Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Houston TX USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 21, 2024 21:31

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 21, 2024 21:40

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: April 21, 2024 23:46

Wow! What a pic!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 22, 2024 00:37

Topi
[www.facebook.com]

Exciting times! Thanks for sharing the link!

Date: April 22, 2024 06:42

So it looks like we are taking the bus line from IAH to NRG. It takes an hour and a half.

Anyone local know if the bus line is safe?

I do not want to rent a car and Uber is really expensive.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 22, 2024 06:53

georgemcdonnell314
So it looks like we are taking the bus line from IAH to NRG. It takes an hour and a half.

I am taking the same bus (102) and transferring to Red Line. I ain't trippin'.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: April 22, 2024 15:41

Dan
georgemcdonnell314

I am taking the same bus (102) and transferring to Red Line. I ain't trippin'.

Houston is freakishly car centric - even for the US - much like most of Los Angeles for example so very few I know ever ride our public transport. But 102 per research does go through a sketchy neigbhorhood for sure called Greenspoint with lots of stops but as long as it is daytime you should be okay.
Super Shuttle sued the city re advertising the former direct to downtown bus and won apparently. Then Uber put SuperShuttle out of business. So we lost any direct cheaper options. Options for transport from IAH and our other smaller airport HOU is close to zero except cars and uber and yellow cab.

If you are arriving on Saturday buses and trains run less but also will move faster likley. It will be hot next weekend so plan for that.

For travelers and options to note:

Note that Lyft is not as popular in Houston so can often be cheaper - showing $42 to NRG area right now for example from IAH. So worth just checking when you land to see current price. Be sure to scroll to bottom as some cheaper alternatives are hidden. Also maybe others landing same timea and you could share an Uber/lyft? lots of fans arriving so maybe folks want to team up and share an uber?

Date: April 22, 2024 16:07

IMPORTANT BUSH/IAH Airport note to save loads of time and stress - if your flight is C/D/E terminals - use terminal B for drop off and pickup.

Super important note for all:

If you are scheduled for Terminal C/D/E - which is United and all international flights - the new monnster international terminal construction is requiring a long term closer of several crucial lanes to and from those terminals and it can be a nightmare of very long wait in traffic especially at busy times - don't risk it. And a very large and frustrated crowd in the terminals.

The trick is to use Terminal B for dropoff and pickup. And then call your uber, or get on car rental shuttle etc. Use the monorail (inside security) or the underground toy train (outside security) to get over to the other terminals. International travelers - every terminal has separate door/area with official taxis with a flat rate by zone - no app needed. Not cheap but about same as Uber & Lyft $55 to downtown, $70 to NRG area - approx

I live here and I have all visitors do this and I do this for all business and personal travel all the time for last year or 2 and plan to for all five years of construction. You can check google maps traffic right next to terminal when you land if you are skeptical but many times of day it is gridlock.
More info below:

Arriving - if you have carryon take inside security monorail to Terminal B which is smaller and often very quiet - then call Uber or get on rental car shuttle from that terminal.

Luggage - get your luggage and ride underground train to B. Reverse the process when leaving - even more important to not stress about your flights.

You can check in for United for any flight including international flights in Terminal B and go through security there. Other airlines you will need to take elevator down and use the toy train to get to your terminal. [www.fly2houston.com]

Terminals A & B use a completely different road so no crazy traffic challenge and are much less crazy busy terminals. All are connected via train and monorail.

email or message me for more info if you need any info dnewton98@yahoo.com

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 22, 2024 17:16

Thanks for all the good inf Mrs. Donna Newton!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 22, 2024 19:13

Christiaan
Thanks for all the good inf Mrs. Donna Newton!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

you are quite welcome. I love my city but it has some crazy to it also.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 23, 2024 02:12

Houston Monday April 22, 2024:

Bjornulf

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 23, 2024 03:08

thank you donna did anyone else get vip gate info

Date: April 23, 2024 03:37

yes emails for show appear to be going out. Early entry check in 4:30-5:45 both PIT and GA rear.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 03:39

Our First City/Venue sticky! All of a sudden this tour becomes real!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 07:20

I got my early entry email I can't wait..

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 23, 2024 10:19

California… >> Texas

[x.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-23 10:20 by Lien.

Date: April 23, 2024 15:04

I am not concerned about being on the bus. I am concerned about the neighborhood where I have to transfer. Nothing can be worse than the bus ride I took in India.
georgemcdonnell314

I am taking the same bus (102) and transferring to Red Line. I ain't trippin'.[/quote]

Posted by: douglasmanso ()
Date: April 23, 2024 16:58

Hi guys!
i'm going to houston from brazil, but will arrive in austin and drive to the stadium. Is there plenty of parking lots available? How's the traffic before and after? Any tips about where to park?
Thank you guys!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:16

I just don't know, how this is gonna go? Big Ask in the age of Taylor & Pink touring bohemoths

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:20

SKILLS
I just don't know, how this is gonna go? Big Ask in the age of Taylor & Pink touring bohemoths

The Rolling Stones invented "touring behemoths".

Date: April 23, 2024 19:08

Does anyone know what the sandbar is?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:36

douglasmanso
Hi guys!
i'm going to houston from brazil, but will arrive in austin and drive to the stadium. Is there plenty of parking lots available? How's the traffic before and after? Any tips about where to park?
Thank you guys!

