would be great.smileys with beer

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: April 25, 2024 00:23

dedospegajosos
Anyone seen the stage??

besides the pictures posted to facebook a few days ago we have no idea about the stage. Frustrating since last tour we were getting daily updates on the stage construction in Madrid. I'm sure there are photos out there however deep they may be.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 25, 2024 00:24

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 25, 2024 00:47

hey just received vip items

Date: April 25, 2024 00:50

working on posting picture to my you tube

Date: April 25, 2024 00:54

try @kenhoran138

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: April 25, 2024 01:21

kkhoranstoned
working on posting picture to my you tube

Are you talking about pictures of the stage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-25 01:33 by FeelslikeaGhost.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 01:34

Is anyone staying at the Scottish Inn & Suites at NRG Stadium?

Date: April 25, 2024 03:38

Date: April 25, 2024 03:40

sorry for confusion..there a box sent to fans with vip package
i was excited to show the items in the box..

Date: April 25, 2024 03:47

NASA - Space Center Houston - don't attempt it unless you have 6+ hours free or more. It is way long drive and huge.

One of my Stones buddies is visiting for the show and she is super interested in NASA so we booked a tour months ago and she is here an extra full day to ensure the one full day available we could get there.. been years since I have been there since I am a local. ha

FYI - it is a very long day to do Space Center Houston (NASA). Allow an hour and half each way for getting there if you attempt it and book tram tickets ahead. But unless you are coming in early or staying an extra day it is a serious hike and a huge thing. Even a fly by would be 2-3 hours at a minimum plus the 3 hours allowance for driving each way. Also the tram tours leave at set times like once in AM and once in PM

Instead go to the museums (butterfly exhibit with live butterflies might land on you), have tex mex at iconic places, or BBQ, see the Waugh Bat colony at dusk, the James Turells Skyspace amazing light and sky color light sequence - amazing and free at sunrise and sunset (on Rice Campus), go to Hermann Park and visit the various areas - especially the McGovern garden - small but cool, consider the eastern glades at Memorial Park, at the Museum of Fine Arts go to the free outdoor sculpture garden, tiered stairs and super techy cool glass tube building you can read about Kinder building. It cools the building and filters light in a crazy techy way.

[moody.rice.edu]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 25, 2024 06:28

I have been to the space center. I want to say 2017.

It's a long day. Overwhelming if you are not prepared. We were with a group and left at 7am and got back at 7 pm. We were all exhausted. It may have changed but I doubt you can do it in a few hours.

NASA - Space Center Houston - don't attempt it unless you have 6+ hours free or more. It is way long drive and huge.

One of my Stones buddies is visiting for the show and she is super interested in NASA so we booked a tour months ago and she is here an extra full day to ensure the one full day available we could get there.. been years since I have been there since I am a local. ha

FYI - it is a very long day to do Space Center Houston (NASA). Allow an hour and half each way for getting there if you attempt it and book tram tickets ahead. But unless you are coming in early or staying an extra day it is a serious hike and a huge thing. Even a fly by would be 2-3 hours at a minimum plus the 3 hours allowance for driving each way. Also the tram tours leave at set times like once in AM and once in PM

Instead go to the museums (butterfly exhibit with live butterflies might land on you), have tex mex at iconic places, or BBQ, see the Waugh Bat colony at dusk, the James Turells Skyspace amazing light and sky color light sequence - amazing and free at sunrise and sunset (on Rice Campus), go to Hermann Park and visit the various areas - especially the McGovern garden - small but cool, consider the eastern glades at Memorial Park, at the Museum of Fine Arts go to the free outdoor sculpture garden, tiered stairs and super techy cool glass tube building you can read about Kinder building. It cools the building and filters light in a crazy techy way.

[moody.rice.edu]

[www.youtube.com][/quote]

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home