I've been to that area a few times. The Astrodome is across the way. There's parking just about anywhere for miles. Parking should be fine seeing that NRG holds 72,000 people, there might be 45,000 that show up for the Stones.

Whatever, because of the stage.

This show will be the best (and only good) thing to happen in Houston for 2024.

Date: April 23, 2024 20:01

SKILLS

I don't have the exact figures in front of me but since 1969 something like 97% of their shows have sold out.

I was at one of the two not-sold-out shows in 1994. 8 shows, for certain, in 2006 didn't sell out. That's probably it.

50 & COUNTING sold out.

14 ON FIRE sold out.

ZIP CODE sold out.

América Latina Olé tour sold out.

Their 4 year long NO FILTER tour sold out.

SIXTY sold out.

That's 2013-2023. It's extremely unlikely they are concerned or worry about such a thing or ever have.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 23, 2024 20:40

GasLightStreet
SKILLS

I don't have the exact figures in front of me but since 1969 something like 97% of their shows have sold out.

I was at one of the two not-sold-out shows in 1994. 8 shows, for certain, in 2006 didn't sell out. That's probably it.

50 & COUNTING sold out.

14 ON FIRE sold out.

ZIP CODE sold out.

SIXTY sold out.

That's 2013-2023. It's extremely unlikely they are concerned or worry about such a thing or ever have.

Actually the goal these days is not to sell it out. The goal is to set the prices just as expensive that every show is an almost sell out.

There have been various articles in the past describing that practice.

Date: April 23, 2024 21:46

StonedRambler
GasLightStreet
SKILLS

50 & COUNTING sold out.

14 ON FIRE sold out.

ZIP CODE sold out.

SIXTY sold out.

Actually the goal these days is not to sell it out. The goal is to set the prices just as expensive that every show is an almost sell out.

There have been various articles in the past describing that practice.

The whole 'hold x amount of seats until show time' and 'corporate boxes' has been going on for decades. Record labels. Promoters. Local event coordinators. Corporate sponsors. Fan club, credit card promo, win this ticket/radio stations.

As in, they're not available. Tickets on sale are only for seats available to the public. A sold out show shows availability/occupancy as 48,465/48,465.

So is 48,465/47,932 not a public sell out?

Does 48,465/48,465 include the whole bit I mentioned above?

Some shows, say 18,300 yet only just under 3000 tickets are available to the general public because of... is why shows sell out so fast.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 24, 2024 00:26

GasLightStreet
douglasmanso
Hi guys!
Thank you guys!

I've been to that area a few times. The Astrodome is across the way. There's parking just about anywhere for miles. Parking should be fine seeing that NRG holds 72,000 people, there might be 45,000 that show up for the Stones.

Whatever, because of the stage.

This show will be the best (and only good) thing to happen in Houston for 2024.

Yes, plenty of parking in the area. Last time I saw the Stones there it seemed like traffic moved out pretty smoothly after the show, too.

Date: April 24, 2024 01:38

ohmercy61
Does anyone know what the sandbar is?

might be a typo. That is what Kenny Chesney calls his VIP PIT. Maybe they use a template and forgot to edit that line? see link. Further research says same group does his packages - aegpresents. ha

[www.fccincinnati.com]

Date: April 24, 2024 01:47

Ok ty that makes sense.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 03:34

dnewton99
IMPORTANT BUSH/IAH Airport note to save loads of time and stress - if your flight is C/D/E terminals - use terminal B for drop off and pickup.

Super important note for all:

If you are scheduled for Terminal C/D/E - which is United and all international flights - the new monnster international terminal construction is requiring a long term closer of several crucial lanes to and from those terminals and it can be a nightmare of very long wait in traffic especially at busy times - don't risk it. And a very large and frustrated crowd in the terminals.

The trick is to use Terminal B for dropoff and pickup. And then call your uber, or get on car rental shuttle etc. Use the monorail (inside security) or the underground toy train (outside security) to get over to the other terminals. International travelers - every terminal has separate door/area with official taxis with a flat rate by zone - no app needed. Not cheap but about same as Uber & Lyft $55 to downtown, $70 to NRG area - approx

I live here and I have all visitors do this and I do this for all business and personal travel all the time for last year or 2 and plan to for all five years of construction. You can check google maps traffic right next to terminal when you land if you are skeptical but many times of day it is gridlock.
More info below:

Arriving - if you have carryon take inside security monorail to Terminal B which is smaller and often very quiet - then call Uber or get on rental car shuttle from that terminal.

Luggage - get your luggage and ride underground train to B. Reverse the process when leaving - even more important to not stress about your flights.

You can check in for United for any flight including international flights in Terminal B and go through security there. Other airlines you will need to take elevator down and use the toy train to get to your terminal. [www.fly2houston.com]

Terminals A & B use a completely different road so no crazy traffic challenge and are much less crazy busy terminals. All are connected via train and monorail.

email or message me for more info if you need any info [email protected]

Hi there,

I'm traveling from Michigan for the very first time to Houston. I will be flying Spirit & will arive in Houston April 27 at 1:45pm. I am staying at Scottish Inns & Suites at NRG Park. What advice do you have for me? I understand the stadium is near the hotel.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 24, 2024 04:11

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home